Which Spec deserves a nerf in pvp and why? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which Spec deserves a nerf in pvp and why?

Crystal Paladin.3871Crystal Paladin.3871 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 15, 2018 in PVP

NOT including these:
Druid, Mesmers(Chrono and Mirage), Scrapper, Daredevil, Elementalist(weaver,tempest), scourge

lets see which spec is causing all the havoc... ;)

and if possible, please mention your mains so it'll be constructive for the visitors to pick and choose their targets more wisely... also help new players what class to go against and what not to until they get a hold of their current class...

please don't post that mesmers deserve a nerf.. coz there's a lot of post insisting just that...

Edit: if Mesmer is in poll option, result would not be useful for anyone... coz casting votes limited to one

Which Spec deserves a nerf in pvp and why? 199 votes

Soulbeast
10%
Razor.6392TakeCare.3182DonArkanio.6419rbbthole.9074Slapinator.4196Alehin.3746bigo.9037DanAlcedo.3281Zero.3871JayPanda.1304Mbelch.9028Jojo.6590dDuff.3860nortask.8351foxdie.8421Chungo.3169King Nutella.4570Phantom.6205Noha.3749Sylli.3891 20 votes
Holosmith
19%
saerni.2584st elmos fire.2987Stand The Wall.6987Lucentfir.7430Ajaxx.3157Turk.5460Germane Hawk.8931sephiroth.4217Exedore.6320Elmo Benchwarmer.3025Kumouta.4985Schnuschnu.9857Raiden The Beast.3016Lumpy Forehead.2193Vicariuz.1605PSX.9250Vieux P.1238Cyric.7813coro.3176Jukens.1693 39 votes
Spellbreaker
8%
Hot Boy.7138Amaranthe.3578asterix.9614DeadlySynz.3471Brokensunday.4098Stallic.2397Dajas.4715Matiole.6857ghaleon.2861Crystal Paladin.3871UfoCoffee.2084praqtos.9035Tact.8063Zappax.4685guigui.9420WolfSpear.8195 16 votes
Berserker
2%
Faux Play.6104TheBravery.9615ollbirtan.2915DumNoob.4316 4 votes
Firebrand
14%
SkipperCZ.6912Krispera.5087shippage.1983Chaith.8256Pterikdactyl.7630foste.3098Zorpi.5904Arcaedus.7290mrauls.6519Flumek.9043Silinsar.6298schloumou.3982Emapudapus.1307Nightmare.1234Toron.4856FtoPScrub.5476Dark Knight.6294GoodWithGravy.8019Ovark.2514LazySummer.2568 28 votes
Dragonhunter
0%
BlueCar.1587 1 vote
DeadEye
29%
Kam.4092Aktium.9506Sunshine.5014Malediktus.9250Ajax of Telamona.6974zHasgard.9827Daishi.6027Arheundel.6451Hyper Cutter.9376Reverielle.3972thehipone.6812Exalted Quality.8534VaaCrow.3076Ziggityzog.7389Burnfall.9573will de grijze jager.6594Poelala.2830Milan.9035Scarran.9845Sieghilde.7632 59 votes
Reaper
8%
MichalAniol.5807Bossun.2046Gpe.3684Ferus.3165FlOwMaKeRs.8623Xuazinegueri.3592Malafaia.8903felincyriac.5981athos.9034Nath Forge Tempete.1645DonkeyHaxor.4052DeadlyVenoms.1638Maielo.8095jportell.2197Kaiovas.1846NorthernRedStar.3054ZeroTheCat.2684 17 votes
Herald
3%
Axl.8924nicknamenick.2437Vherak.5276Morozzko.2136breno.5423incisorr.9502DragonFury.6243 7 votes
Renegade
4%
Buran.3796Silv.9207ArthurDent.9538Blackdagger.9670Master Ketsu.4569otto.5684Coolguy.8702Casca.8271 8 votes
<134

Comments

  • DeadEye

    Deadeye for obvious reasons, it's the single worse gameplay class in PvP by a fair stretch.
    If Anet care about their game in any way at all they'll amend it, once again for obvious reasons.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Herald

    herald cause of those attacks holy cow revenant holy cow with those condis.Revenants are more op than warriors with mobility and condi dmg.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018

    @spectrito.8513 said:

    I guess it's just the new meta
    The dumber the better

    That always was the meta, gw2 always was more of a casual game, the meta never was only the strongest, it always was the dumbest out of the strong builds, so every casual can feel like a pro and the pros can feel like pros without even being that insane good as individual players compared to other games with way bigger esport scene.

