The term 'kitten' is ridiculous.

Tangram.1805

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tangram.1805 said:

@"Legostyle.2718" said:kitten is what is written instead of bad words.

I'm quite aware and I know it has to do with forum language rules. It doesn't make it
any
less puppy silly. :)

It is silly and sad that it is needed. I don't agree it is needed and am not so weak I cannot see things written I don't like... Words are just words. Actions are the only thing that matters and the action of using "kitten" instead of just use the words that are used is a weak response to an issue that doesn't even really exist. In as much if people could control themselves there would be no issue.

@jbrother.1340 said:

I'm quite aware and I know it has to do with forum language rules. It doesn't make it
any

It is silly and sad that it is needed. I don't agree it is needed and am not so weak I cannot see things written I don't like... Words are just words. Actions are the only thing that matters and the action of using "kitten" instead of just use the words that are used is a weak response to an issue that doesn't even really exist. In as much if people could control themselves there would be no issue.

I agree, but it's not just an issue of control. Too many people in this world get offended/their feelings hurt by that stuff. Seriously, what ever happened to, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can't?"

@jbrother.1340 said:

any

But isn't it the culmination of actions of thinking about the words, typing the words, and ignoring spell check before hitting "Post comment" that lead to the current state of affairs? If actions speak louder then words, then Mechanical keyboards at the best public speakers in internet history.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

any

I agree, but it's not just an issue of control. Too many people in this world get offended/their feelings hurt by that stuff. Seriously, what ever happened to, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can't?"

Hey are you that guy that never reads the last line of my emails???

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Well between the use of the word kitten on the forums, the Home Instance cats and the Catmander, it's plainly obvious that ANET, their staff, or maybe just the lead devs, are cat lovers.

Nobody is perfect I guess :)

That person at ArenaNet would be Gaile Gray...and I think that should end the discussion of why kitten is the word!

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Well between the use of the word kitten on the forums, the Home Instance cats and the Catmander, it's plainly obvious that ANET, their staff, or maybe just the lead devs, are cat lovers.

Nobody is perfect I guess :)

That person at ArenaNet would be Gaile Gray...and I think that should end the discussion of why kitten is the word!

Are you calling her a puppy? That is just mean!

Archived