Mythwright Gambit Raid

Grogba.6204

...Expect the new Jahai Bluffs map (“a treacherous landscape branded by Kralkatorrik”), the new Mythwright Gambit raid (“in which players will enter the Mystic Forge and come face to face with the djinn Zommoro[sic]”), new upgradeable armor, the legendary scepter Xiuquatl, and Sun’s Refuge,...

source: https://massivelyop.com/2018/09/12/guild-wars-2s-next-living-world-episode-a-star-to-guide-us-launches-september-18-heres-the-trailer/

So we have a name for the next wing and unlike various claims it's apparently not about Desmina and the aftermath of the Halls of Chains.

With that out of the way, the term "Mythwright Gambit raid" has a weird ring to it. Maybe it is just massivelyop way of writing the name but to me it reads like a combination of a raid encounter and the gambit system from Queen's Jubilee. As we are also entering the Mystic Forge to face Zomorro(s) I am not sure what to think of it.

@Randulf.7614 said:An odd choice for a raid subject at this point. Thought they might try and tie in with PoF/LS4 themes

There are well discussed reasons why they cannot do this.

Raids have to be a stand alone game element with minimal, almost non-existent story or else they risk becoming semi-mandatory for story-focused players - a group they have specifically stated are not a target audience for the GW2 version of raids.

They basically have to be treated as a separate game within the game.

Fighting Zomorros means (choose one):

• There's a 20% chance that any encounter might be upscaled to Challenge Mode
  • If there are four (or more) members in a subsquad, there's an 80% chance they'll be capped at the damage of one randomly chosen player.
  • Two of the squad's members will have the weapons appear as legendary.
  • It will cost 20 mystic coins to enter the instance (per squad, not per person).

More seriously, my Wild Asuran Guess is that it will be like fractals in that it tells an older story: this is how Miyani came to be Zommy's keeper.

@yann.1946 said:

@yann.1946 said:I wonder why they didn't mention coalescence.

Most likely because it will be at the very end of the season, similar to Aurora

That would be pretty disappointing but I guess it makes sense.

You better finish your Golem backpiece collection because if The Wayfarer's Henge has taught me anything it is that it might also be a requirement at the end to get the legendary

@Blocki.4931 said:

You better finish your Golem backpiece collection because if The Wayfarer's Henge has taught me anything it is that it might also be a requirement at the end to get the legendary

You're under the impression I haven't already :p

@yann.1946 said:

Very good! I seriously hope the Banner won't be part of it as well... because I haven't started that one yet haha

@Blocki.4931 said:

Very good! I seriously hope the Banner won't be part of it as well... because I haven't started that one yet haha

Please don't remind me of that one