I don't even care about new raid wing if the balance's still terrible

Amineo.8951

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NikeEU.7690 said:Balance is better now than its ever been. Maybe you just don't like raiding?

Because Chronomancer being God-tier after 3 years is good design for you? Stop lying to yourself Nike... I play FFXIV and it's night and day there, everything's taken minus Black Mage and Samurai... which are getting buffed next update to compensate for the lack of utilities, people understand the difference between progression and farming compositions there while in GW2, they think it's always speed clearing no matter what because of the hardcore guilds.

@Amineo.8951 said:

@"NikeEU.7690" said:Balance is better now than its ever been. Maybe you just don't like raiding?

Because Chronomancer being God-tier after 3 years is good design for you? Stop lying to yourself Nike... I play FFXIV and it's night and day there, everything's taken minus Black Mage and Samurai... which are getting buffed next update to compensate for the lack of utilities, people understand the difference between progression and farming compositions there while in GW2, they think it's always speed clearing no matter what because of the hardcore guilds.

Every class has viable options in GW2. Chrono is probably a bit too strong still, but that is still only 1 elite spec on 1 class. Every single PoF elite specialization has a viable raiding spec. Really just scrapper sticks out to me as being "nonviable" in raid PvE from an elite spec perspective, and even that is arguable. Then you have core warrior, core guardian, core engineer that are also viable.

Nike is absolutely correct, overall balance is better than it really has ever been in terms of total number of options for viable specs to play. Is there still room for improvement? Of course. Are there still a few outliers? Of course.

Not playing new content because you believe the current balance is so poor seems like a bit of an exaggerated response.

@"Amineo.8951" said:Watch the new raid bosses having mechanics that promotes distortion use again and abuse of Chronomancers tools. Also an obligatory "golem" boss and people wanting 200+ Legendary Divinations + Dhuum Killproofs to join the new raid wing, never change guys.

so it promotes spamming aegis to the group?

@Amineo.8951 said:

@NikeEU.7690 said:Balance is better now than its ever been. Maybe you just don't like raiding?

Uhmm Nike is correct in saying that overall balance right now is better than ever. DPS wise there are less outliers than before and more and more build become viable. Compare this to vanilla times or most of HoT when we had mirror comp.

And Chrono itself is not the problem. The lack of any alternative is the problem here. If you would nerf Chrono into oblivion then you would make team comps more restrictive. Is nerfing Chaos an option? Yes, but that would not solve the problem we have on the support balance right now.

@Walhalla.5473 said:

Uhmm Nike is correct in saying that overall balance right now is better than ever. DPS wise there are less outliers than before and more and more build become viable. Compare this to vanilla times or most of HoT when we had mirror comp.

And Chrono itself is not the problem. The lack of any alternative is the problem here. If you would nerf Chrono into oblivion then you would make team comps more restrictive. Is nerfing Chaos an option? Yes, but that would not solve the problem we have on the support balance right now.

I dont agree, even tho i love chrono i dont think the right answer is to fight powercreep woth powercreep.

Chrono needs nerfs.

@Walhalla.5473 said:

I fully disagree with the OP but let's not say there is nothing wrong with Chrono itself. Since HoT it has been a top option in every game mode for all times because it is superior by design. Nerfing Chrono would, at the very least, instantly motivate groups to accept in FB + Renegades to ease their healing and other such team comps like meme scourge. And perhaps the encounters even become more challenging now that you might not have overboons all the time.

@Amineo.8951 said:

Nike never said balance was good, he said, its better than its ever been. And it is, the dps classes are being confined down to a narrower window. Its still not acceptable, but if you look at the disparity between the good classes and the bad classes, the difference has been shrinking through the years. Additionally banners and spirits being 10 man buffs have allowed for more comp flexibility, and as Nike has pointed out many times, if your a progression group 1 druid + 1 heal ele/rev/firebrand is probably a better comp than double druid. I.e. we have competition in the healer slot now. Outliers like dps power reaper are going up, and big hit box ele are coming down. I'll agree its slow, but balance is definitely getting better and has been consistently getting better for years now.

Additionally, we just recently saw a 4 man deimos using a firebrand + renegade. Weird that a god tier class wasn't used for such an impressive task.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

I fully disagree with the OP but let's not say there is nothing wrong with Chrono itself. Since HoT it has been a top option in every game mode for all times because it is superior
by design
. Nerfing Chrono would, at the very least, instantly motivate groups to accept in FB + Renegades to ease their healing and other such team comps like meme scourge. And perhaps the encounters even become more challenging now that you might not have overboons all the time.

Tbf fb suffers from its own issues too iirc it and rene were already strong.

@"Amineo.8951" said:Watch the new raid bosses having mechanics that promotes distortion use again and abuse of Chronomancers tools. Also an obligatory "golem" boss and people wanting 200+ Legendary Divinations + Dhuum Killproofs to join the new raid wing, never change guys.

Find yourself a guild ---> No more LI or KP problems!! this is a social game by default, the fact that is playable solo and in pug doesn't mean that the experience will be the same as playing in organized groups.

People are just too much used to chrono, it's been proved that other comps are working to clear every boss. There will always be a meta comp and a meta class. It just happens that chrono has been in the place for the meta raid buffer/tank for a long time. Just because the meta says "this is the BiS" it doesnt mean that if you don't have BiS then you can't clear.

You will see that all your problems will be solved by being social. The tools are there. The same time you spen to write a rant thread could have been used to look for a guild and chat with some people. You even could end up having fun!!!! WOOOOW

• 2 weeks later...

