[pvp] weaver attuning is fail

Stand The Wall.6987

when I switch to an attunement, its because the moment calls for it. either I need damage, defense, or mobility... but I need those skills NOW. not another 4 seconds from now when I can attune to the same element twice (lose that 3rd skill) or switch to another attunement. I was enamored with the whole thing at first... but now its just such an impediment to game play. I would rather play core or tempest. anyone else feel the same way that isn't still clinging by their fingernails to the forlorn hope that is sword weaver?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:when I switch to an attunement, its because the moment calls for it. either I need damage, defense, or mobility... but I need those skills NOW. not another 4 seconds from now when I can attune to the same element twice (lose that 3rd skill) or switch to another attunement. I was enamored with the whole thing at first... but now its just such an impediment to game play. I would rather play core or tempest. anyone else feel the same way that isn't still clinging by their fingernails to the forlorn hope that is sword weaver?

Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why all weaver's should have an f5 to unravel when needed. Dual skills gives you great DPS, but that's all. Weaver didn't offer new abilities in addition to the old, they replaced the old with DPS skills that destroy your sustain.Especially when it comes to defense, I would love to switch to earth or water and unravel quickly. But I don't want to waste a utility slot just to get access those weapon skills.

I feel the exact same way and the latest patch pisses me off quite a bit with the 2s cd increase on earthen vortex for absolutely no reason (other than maybe listening to retards whining about them getting facerolled by some 1v4 perma-evade weaver who's obviously just better than their whole team and taking their dumb suggestions with the whole nerfing sustain while buffing damage thing). The way weaver works is you just have to play better than other classes by memorizing your cds and that 2s cd increase threw me off a bunch of times where I'll attune to earth expecting to get an evade but it's not up and i'm dead with a set of useless skills. Used to be able to play defensively when outnumbered by only rotating through water/air/earth. Now you have to go into fire (and likely get yourself killed that way too because fire offers nothing defensive).

Also happens quite a lot where you try to commit to some damage by double attuning then suddenly someone gank you and if you didn't have your dodge/defensive ultilies available you're dead because of attunement locking.

Chill also hard counters any weaver build that doesn't take Woven Stride + Cleansing Water exactly because of attunement locking. Whereas it's much less of an issue when you're core or tempest

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:when I switch to an attunement, its because the moment calls for it. either I need damage, defense, or mobility... but I need those skills NOW. not another 4 seconds from now when I can attune to the same element twice (lose that 3rd skill) or switch to another attunement. I was enamored with the whole thing at first... but now its just such an impediment to game play. I would rather play core or tempest. anyone else feel the same way that isn't still clinging by their fingernails to the forlorn hope that is sword weaver?

just git gud at weaver and you wont feel so trapped in the attunements... after having 3,5k+ matches played on weaver alone i dont even notice there is any attunement cooldown

@Gpe.3684 said:

just git gud at weaver and you wont feel so trapped in the attunements... after having 3,5k+ matches played on weaver alone i dont even notice there is any attunement cooldown

so whats your advice to ppl who don't have 3.5k+ matches on weaver? play more and git gud? what would be the point of dedicating all that time to a subpar class when someone can play holo or spellbreaker and have a better time, both with enjoying the game (ease of play) and overall effectiveness?

I main fa ele....with weaver, either every other swap is to earth just so u can have obsidian flesh or mangetic aura available when u need it or you die if your not good enough with weavers utilities. You either know ele like a fat kid loves twinkies or u just die on the class....ele is not forgiving and takes real knowledge of the class to play properly.

I wish they have this mentality for all the classes. But engi burst is super easy along with its defence rotations, as well as gaurd, thf, ranger, necro, mesmer, warrior all brain dead gameplay mechanics.Then you got ele that is at least 5x the work with 1/4 of the results.

Alittle info on how bad ele was/is..befor the march 27th balance warriors last stand trait was on a 40 second cd. Ele focus air 5 is a 40 second cd. So in a 1v1 sitchuation if a warrior was running that trait it can never NEVER be cc-ed. How messed up is that.

Double attuning is necessary for ele's. Most of the third weapon skills are mechanics that they rely on,Staff- Fire(Burst Damage) Water-(Heals) Air(knock-back) Earth(Magnetic Aura)Dagger(Evade & Burst Damage) Water (Chill) Air (Shocking Aura) Earth (Gap Closer)Scepter (Burst Damage) Water (Heal) Air (Blind) Earth (Blind)

For glass builds, ele's need every ability they can get their hands on. Most of those abilities are not damage, but mechanics for combat. As weaver, you waste so much time just accessing those skills. If I want a fire 3 ability, I first have to first attune to the element. Wait four seconds for CD, then double attune, which starts another 4 second CD. That's 8 seconds just to get one skill!No weaver is gonna waste 8 seconds of battle time. Even if I spec'ed into the bonuses of double attuning, 8 sec is still debatable . Also, it's useless to select unravel for a utility slot cause we need those slots for defense!
Unravel has to be an F5. It may not fix the class, but at least it's an easy solution to give us back the countless abilities mentioned above, which defined the class.

Double attuning doesn't match the whole point of weaving, so devs, don't encourage bonuses around that. Instead, the spec should give bonuses for constantly weaving. Example: you get 1% damage every time you weave to another attunement, with a maximum of 7%. Every time you unravel, you loose the 7% build-up and have to start over. Something like that will encourage weavers to stay woven, and only double-attune when absolutely necessary.

Some may think that having an F5 unravel will make ele's OP, cause they'll have access to too many skills. But that's the whole point of Ele. Ever since the game started, they had 3-4 times more skills than everyone else! The whole point is, our third weapon skills shouldn't be hidden by flashy duel-attacks.

Archived