Asking for a Druid build

virgileboss.2458

Hi everyone, I started to play ranger a few weeks ago in order to play it as support/heal druid.I'm here because I am now looking for a good build for me since i don't play it for long. I already saw the build on SC and metabattle but each time they say that ur main goal as support druid is to stay alive/help mates and at last deal damage.

So i was wondering why they chose the build with harrier stats that gives power over some other stats like toughness, vitality etc. that would help me survive. Since i mostly play in T4/CM and also want to start leanring how to raid I wanted to ask you what you think about this build i made (I wont do any damage but well ... what is 2 or 3K dps worth anyway ?).

Here's the build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBHhZ6keVomVsVFwTFgoFsYIYOtuYXPAerGWLrMBg1VDA-jBiXABh+EA9B6eKA4TZQsq9AtSwgV65mqAAs/ApA8bmF-e

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you !

1) SC min maxes for damage for good players in raids.2) Toughness messes with aggro for raids. Although I've minstrel tanked some raid bosses on druid, most groups use a chrono tank. Your build has so much toughness you will pull aggro all the time.3) They prefer 100% boon duration all the time instead of messing with sigil of concentration. Otherwise, they would go harrier/zealot hybrid + sigil of concentration.

The biggest problem for your build is #2. Even in fractals, toughness does affect aggro although it's not as strict as raid aggro. If you are trying to learn to raid, you will get kicked from a lot of groups with that build. Everything else is personal preference. I go harrier/magi + sigil of concentration. I prefer being able to tank a hit or 2 while channeling CA4 to heal others or while ressing if something has gone wrong so vitality helps without messing with aggro. It's not enough to face tank everything and you still need to position yourself and time dodges. Bring stone spirit for protection to reduce damage on your entire team instead of just you. 33% reduction from protection is almost equivalent to the 1100 extra toughness you have in your build.

For CM's i usually run Harrier armor/weps + Minstrel trinkets, always pug parties otherwise it'd be fine with Harrier trinkets or even Berserker. High-pressure Fractals as well i usually keep Minstrel trinkets (Twilight Oasis, Mai Trin). For raids you'll want Harrier trinkets so you can have less toughness, Magi could work as well.

Can also play around replacing 'Instinctive Reaction' to 'Bountiful Hunter', 'Cultivated Synergy' to 'Primal Echoes' and 'Quick Draw' to 'Vicious Quarry' depending on the situation. I also prefer being close to 100% boon duration instead of using Sigil of Concentration.

Archived