    Dunno why the list excludes so many braindead specs but in the end most stuff you find ingame needs a nerf in its dmg-passive sustain relation and braindeadly playable ability (like core guard too).

  • Malafaia.8903Malafaia.8903 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018
    Reaper

    @spectrito.8513 said:
    I guess it's just the new meta
    The dumber the better

    Yeah, i still stood to my point that Anet is mad with pvp community.
    That's the only explanation to nowadays meta.

    I was playing the piano on weaver but it's just a burden to my teammates on today's meta, so now i'm playing holosmith and as people here like to say i instantly "git gud", lol

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018
    Soulbeast

    Soulbeast is downright broken with permastab, permaprotection and lots of quickness.

    edit: also does obscene amounts of damage with any power weapon set.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • Renegade

    I saw a renegade in pvp a month or 2 ago maybe, it was horrifying.

  • ChartFish.1308ChartFish.1308 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018
    DeadEye

    @Razor.6392 said:
    Soulbeast is downright broken with permastab, permaprotection and lots of quickness.

    edit: also does obscene amounts of damage with any power weapon set.

    Okay yeah the obscene amount of boons makes the boonbeast super tanky, but it cant be that tanky and also have tons of damage. Either they're marauder and do lots of damage but kinda squishy or they're paladins and tanky but minor damage

    Also lies on permastab, permaprotection and lots of quickneness lmao. Lots of protection yes, but nowhere near perma-anything.

  • mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭
    Firebrand

    Someone really voted Dragonhunter LOL. Why is it even on the list??

  • Rufo.3716Rufo.3716 Member ✭✭✭
    DeadEye

    Perma stealth is just wrong in PvP. A DE doesn't even need to spec rifle to be disgusting. In fact, thief as a whole needs a major nerf. I don't see how they nerf thief at this point without having to do another whole rework.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018
    Holosmith

    theres two things holding up DE, whereas holo as a whole is way more of a threat as a pseudo bunker dps.
    fb is op when the other team has one and you don't.
    reaper and soulbeast dmg is insane but has counterplay.
    spellbreaker is still a warrior with obvious tells.
    herald spike stronk, cant sustain tho.

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Firebrand

    Why do you exclude those classes? Of the ones on your exclusion list, not all of them are OP and clearly deserving of a nerf, and neither are all of them fairly balanced at the moment.

    Of the ones you listed, I'd vote Firebrand. In the hands of a skilled player, it's pretty cancerous if you pair a FB with any blood magic necro. Also the entire elite spec is completely inaccessible to anything not support/healing power-based. I'd like HP scaling nerfed on certain skills, and base healing power buffed so you could get decent sustain if running an offensive build since FB doesn't have any other decent defensive utilities otherwise.

    I main guardian and play all sorts of builds but mostly DH.

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Holosmith

    Holo....

    I play all classes but Holo is just easy mode.... literally spam buttons and people die.... I have skill rotations on every class except Holo, with Holo I just jump into the fight and spam skills, people die and when things get tough my shrinky dink will save me.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SCREEN CLEANING SERVICE
    I miss PvP....

  • Soulbeast

    I wholeheartedly believe that Soulbeast is just as bad or worse than Deadeye.

    A soulbeast can do similar damage with their longbow, access to stealth (not as much of course), better rapid fire, less counter-play IMO (no obvious mark, no malice mechanic, less audible), pet, higher health, can do similar damage as Death's Judgement with Maul or Worldly Impact without stacking malice, vulnerability stacks, knockback, and AoE.

    In close combat I think Soulbeast edges it out as well.

  • Whatever class you want because you're right and they're wrong.

  • Firebrand

    @sephiroth.4217 said:
    Holo....

    I play all classes but Holo is just easy mode.... literally spam buttons and people die.... I have skill rotations on every class except Holo, with Holo I just jump into the fight and spam skills, people die and when things get tough my shrinky dink will save me.

