How to make Condi damage floater larger?

cesmode.4257

Hi,So Im curious if this is even possible...to make the DoTs/Condi damage floating # that displays when condi damage ticks (burning, etc) larger and easier to see?

The reason is that condi builds have a harder time seeing their damage tick off when huge direct damage numbers shoot out. In the middle of zergs and large world boss fights, even 5 man fractals or something, with all of the effects going off and your direct damage numbers popping up, its sometimes hard to see how much your burns are ticking for.

Is there a way to make this larger, and if not is this something that has been requested in the past?

(And not really into installing Arc DPS. I left DPS meters behind in wow, but I do want to see what my burns tick for).

@starlinvf.1358 said:Simple floaters or Non-simple?

I don't know know...but the condi damage, example burn damage, is a smaller font than your direct hits. Would like an option to turn that up so I can see my burn tickets. Condi builds rely on burns, bleeds, etc for damage, and almost care less about direct hits. Would like to see more clearly whats relevant for me.

• 2 years later...

I totally agree with Rhyse.8179. Just make all damage floaters fully customizable. In particular, while I think it'd be nice to customize the size, I personally have a problem with how fast the numbers disappear. In many games it's possible to move where the floaters appear, how long they stay there, and their size. One of the VERY few things I dislike about GW2 is the lack of an add-on API that allows fullscreen add-ons. Add-ons, for instance, are one reason I kept playing WoW for years after most of my friends quit. Because you can at least make it "your" game (interface) instead of being stuck with one that may or may not be adequate for your playing style and preferences.

That said, I love GW2. Just had to vent, and agree. xP

Also: with a tall enemy that I am melee'ing, such as the leyline anomaly, I can't even see my damage because it's floating somewhere off my screen. Usually this is because the game has done another of its auto-zoom-in tricks. Oftentimes I can zoom out and see.

But why make it so that the damage you're doing is so hard to see?

@"Hesione.9412" said:Also: with a tall enemy that I am melee'ing, such as the leyline anomaly, I can't even see my damage because it's floating somewhere off my screen. Usually this is because the game has done another of its auto-zoom-in tricks. Oftentimes I can zoom out and see.

But why make it so that the damage you're doing is so hard to see?

You can control auto-zoom to some degree with larger Field of Vision (FoV) in settings. When camera get closer to give a cinematic impression, then you have more space and will not get as close as when in the closer FoV. Also don't get into first person view while you are fighting larger bosses like Ley-Line Anomaly even when you play melee character.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Camera