Please reuse older ls maps!

Ferus.3165

It a darn shame that all living story maps are basically throw away content (explore map once and never come back).Wouldn't it be possible to go back to those places in the new story chapters? Maybe you could even release those chapters at a faster pace if you would not have to create a whole map for every chapter. I mean reuse the same way that PoF maps are reused with story instances. Story is not for longevity of the maps but at least it's something.

I know about the problem with monetisation and that there are players who do not own all ls maps, but could't you just instance the story content and let players even without the required ls map on said map? Basically give those players a preview of that map with story instances and if they leave that instance they will be back to where they started.

It's really sad that places like "Palawadan, Jewel of Istan" or "Titan's Throat" etc. have had one story instance or one event tied to them and then they are forgotten.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:But I want new maps.

Reusing older maps would not mean ditching new maps.

Ok...

Maybe you could even release those chapters at a faster pace if you would not have to create a whole map for every chapter.

I’m enjoying the new maps with every episode and do not want that to change. If I want to play older content then I can just hop over to those maps.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:But I want new maps.

Reusing older maps would not mean ditching new maps.

They can't do that without changing their business model for LS episodes, since not everyone has those maps unlocked

I think this^^ is most likely the biggest problem here. Each chapter is not just tied to a story but also to a map, a currency, achievements and all that. If you log in to get the episode unlocked it's not a big deal since you're playing anyway, but for players who buy the episodes it makes a difference if they're buying the full package or just an update to something they already bought for the same price.

I would like to see some re-use of the older maps but older maps (in my experience) already see a lot of re-use (think re-growing Caladbolg, the Ornate Key-Sunken Treasure acheivement, etc.). There are current events and holidays that make great use of older maps. Legacy world bosses (except for Sea Witch) also seem to be on regular far.

Did you have any specific ideas in mind that I missed?

Archived