Quitting Ranked

huehuehueh.5106

Top 100 player, tired of pvp neglect, no meaningful rewards for time played, horrendous experience where players call you names regardless of performance. Forced to play games with random teamates in a team based game mode. If you agree just comment "Im Done" in this thread and we can see how many people share this opinion.

just need a few more shards to finish my legendary armor so i can go back to the red headed stepchild that is WvW but which i love playing. Sad that ANET makes it more than twice as fast to farm legendary armor in PvP than in WvW (for my rank at least). Go figure.

But yeah as far as tryharding? i'm done....i'm just spamming games for the shards.

Well lord, there was a bot in the top 100 last year, win traders and people who use the MOST obvious and useless hacks. I couldn't even finish my placements this year because I had an afk or a RQ or an intentional throw every. single. match. in my placements. I average at high gold low platinum and suddenly I'm going to end up in bottom teir bronze. That's absurd. I had a friend playing ranked that, in multiple matches, had their ENTIRE team go afk. It's ridiculous and not even worth the farm anymore.

Thankfully I got the top 250 title last season. Would have been nice to crack the top 100 title, but I got serious about it a bit too late in the season.

This season has been pretty garbage, but I just play to maintain my plat badge. I finished my legendary pvp armor set last season as well, so keeping the badge is literally the only reason I queue ranked. It says a lot that I dread every new season, simply because I'd rather not have to work so often to maintain the badge.

I uninstalled the game. Only nostalgia of gw1 was keeping me playing. I was hoping for the old Anet who really cared about pvp. I realized that this game is just a pve game and thats were the developers focus most of their attention and effort. Pvp is a mess right now and has been since PoF launched. It will never get better but only worse.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Ive been done and moved on to WvW a couple years ago. Still get my fights and rarely hear my opponents whine.

What? Opponents whining at you in WvW is the best part. It's the teammates you don't have to hear from, thankfully.

Them too I also don't hear much from either. Very rare I hear my opponents, rarer I hear toxic stuff from my allies.

Also due to match manipulation/win trading...etc, im glad they removed leaderboards. Leaderboards meant little if anyone can cheat their way onto it. Devalued it greatly.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:Plz don't quit gw2... If you quit, existing players would get matched against unfair opponents and vent their frustration on teammates and more will quit...

So my request... Plzzzzzz don't quit

Anet doesnt care for pvp so why should the players?

Even if anet didn't care, it created a PVP platform... A base we can all use to have fun... I see the future where community manages pvp specs and approve or reject a certain buff or Nerf before it goes live... Kinda like Linux kernel... And it might be possible... If players still maintain a healthy environment and have pure fun in pvp, they don't mind anything... only the PVP exclusive black lion shop items sold by anet... And any developer with enough skills can sell skins and glimmering infusions for a limited time... So it becomes a virtual world for guild wars 2 fans ;) :)

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:Plz don't quit gw2... If you quit, existing players would get matched against unfair opponents and vent their frustration on teammates and more will quit...

Even if anet didn't care, it created a PVP platform... A base we can all use to have fun... I see the future where community manages pvp specs and approve or reject a certain buff or Nerf before it goes live... Kinda like Linux kernel... And it might be possible... If players still maintain a healthy environment and have pure fun in pvp, they don't mind anything... only the PVP exclusive black lion shop items sold by anet... And any developer with enough skills can sell skins and glimmering infusions for a limited time... So it becomes a virtual world for guild wars 2 fans ;) :)

I totally agree about players not caring about things when having fun...That was me when we had team queue and then the game and company I supported since release essentially told me to fuck off and find another game to make room for solo players... I spoke against it with my wallet, havent spent a cent since.

Im not Anet but clearly thier metrics are telling them that solo queue players are sustaining the mode and match making better than team queue ever did...

if I remember right, PvP took a huge hit when grouchy? Left... I think that was his name anyway.... that guy not only cared about us but actually had some sway over the heads of dev teams.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I totally agree about players not caring about things when having fun...That was me when we had team queue and then the game and company I supported since release essentially told me to kitten off and find another game to make room for solo players... I spoke against it with my wallet, havent spent a cent since.

Im not Anet but clearly thier metrics are telling them that solo queue players are sustaining the mode and match making better than team queue ever did...

if I remember right, PvP took a huge hit when grouchy? Left... I think that was his name anyway.... that guy not only cared about us but actually had some sway over the heads of dev teams.

Hope, this might inspire you...Doesn't matter if the end result is not in your team's favor... If you gave your 100% and push your limits even further, you'll earn your respect among enemy players... This might sound like a fantasy fairy/heroic tale... And the loss might feel frustrating... But the enemy team player whisper praising you for killing them even when the odds are not in your favor, that gives a sense of immense pride... But don't blame me if enemy players jump and dance on you after they Zerg you on unfair team fights :p ... But think about it... B)

I totally agree about players not caring about things when having fun...That was me when we had team queue and then the game and company I supported since release essentially told me to kitten off and find another game to make room for solo players... I spoke against it with my wallet, havent spent a cent since.

Hope, this might inspire you...Doesn't matter if the end result is not in your team's favor... If you gave your 100% and push your limits even further, you'll earn your respect among enemy players... This might sound like a fantasy fairy/heroic tale... And the loss might feel frustrating... But the enemy team player whisper praising you for killing them even when the odds are not in your favor, that gives a sense of immense pride... But don't blame me if enemy players jump and dance on you after they Zerg you on unfair team fights :p ... But think about it... B)

It doesnt mean much if you cant share the experience with friends or guildies...

what respect lol? the Same ol players that look for drama/trash talk anyone who attempts to "get good"? This entire community and the devs are responsible for it's failure of a mode.

1- Dev's not doing jack for the mode and responding well for the cheaters/asshats who abused things.

2- Players that purposely continued to abuse anet "punish" system and it's negative impact toward a lot of the new players/up coming good players by mouthing anyone who might of made them feel "challenge" or "threaten"

Great Game for PVE and Great combat system but.....that's all this game really offers. No actual "team" or "solo" player skill improvement unless you are lucky enough to play with a few of the best players/teams on a daily bases by either sucking them off or trashing talking with them on a daily lol.

I meet A LOT of damn good players and some Ex pro players who explained things to me and showed me the ropes. It was great, it was amazing however even they get tired of the same things over and over with the game and drama. I just wish we had better pro player role models that actually wanted the best for this game but.....that was never a thing at all.

I too have left this clown fiesta circle dance behind. Pathetic excuses, neglect, the worst balance I have ever seen in a MMO, allowing the golden boy streamers to cheat at will with little punishment, and a general disregard for the player base.

Playing this game mode is akin to being Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill and watching it roll back down, bound to Hell for all eternity.

Archived