Chair Bug??

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If not: Chairs can only be used in locations where using mounts is allowed.

And for those who don't see why that would be: Chairs are mounts. They can't move and don't have any special abilities, but in game-mechanical terms, they are mounts.

EDIT: And no, you can't use mounts in the Mistlock Sanctuary.

The article on wiki for the Emblazoned Throne says “cannot be used in WvW”.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emblazoned_Dragon_Throne

The one for the Bench of the Final Judge says ”cannot be used in raids or WvW”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bench_of_the_Final_Judge

Neither item references not being able to be used in Fractals or that chairs mechanically function like mounts.

EDIT:

I saw the article on wiki under the main heading chair where it references them as mounts. They should have been more specific in the tool tip if it’s that restrictive.

• 1 year later...

@"Exalted Quality.8534" said:. . .EDIT:

I saw the article on wiki under the main heading chair where it references them as mounts. They should have been more specific in the tool tip if it’s that restrictive.

Yes, it's kind of lame for them to be affected by no-Mount Zones, especially when considering that (with the exception of two) you either have to raid for these chairs, or spend a considerable amount of gems on them. I get that re-using existing systems was a smart thing to do, but I would really like them to add some exceptional clauses to check whether the "Mount" in question is truly meant to be one before it prevents mounting up. Not sure if it's still the case, but when they first introduced the watchwork portal device, it's ability was clearly based on the already existing mechanic (the Mesmer Portal), too. When you put down a portal with either the utility or the device, both would go into portal-end-mode, and upon putting down said end, both would go on CD simultaneously :/ Even the Prototype Position Rewinder has some strange interactions with teleports and shadowsteps (removing its backport), but that might have been intentional.

On a sidenote, the Victory Rock is apparently not re-using mount-mechanics, so you can still use it in no-mount zones. Either that, or someone actually added an exception for it, but forgot to do the same for the other chairs.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:…They can't move and don't have any special abilities …It's not apparent from the preview, but the inquest chair is the (single) exception to that right now