Black screen of death?

Recently occurred~Happily playing and all of a sudden - blank screen~No crash notice, no nothing, just blank screen~Definitely DC as it happens during raid and team mate mentioned that I got DC-ed

Thought it was arcdps acting up so removed it but still same thing happening.Thought that it was internet issue but, wife is playing beside me and sometimes she would get the 'black screen of death' as well while I can continue playing.Did the following things and problem still occured;

• Updated GFX (Nvidia geforce GTX1070 to latest drivers update)
  • Updated Windows 10 to latest till there's no longer any other available update

Issue only seem to happen to GW2 only as my other games aren't acting like this and it only happened recently (like last 2-3 days)Any other suggestions I can try perhaps?

@"Stalvros.9217" said:Get a normal screen if I tab out the game

Press F12 on the black screen. If it brings up the logout menu, this type of black screen is actually the connection error / disconnected screen without a message and is caused by packet loss. You can try changing the port to 80 or 443 (-clientport 80) in hopes of your traffic being treated differently, but will likely have better results using a VPN.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has there been any update with regards to this? I'm experiencing more black screens every now and then.I've been googling left and right and come up with these results;

The closest thing I found to a solution are these;https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a3rfv/random_black_screen_issue_fixed_finally/

And I've tried all of these solutions including port forwarding 80, 443and even firewall bypass exception! The black screen is still happening!

and the frustrating part is that...... this ONLY happens when I'm playing Guild Wars 2I play ESO, MHW, The Division, Stacraft II, NONE of this 'black screen' happens~I was raiding and it dc-ed when the boss was at 2% health!This really makes me lost the will to play the game altogether!

Archived