Mesmer has been meta and/or overpowered at literally every single stage of this game's raiding lifespan, across multiple roletypes. I think the majority of the issue in discrepancy (concerning dps #'s) is that Mesmer rarely/never has to utilize things such as dodging or running in/out of most mechanics the way that nearly every other class does. Seeing stuff like my Firebrand having do do about 40-45 dodges throughout the Largos Twins fight (to avoid the aoe pulse knockdown etc.), whilst every Mirage has to do literally ZERO is incredibly telling of why they are so nuts.

The class doesn't have any actual flaws/weaknesses gameplay-wise that matter or come into play within the raiding environment.

@zealex.9410 said:

I dont agree, even tho i love chrono i dont think the right answer is to fight powercreep woth powercreep.

Chrono needs nerfs.

What would fill the gap that chrono would leave, and be just as effective?

@Solori.6025 said:

Chrono needs nerfs.

That's the point of how raids are designed in this game ... you don't need to be as effective as Chrono to replace it and be successful in raids.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Chrono needs nerfs.

That's the point of how raids are designed in this game ... you don't need to be as effective as Chrono to replace it and be successful in raids.

.. So are you saying that an option to do the job chrono does already exist? What is it?If raids can already be done without chrono and your squad can be successful without them then why not just do the raids with those people that don't want the chrono?

Balance is amazing. Every class has at least one, if not two or more viable builds. Chrono is the one class that can do everything, but.. are you aware that this is simply the use case for this class? DPS mesmer does exist, but Chrono doesn't have a role outside of support + tank. Why shouldn't it be good at those things? If anything more classes should have access to Quickness/Alacrity on such high level other than bringing Chrono down for it

@Solori.6025 said:

Chrono needs nerfs.

.. So are you saying that an option to do the job chrono does already exist? What is it?If raids can already be done without chrono and your squad can be successful without them then why not just do the raids with those people that don't want the chrono?

Wait a minute ... I didn't say someone does Chrono's job ... I'm just saying you don't need one to successfully raid. See that's the problem with meta-think ... no ability to think outside the small, narrow path that everyone says you have to take to win ...

Why not? There isn't a reason ... and people run non-meta comps for raids all the time.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"NikeEU.7690" said:Balance is better now than its ever been. Maybe you just don't like raiding?

Chrono needs nerfs.

Wait a minute ... I didn't say someone does Chrono's job ... I'm just saying you don't need one to successfully raid. See that's the problem with meta-think ... no ability to think outside the small, narrow path that everyone says you have to take to win ...

Why not? There isn't a reason ... and people run non-meta comps for raids all the time.

"Meta thinking" doesnt say u need a chrono to do the content. It says "the most optimal strats which yield the fastest and most efficient kills require one". Theres a difference.

@zealex.9410 said:

Chrono needs nerfs.

"Meta thinking" doesnt say u need a chrono to do the content. It says "the most optimal strats which yield the fastest and most efficient kills require one". Theres a difference.

And in this case ... what is meta for tanking? Oh right >< Unless you are going tell us a different, optimal way to complete a raid without Chrono tanking, I'm all for hearing it ... so is the guy that was asking me.

The point here is simple ... if you only think meta, you only think Chrono can tank because it does it best. It might not even occur to that person another class could do it ... or that they might not even need a tank as good as a Chrono or a tank at all! The idea that there are OTHER ways to complete a raid is real.

Nike put it right; balance is better than ever and if players can't find a way to play how they want in this current environment, it seems to me they aren't even trying hard.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Chrono needs nerfs.

And in this case ... what is meta for tanking? Oh right >< Unless you are going tell us a different, optimal way to complete a raid without Chrono tanking, I'm all for hearing it ... so is the guy that was asking me.

^ This..This is what I was getting to. (thank you obtena)Realize that people make meta builds because they want to achieve the maximum results ( or above average results depending on the player) possible

@Amineo.8951So yes, I agree with the large census that Chronomancer, specifically boonshare, is powerful, probably too powerful in it's role. (note I said probably)But NOTHING right now to my knowledge ( feel free anyone to inform me and other people here of the opposite) is as optimal than chrono.So what happens when you remove that?

@Solori.6025 said:

Chrono needs nerfs.

^ This..This is what I was getting to. (thank you obtena)Realize that people make meta builds because they want to achieve the maximum results ( or above average results depending on the player) possible

@Amineo.8951So yes, I agree with the large census that Chronomancer, specifically boonshare, is powerful, probably too powerful in it's role. (note I said probably)But NOTHING right now to my knowledge ( feel free anyone to inform me and other people here of the opposite) is as optimal than chrono.So what happens when you remove that?

The Meta will reshuffle has it as always done, new tactics might get developed. Some people will leave because they don't like the direction the balance has taken

Hard to take these seriously anymore considering how subjective views on balance almost always are. It mostly seems to come down to whether people are allowed to play their one favorite class and build in their favorite role as a part of the META.I would be rather surprised if there was any game with a perfect balance or a game that does not have any roles or tasks more suited, even if slightly, towards certain classes or builds. The communities there might be less focused on min-maxing and thus running the META which in turn would make it seem that people are more open towards quite viable but not completely optimal options.That said, these options do actually exists in GW2. However, the community mindset is simply more focused on efficiency given our intented raid audience in comparison other games which focus on raids for everyone rather than our niche raids for the hardcore crowd. Combine that with the easy gearing and leveling systems here, unlike other games where it would take you months to get an alt "raid ready", and you should understand why things are the way they are.

Archived