Which Spec deserves a nerf in pvp and why?

Crystal Paladin.3871

NOT including these:Druid, Mesmers(Chrono and Mirage), Scrapper, Daredevil, Elementalist(weaver,tempest), scourge

lets see which spec is causing all the havoc... ;)

and if possible, please mention your mains so it'll be constructive for the visitors to pick and choose their targets more wisely... also help new players what class to go against and what not to until they get a hold of their current class...

please don't post that mesmers deserve a nerf.. coz there's a lot of post insisting just that...

Edit: if Mesmer is in poll option, result would not be useful for anyone... coz casting votes limited to one

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holosmith, Boonbeast and rampage. Rev sword offhand to a lesser extent. I play core guard.Permanent stealth deadeye needs to go, not because it's op but because it's horrible to play against.Edit: no idea why you would include berserker and renegade but leave mirage of the list.

Holosmith because I'm sick and tired of being reminded that all of the effort that I put into learning how to play engineer even before elite specializations were introduced thrown in the trash can.

Soulbeast because of the absurd amount of boons, also because of the copy pasted Unrelenting Assault (revenant sword 3). Stop copy pasting abilities, ArenaNet.

Deadeye because of the permanent stealth. Why is it that d/p daredevils need to work twice as hard and waste a lot of initiative to get the longer stealth whereas Deadeye presses two to three buttons and voila, near permanent stealth.

@spectrito.8513 said:

I guess it's just the new metaThe dumber the better

That always was the meta, gw2 always was more of a casual game, the meta never was only the strongest, it always was the dumbest out of the strong builds, so every casual can feel like a pro and the pros can feel like pros without even being that insane good as individual players compared to other games with way bigger esport scene.

Dunno why the list excludes so many braindead specs but in the end most stuff you find ingame needs a nerf in its dmg-passive sustain relation and braindeadly playable ability (like core guard too).

@"spectrito.8513" said:I guess it's just the new metaThe dumber the better

Yeah, i still stood to my point that Anet is mad with pvp community.That's the only explanation to nowadays meta.

I was playing the piano on weaver but it's just a burden to my teammates on today's meta, so now i'm playing holosmith and as people here like to say i instantly "git gud", lol

@Razor.6392 said:Soulbeast is downright broken with permastab, permaprotection and lots of quickness.

edit: also does obscene amounts of damage with any power weapon set.

Okay yeah the obscene amount of boons makes the boonbeast super tanky, but it cant be that tanky and also have tons of damage. Either they're marauder and do lots of damage but kinda squishy or they're paladins and tanky but minor damage

Also lies on permastab, permaprotection and lots of quickneness lmao. Lots of protection yes, but nowhere near perma-anything.

Why do you exclude those classes? Of the ones on your exclusion list, not all of them are OP and clearly deserving of a nerf, and neither are all of them fairly balanced at the moment.

Of the ones you listed, I'd vote Firebrand. In the hands of a skilled player, it's pretty cancerous if you pair a FB with any blood magic necro. Also the entire elite spec is completely inaccessible to anything not support/healing power-based. I'd like HP scaling nerfed on certain skills, and base healing power buffed so you could get decent sustain if running an offensive build since FB doesn't have any other decent defensive utilities otherwise.

I main guardian and play all sorts of builds but mostly DH.

I wholeheartedly believe that Soulbeast is just as bad or worse than Deadeye.

A soulbeast can do similar damage with their longbow, access to stealth (not as much of course), better rapid fire, less counter-play IMO (no obvious mark, no malice mechanic, less audible), pet, higher health, can do similar damage as Death's Judgement with Maul or Worldly Impact without stacking malice, vulnerability stacks, knockback, and AoE.

In close combat I think Soulbeast edges it out as well.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Holo....

I play all classes but Holo is just easy mode.... literally spam buttons and people die.... I have skill rotations on every class except Holo, with Holo I just jump into the fight and spam skills, people die and when things get tough my shrinky dink will save me.

Maybe you should start to play your other classes without fixed rotations in pvp too and you will start to kill things. However on topic: What is this? The russian election? Why do people even vote in these fake polls?

Archived