Brave Stride — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Brave Stride

I have an idea for a brave stride re-work that wouldn't be huge. What if on brave stride you gain 2 stacks of stability every time you strike a new enemy as your targeted enemy (10-20 sec CD, not counting the enemies that you cleave at the same time). Thoughts?

#nornmodeisbestmode

<1

Comments

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018

what do you mean with not counting enemies that you cleave at the same time?
    like that the internal cd gets set back to 20s when hitting a new enemy while it was still on cd?

or that you couldnt get 10 stacks by hitting 5 ppl?

• No, my thoughts are that the ICD would run based on who you're hitting that you have targeted (people/npcs that are next to your target don't count as a new target unless you target them specifically). The ICD would be so that you can't just hit a target >tab > hit a new target > tab > hit a new target, and just build up a bunch of stability really quickly, you'd only be able to get stability soo often, but if you're only fighting 1 foe you wouldn't be able to get stability more than once. I don't know this could be a dumb idea or a really great idea, but it'd be better than what we currently have.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Ferus.3165Ferus.3165 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018

@TheBravery.9615 said:
    Brave Stride:: Rework this. Successfully landing a burst attack grants stability.

that would be a much better idea

• That wouldn't be a bad idea, except the amount of bursting we can do would make it a little OP unless they introduce an ICD with it, so in the end you'd never know if your burst was going to give you stability or not. My way you'd be getting more stability through normal combat as you change targets, and as things die and you move to the next thing.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• brave stride is fine as it is now. buffing it nonetheless is certainly more welcomed.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• TheBravery.9615TheBravery.9615 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:
    That wouldn't be a bad idea, except the amount of bursting we can do would make it a little OP unless they introduce an ICD with it, so in the end you'd never know if your burst was going to give you stability or not. My way you'd be getting more stability through normal combat as you change targets, and as things die and you move to the next thing.

I didn't include details on how much stability is granted and if there's an icd because that's the tipping point of what makes it balanced. If it's a 1 second, 1 stack stab for each burst landed, it's underpowered. If it's a 8 second stab for 5 stacks it's overpowered. In the end though, it would probably be easier to implement this because it's more simple and doesn't account for who's a new target struck (a new variable)

• Another one of my fears is that we already have sooo much tied to bursts (11 traits) and landing bursts, how many more things are we wanting to tie to bursts?
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burst

#nornmodeisbestmode

@alcopaul.2156 said:
    brave stride is fine as it is now. buffing it nonetheless is certainly more welcomed.

brave stride right now is complete garbage, why would i want a trait that only works once in a fight, no matter how long im fighting

• @RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:
    brave stride is fine as it is now. buffing it nonetheless is certainly more welcomed.

brave stride right now is complete garbage, why would i want a trait that only works once in a fight, no matter how long im fighting

it will be overpowered if the stability is sustained in shorter periods. they could like reduce the cooldown a lil bit tho, i have no complain.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

it will be overpowered if the stability is sustained in shorter periods. they could like reduce the cooldown a lil bit tho, i have no complain.

idc what they do with it, it wont be worse as it is right now tbh.
    but you said its good as it is right now, which compared to the other traits is wrong id say, i literally never pick that trait

• @RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

but you said its good as it is right now, which compared to the other traits is wrong id say, i literally never pick that trait

I don't use Rampage so, yeah. That's why i said Brave Stride is good.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

what has this to do with rampage? i rarely use rampage, but alone for bulls charge the physical trait is way better, also falldmg reduction in roaming can save lifes

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

what has this to do with rampage? i rarely use rampage, but alone for bulls charge the physical trait is way better, also falldmg reduction in roaming can save lifes

Rampage is a physical skill, which is commonly used by warriors in pvp.

Major Adept Peak Performance.png Peak Performance Physical skills have reduced recharge and increase all outgoing physical damage for a period of time. Receive less damage from falling, and launch nearby foes when you take fall damage.

lel.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• @alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Major Adept Peak Performance.png Peak Performance Physical skills have reduced recharge and increase all outgoing physical damage for a period of time. Receive less damage from falling, and launch nearby foes when you take fall damage.

lel.

As RedShark said even for just bulls charge, and the falling damage reduction alone it's better than brave stride.

