Episode 4: A Star to Guide Us

Randulf.7614

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Genesis.8572" said:We have destabilized an entire "Middle Eastern" region, but let's march on the dragon!

We can do without a politic focused LS release. The fallout of Joko can still be handled on the side, easily.

Mmmn. Particularly since, unlike the situation when we first entered the Domain of Vabbi, we had multiple parts of Elona that were already in some level of revolt, and potential power groups have developed that could fill in the gaps. We have a new Spearmarshal for the first time since Tahlkora, and it's noteworthy that the last Primeval Kings (or, rather, Queens) are not limited to sitting around in their tomb. Elonians have lived under a necrocracy for generations, they might not object to ghost rulers.

Personally, I'm interested in the Aurene stuff. She seems to have developed genuine prophecy now (rather than just seeing things as they are now), and the possibility of Aurene replacing Kralkatorrik, while something that's been on the cards for a while, is interesting now that it looks like something that the characters are actually going for now.

@"Genesis.8572" said:We have destabilized an entire "Middle Eastern" region, but let's march on the dragon!

And how much time did we spending cleaning up Orr? the Silverwastes? Dry Top? the Maguuma Jungle? Divinity's Reach? For each story, we've gone in, prevented or diverted the deadliest and/or most urgent threat, and then moved on. That's why the Player Character isn't the Pact Commander nor has any sort of formal role running any organization, except (vaguely), Fate's Razor Dragon's Watch

Most of this was stuff we were expecting, but a couple curious notes:

*They've given Aurene the griffon stretch animation. That's going to excite the folks hoping for a dragon mount.

*Zommoros as a raid boss, according to the article. That's an... interesting choice.

*It's hard to tell with all the colours washed out, but I think both the charr in Aurene's vision are Flame Legion models. Didn't recognize the human they were fighting, though.

Do you really think they could have handled such an event tactfully while also making it interesting? We'd probably take a look at what the commander did while trying to make us feel guilty all to end up with a Taimi-ex-machina. That said, they might do that with Kralk too, so... :/

Yeah Joko's dead but awakened forces are still there, and now branded so it double the issues I think. We already killed Zhaitan and Mordremoth the magic stability is surely at her worst point and we are planning to defeat kralky? yeah.. Maybe we can find a way to convert him... In Episode 2 they introduced various abilities from the dragon, hive mind for communications and the ability to brought back to live dead. Will see, the trailer is great but dunno what to think about it especially the refuge.

@Edelweiss.4261 said:Do you really think they could have handled such an event tactfully while also making it interesting?

They, or the PC? I don't think there's any chance they could have the PC fix such a massive and complicated problem in an episode, nor is it really their thing, but it could have made for some decent environmental storytelling if the hearts and OW events focused on that sort of fallout.

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah Joko's dead but awakened forces are still there, and now branded so it double the issues I think. We already killed Zhaitan and Mordremoth the magic stability is surely at her worst point and we are planning to defeat kralky? yeah.. Maybe we can find a way to convert him... In Episode 2 they introduced various abilities from the dragon, hive mind for communications and the ability to brought back to live dead. Will see, the trailer is great but dunno what to think about it especially the refuge.

They literally talk about how Aurene can not only kill but REPLACE Kralk

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:Aww as expected....scepter. :(Supposedly on Episode 5, I'll finally have my long awaited longbow. <.<

Or episode 6 since we still have Greatsword to come

I think (and hope) that longbow will be released on Ep 5, while GS on Ep 6, but I could be wrong ofc.

Or even better, they could do like in LWS3's last episode, in which they released 2 leggys in the same episode, that would mean that Ep5 would be the last one of S4 but that's just my speculation.

Even though I'm ok with not dwelling on post-Joko world for too long and am ok with returning to dragons storyline, I think that this is way to soon.

At this point it almost feels like certain stories are just a waste of company resources and my time as a player. Like what was the point of these previous three episodes if the game is gonna pretend like they hadn't happen?

@Blocki.4931 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah Joko's dead but awakened forces are still there, and now branded so it double the issues I think. We already killed Zhaitan and Mordremoth the magic stability is surely at her worst point and we are planning to defeat kralky? yeah.. Maybe we can find a way to convert him... In Episode 2 they introduced various abilities from the dragon, hive mind for communications and the ability to brought back to live dead. Will see, the trailer is great but dunno what to think about it especially the refuge.

And still no one has an idea on how to do it. Just killing Kralk and letting Aurene gobble up all magic isn't gonna work.

@kasoki.5180 said:Even though I'm ok with not dwelling on post-Joko world for too long and am ok with returning to dragons storyline, I think that this is way to soon.

At this point it almost feels like certain stories are just a waste of company resources and my time as a player. Like what was the point of these previous three episodes if the game is gonna pretend like they hadn't happen?

I think it will be more about working towards going after him, setting up a base in his territory etc, kind of like living world season 2. I doubt we'll actually kill him next episode. Or even directly confront him, just deal with some fallout of his branding.

@Walhalla.5473 said:

And still no one has an idea on how to do it. Just killing Kralk and letting Aurene gobble up all magic isn't gonna work.

It's not? Obviously she is still too small to eat all of it, but she can consume a huge chunk of it no doubt. She will grow until that time comes due to eating more magic in the following chapters. Honestly, I'd expect Kralk to move once more and having to deal with him throughout Season 5, but what do I know. It would give her enough time to grow, while in the meantime we chase him and help whatever region he terrorizes next.

Again. There is a lot of emphasis on Aurene being the key not to HOARDING magic, but releasing it back into the world in a way that doesn't destroy everything. See her as some form of filter or catalyst directing it in a harmonious way. It doesn't necessarily mean she needs to be able to contain all that magic herself, just cycling it through herself bit by bit.

Archived