    Maybe you should start to play your other classes without fixed rotations in pvp too and you will start to kill things. However on topic: What is this? The russian election? Why do people even vote in these fake polls?

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    Every single profession in the game.

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭
    Holosmith

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    Holosmith because I'm sick and tired of being reminded that all of the effort that I put into learning how to play engineer even before elite specializations were introduced thrown in the trash can.

    ^ pretty much this. Holo is a ton of easy to play power creep on top of the base class, and has made non-holo builds obsolete. It adds a full suite of must-dodge, must-block skills in Photon Forge at basically no cost.

    A good portion of the problem comes from Holographic Shockwave, which expands probably twice as far as it should (600 range, should be 300), goes through walls, climbs terrain, is too fast to outrun, and is generally just impossible to avoid without spending a dodge or block.

    It also sustains a bit too well for what is supposed to be a glass cannon. I don't have any good suggestions there .. maybe reduced protection access?

  • FtoPScrub.5476FtoPScrub.5476 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018
    Firebrand

    DH, Berserker, and Renegade are obviously the most overpowered and need to be nerfed into the ground. Can't have them winning versus meta specs, that would be preposterous.

    And yes, if a balance dev is reading this, I am being sarcastic....

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Holosmith

    @schloumou.3982 said:

    @sephiroth.4217 said:
    Holo....

    I play all classes but Holo is just easy mode.... literally spam buttons and people die.... I have skill rotations on every class except Holo, with Holo I just jump into the fight and spam skills, people die and when things get tough my shrinky dink will save me.

    Maybe you should start to play your other classes without fixed rotations in pvp too and you will start to kill things. However on topic: What is this? The russian election? Why do people even vote in these fake polls?

    I do when im drunk lmao

    My go to drunk classes are Holo and SpellB because I can roll my face across the keyboard for a kill... its good classes for that, very effective with out much thought process needed.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SCREEN CLEANING SERVICE
    I miss PvP....

  • Crystal Paladin.3871Crystal Paladin.3871 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018
    Spellbreaker

    So, looking at the polls clearly states one thing... Deadeye, firebrand and holosmith could pose a threat to New players... And new players should either avoid them or focus as a team and tag them and wipe them quickly.... To an experienced player this might not be relevant, coz he'll just mow down any spec that comes in his way... But for newbs, this might come in handy...

    Also, it'd have been super helpful if we get to know counter specs for the OP classes...

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭

    @coro.3176 said:

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    Holosmith because I'm sick and tired of being reminded that all of the effort that I put into learning how to play engineer even before elite specializations were introduced thrown in the trash can.

    ^ pretty much this. Holo is a ton of easy to play power creep on top of the base class, and has made non-holo builds obsolete. It adds a full suite of must-dodge, must-block skills in Photon Forge at basically no cost.

    A good portion of the problem comes from Holographic Shockwave, which expands probably twice as far as it should (600 range, should be 300), goes through walls, climbs terrain, is too fast to outrun, and is generally just impossible to avoid without spending a dodge or block.

    It also sustains a bit too well for what is supposed to be a glass cannon. I don't have any good suggestions there .. maybe reduced protection access?

    Engi skills, in particular holoskills need higher cds and maybe even access to holomode bit less often. Just like retargeting skills for mesmer need like double if not more the cds they have now (axe3, illusionary ambush). One reason all these meta builds are so braindead playable atm is that super strong skills have way to low cds, so even when just randomspamming and wasting cds you still get rewarded and that most builds have way to high dmg for the sustain they have. So ppl even can facetank their bad gameplay during random skill spamming.

  • Berserker

    pls help me guys berserkers keep owning me with their berserkings

  • Holosmith

    @bravan.3876 said:

    @coro.3176 said:

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    Holosmith because I'm sick and tired of being reminded that all of the effort that I put into learning how to play engineer even before elite specializations were introduced thrown in the trash can.

    ^ pretty much this. Holo is a ton of easy to play power creep on top of the base class, and has made non-holo builds obsolete. It adds a full suite of must-dodge, must-block skills in Photon Forge at basically no cost.

    A good portion of the problem comes from Holographic Shockwave, which expands probably twice as far as it should (600 range, should be 300), goes through walls, climbs terrain, is too fast to outrun, and is generally just impossible to avoid without spending a dodge or block.

