What's this? New armor design without butt capes?

TheBravery.9615

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Carighan.6758 said:

@phs.6089 said:IIRC there was big noise about sexualization of armor in gw2. hence buttcups and modesty straps.

Yeah if only there was a way to design non-sexualized armor without buttcapes. kitten. Well technology isn't there yet.

attaching buttcapes and stripes to ready models was an easy solution i guess. If you check couple of old designed armor don't have those. From the top of my head Krytan(medium) for example

@Carighan.6758 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:They somehow flash me more than the legendary armor sets do... which is why I'll never even try to get them.

To be fair it's going to be kitten difficult to design a future armor set looking
worse
than the legendary ones. They're a case study in ugly armor design :pensive:

I laughed my ass off on the legendary armor when entering combat unveils a buttcape

I'm just wondering at what stage of development are these upgradeable armors shown in the screenshots above? I assume they are made in tiers, and I'm hoping this is not the final tier, since the medium helm looks like something you start the game with, and all of the armors look very basic/generic. If they upgrade 2-3 times and the completed result is what is show above I will be disappointed.

TLDR : I hope the screenshots are of the base model armor not the final tier.

@Vavume.8065 said:I'm just wondering at what stage of development are these upgradeable armors shown in the screenshots above? I assume they are made in tiers, and I'm hoping this is not the final tier, since the medium helm looks like something you start the game with, and all of the armors look very basic/generic. If they upgrade 2-3 times and the completed result is what is show above I will be disappointed.

I hope the final models don't become as overdesigned as most armor in this game. I know my hope is vain, but still...

I like them. :)

I'm not sure how many pieces I'll actually use as I like a lot of the existing armour too, but it's nice to have more choices and especially ones that don't look like the ones we've already got. Very happy about trousers for light armoured female characters especially, until now we've had precisely 1 option which doesn't also include some sort of skirt.

@"Vavume.8065" said:I'm just wondering at what stage of development are these upgradeable armors shown in the screenshots above? I assume they are made in tiers, and I'm hoping this is not the final tier, since the medium helm looks like something you start the game with, and all of the armors look very basic/generic. If they upgrade 2-3 times and the completed result is what is show above I will be disappointed.

I'm going to guess we won't be able to upgrade it this episode. So this should be the "T1" version.

Archived