#nornmodeisbestmode

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

As RedShark said even for just bulls charge, and the falling damage reduction alone it's better than brave stride.

you only Stride in PvP.

and why worry about falling when you have gliders.

lel.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• cryorion.9532cryorion.9532 Member ✭✭✭

@alcopaul.2156 said:
    lel.

There are 2 greatest feelings as warrior in gw2 wvw:
    1. one shotting people with 17k+ killshots
    2. killing people in wvw by launching them off cliffs with Death from Above

• @alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

you only Stride in PvP.

lel.

You can do more with the fall damage trait than just reduce fall damage. Also sometimes you can't glide. :wink: Also why would you want a trait that only gives you stability once especially if the fight drags on?

#nornmodeisbestmode

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

you only Stride in PvP.

lel.

You can do more with the fall damage trait than just reduce fall damage. Also sometimes you can't glide. :wink: Also why would you want a trait that only gives you stability once especially if the fight drags on?

coz pvp. sPvP.

there can be a lot of pewpew happening within that 8 second of stab.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• @alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

you only Stride in PvP.

lel.

coz pvp. sPvP.

It's 1 stack of stability, at the beginning of a fight and you won't get it again until the next fight. Would you want other traits to only work once a fight, right at the beginning?

#nornmodeisbestmode

• @cryorion.9532 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:
    lel.

There are 2 greatest feelings as warrior in gw2 wvw:
    1. one shotting people with 17k+ killshots
    2. killing people in wvw by launching them off cliffs with Death from Above

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

you only Stride in PvP.

lel.

coz pvp. sPvP.

It's 1 stack of stability, at the beginning of a fight and you won't get it again until the next fight. Would you want other traits to only work once a fight, right at the beginning?

im speaking on context of spvp, wherein a single skirmish don't last for like 20 minutes.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

you only Stride in PvP.

lel.

coz pvp. sPvP.

im speaking on context of spvp, wherein a single skirmish don't last for like 20 minutes.

yeah but a fight with a warrior is over after 8 sec?? either you are the most skilled warrior in existance or you are dieing/have to run away so fast that 1 stack stab once in a fight is all you need... would you please share your pvp build with us? Generally even 5 stacks might on heal is better than that 1 stack stab that you only get one time.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

lel.

you only Stride in PvP.

lel.

i see, you dont rly play wvw...why would i be roaming only in my own territory, thats boring as hell

and no idea why you copy pasted the effect of peak performance; from my post you should have gathered that i know its effect
    and like i said, there are other physical skills than just rampage.

and even in spvp 1stack of stab isnt worth it. especially in combination with auto balanced stance, since it activates even with brave stride active.

edited September 14, 2018

@RedShark.9548 said:

and even in spvp 1stack of stab isnt worth it. especially in combination with auto balanced stance, since it activates even with brave stride active.

how come? coz you don't get cced when stab is on with Brave Stride, so the auto balanced stance won't activate. and when Brave Stance stab wears out, auto balanced stance will activate.

so 8 seconds + auto stab from balanced stance of pure pewpew.

and yeh plus the clickable balanced stance, i forgot.

lel.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• @alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

how come? coz you don't get cced when stab is on with Brave Stride, so the auto balanced stance won't activate. and when Brave Stance stab wears out, auto balanced stance will activate.

lel.

If I remember correctly isn't it still bugged and does activate auto Balanced Stance even when you have stability.

#nornmodeisbestmode

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

lel.

If I remember correctly isn't it still bugged and does activate auto Balanced Stance even when you have stability.

you can't be cced when you have stab. who you foolin?

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• @alcopaul.2156 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

lel.

you can't be cced when you have stab. who you foolin?

Just because that's how it's labeled doesn't mean that's the way it operates. Also I'm not sure if it's still bugged, but it was at one point.

#nornmodeisbestmode

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

lel.

lol someone does not play warrior at all xD. Lesser balanced stance activates ALWAYS when you get cc'ed. It does not matter if you have stab active. One thief headshot is all it takes to activate it even if you have 10 stacks stab.

all i can say is lel. how can you get cced when you have stab on? must be some hocus pocus sh1tty garbage-y stuff.