    It also sustains a bit too well for what is supposed to be a glass cannon. I don't have any good suggestions there .. maybe reduced protection access?

    Engi skills, in particular holoskills need higher cds and maybe even access to holomode bit less often. Just like retargeting skills for mesmer need like double if not more the cds they have now (axe3, illusionary ambush). One reason all these meta builds are so braindead playable atm is that super strong skills have way to low cds, so even when just randomspamming and wasting cds you still get rewarded and that most builds have way to high dmg for the sustain they have. So ppl even can facetank their bad gameplay during random skill spamming.

    Photon Forge skills should get some CD increases or even more heat gain. Another possible solution would be to increase the wait time for heat to dissipate when out of Photon Forge from 4s to 8s, so holo has to really carefully consider their skill usage and manage their heat.

  • Firebrand

    I voted Firebrand because although it may not seem like the worst, the Firebrand that is experienced in sPvP is with a Mender's amulet, meaning literally half of stats that could be geared towards support and survivability are replaced and wasted with offensive stats. It is still able to perform well, and with Minstrel's it is, to me, the most powercreeped spec in the game. They removed Magi's instead of addressing the bigger issue.

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Holosmith

    @coro.3176 said:

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    Holosmith because I'm sick and tired of being reminded that all of the effort that I put into learning how to play engineer even before elite specializations were introduced thrown in the trash can.

    ^ pretty much this. Holo is a ton of easy to play power creep on top of the base class, and has made non-holo builds obsolete. It adds a full suite of must-dodge, must-block skills in Photon Forge at basically no cost.

    A good portion of the problem comes from Holographic Shockwave, which expands probably twice as far as it should (600 range, should be 300), goes through walls, climbs terrain, is too fast to outrun, and is generally just impossible to avoid without spending a dodge or block.

    It also sustains a bit too well for what is supposed to be a glass cannon. I don't have any good suggestions there .. maybe reduced protection access?

    I wouldn't have hated the Holosmith as much as I currently do if ArenaNet designed the specialization to be an easier to play, but not as effective as core engineer and Scrapper. If ArenaNet's goal was to make more players play engineer (before the Holosmith so few people played engineer and the people who played the profession ranged from really awful to really good) by making a specialization that is easy to play, but not as effective, then I'd be fine with it. Sadly, they made it so braindead easy to play, is far more effective and has far too much sustain for what it seems to be a glass cannon specialization. It's like power shatter mesmer, only it lasts longer, has more CC and CC immunity and is more forgiving compared to shatter mesmer.

  • FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018

    Where the f is mirage?!

    Edit: Ok I understand why you did this. BUT don't you think that this is at least a bit misleading? Picking an OP espec from only a portion of them and not all of them? Mirage is so broken, that all other specs just don't even stand near it. And if is got balanced, then the picture would shift entirely. But the mirage balancing has to be done first. Until then, it's impossible to tell which other espec deserves a nerf.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Herald

    That and reaper shouldn't be nerfed.I'm not even sure thief should be nerfed since PP got nerfed and other stuff.

    If anything:I want to see holosmith nerfs maybe revenant nerfs for whatever it is that is condi with sword and mesmers.

    Mesmers should never have that mobility and condi combined, because thats just nuts.Mesmers should have less dmg than thief because they have as much or more mobility, more sustain and more dmg.

    The rest of the classes:I dunno before nerfing anything we need to make sure we don't create huge power creeps by nerfing things too hard, because thats what they did to necros and created a mess.

    Also:Where are the tempest buffs Anet?

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • WHERE IS MIRAGE!!!! I will keep posting asking this question on this BS MISLEADING POLL.

  • Reaper

    I Just think that this passive spinal shiver auto proc needs to go.

    It's so random and one hit is enough as long as you're low hp.

    I main revenant-elementalist.

  • Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

    HAHAHAHAHAHA no mirage on the list? are you joking or what

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Herald

    @Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:
    I Just think that this passive spinal shiver auto proc needs to go.

    It's so random and one hit is enough as long as you're low hp.

    I main revenant-elementalist.

    No it shouldn't, instead:people should learn to play and kite reapers because if not:we can't actually catch people.The baddies need to learn not to facetank and learn to range us when they see reaper.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.