Stability
    Disambig icon.png This article is about the boon. For other uses, see Stability (disambiguation).
    Stability.png
    Stability

Effect typeBoonStacking Intensity Game link[&BmIEAAA=]

Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

@alcopaul.2156 said:
    all i can say is lel. how can you get cced when you have stab on? must be some hocus pocus sh1tty garbage-y stuff.

Stability
    Disambig icon.png This article is about the boon. For other uses, see Stability (disambiguation).
    Stability.png
    Stability

Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

you are not getting cc'ed when you have stab. but when a skill hits you that would normally cc you in any way the auto balanced stance still procs. Thus brave stride and the grandmaster balanced stance don't synergize with each other at all.

• @Ferus.3165 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Stability
    Stability.png
    Stability

you are not getting cc'ed when you have stab. but when a skill hits you that would normally cc you in any way the auto balanced stance still procs. Thus brave stride and the grandmaster balanced stance don't synergize with each other at all.

k. i will refer you to a.net costumer support to address your supposed problem.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

edited September 15, 2018

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@Ferus.3165 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Stability
    Stability.png
    Stability

it's not my supposed problem lol, and if you had ever played warrior you would know how lesser balanced stance works. Every other user on this forum that played warrior for a bit can tell you that. But it is actually funny that you come to the forums claiming various things are fine and even considered good, like brave stride, when in reality you never even played with those things and have actually no idea.

Just try it out urself for once if you don't believe me. Take a war and use the balanced stance grandmaster and some active stab like dolyak signet. Get into pvp with a friend and activate the doly signet. Then your friend uses a cc ability on you and you will see that the passive balanced stance still activates even though you have stab active.

• @Ferus.3165 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@Ferus.3165 said:

@alcopaul.2156 said:

Stability
    Stability.png
    Stability

it's not my supposed problem lol, and if you had ever played warrior you would know how lesser balanced stance works. Every other user on this forum that played warrior for a bit can tell you that. But it is actually funny that you come to the forums claiming various things are fine and even considered good, like brave stride, when in reality you never even played with those things and have actually no idea.

Just try it out urself for once if you don't believe me. Take a war and use the balanced stance grandmaster and some active stab like dolyak signet. Get into pvp with a friend and activate the doly signet. Then your friend uses a cc ability on you and you will see that the passive balanced stance still activates even though you have stab active.

k, bruv. lel.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• why not just make a video? Pop balanced stance then walk to the spinning knockback golem in pvp lobby to see if lesser balanced stance procs?

• @TheBravery.9615 said:
    why not just make a video? Pop balanced stance then walk to the spinning knockback golem in pvp lobby to see if lesser balanced stance procs?

he was claiming it so he should make the video.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

• It looks like @Ferus.3165 is correct on this one. Last stand will proc and go into full cooldown even if you already have stability from other sources. I'll add this to my bucket list actually.. Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet after all these years.

• nicknamenick.2437nicknamenick.2437 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2018

Its mentioned maaaaany times (even years ago and by me also many times in bugs) that last stand procs even if you have stability on you.. (so nomather if you get stunned or not.. cc skills triggers last stand always even with stability on you already)

Cant believe ppl still dont know still because its like that forever

• 10characters

@TheBravery.9615 said:
    It looks like @Ferus.3165 is correct on this one. Last stand will proc and go into full cooldown even if you already have stability from other sources. I'll add this to my bucket list actually.. Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet after all these years.

haha did you rly think that 3 warriors telling you that it worked that way where wrong?
    auto balanced stance will always trigger, even when you have stab from other sources, like guard, as soon as you get a cc, having stab or not will trigger lesser balanced stance, its like that for ages.

and alcopaul didnt even know that, imo makes every opinion of him on warrior invalid

edited September 16, 2018

@RedShark.9548 said:
    and alcopaul didnt even know that, imo makes every opinion of him on warrior invalid

k. lel.

if i tell you that Last Stand is not bugged as it is now, would you explain why it works that way? i'll give you 10 gold if you tell me the answer that i wanna hear.

gogogogoogg.

but Skill balancers could mod it so it would not trigger with stab on.

Either way, both (current and suggested) are still correct.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.