New WvW Event Week — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New WvW Event Week

anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭
edited September 14, 2018 in WvW

Edit: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bloodlust-world-vs-world-weeklong-bonus/

From the Dev Stream: Announcement tomorrow.
Teaser: Open-field fights will be more common place.

Perhaps reduced/no defense siege or no Keep walls or something like this?

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@anonymous.7812 said:

Maybe no keeps, no towers. People joked about it, (while some were serious)

Just terrain and capture points. No upgrading etc.

What could go wrong?

(/s)

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018

Yes what is there that could possibly go wrong ?? , fun to try SMC with no defensive siege at all I think the mass of multiple players (blob) is that acceptable PC? would cry a lot.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

No gates! Let's go!

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

I like more open field. Don't think no walls / gates will go over very well though.

• Towers/keeps would kind of look funny with no walls so I'd suspect no gates are more likely. I can't see them removing towers/keeps all together leaving just capture points.

• Probably not as extreme as I originally thought. Maybe bringing back relics for a week.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Will be interesting to see how they drive players out of objectives and into open-field since it is objectives (big and small) that primarily drives ongoing activity in wvw.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@Justine.6351 said:
    Will be interesting to see how they drive players out of objectives and into open-field since it is objectives (big and small) that primarily drives ongoing activity in wvw.

All camps only.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

All camps only.

which depends on the dev's definition of "open-field". I seriously doubt they are removing structures for the week. Its more likely they will put in place a simple buff/debuff to encourage "open-field" fighting. I just don't know what it could really be though.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Arimas.3492Arimas.3492 Member ✭✭✭

Open field is great and honestly if they just did some terrain changes on the current maps we'd have more open field to deal with. Lots of areas of cliffs and stuff that could be removed and made able to be traversed would be nice. like 20% of the alpine map's sections are also currently useless, both NE and NW corners where the skritt/centaurs are, that very large area of the northern citadel that is just useless open land could be open to everyone and made into something. SE/W spawns tunnel areas could be flattened or at least have a way up and flattened on top. lots of area around SMC in EBG could be removed and opened up, etc.

Looking forward to whatever this thing is though, sounds like it will at least be interesting.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

+5% xp for player kills, no doubt.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

They're not going to put in any major effort into this of like replacing structures, so either no walls or no gates, or something really wacky and turn off ppt but keep ppk on which I don't think would go over well.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    Maguuma: Free ppt, come and get it!

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

All WvW maps replaced with Plains of Ashford

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• After 6 years we will get Battlegrounds, trust me, 100% legit, no scam.

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

PPK could be increased (e.g. doubled during the event time, going from 2 to 4 for a "stomp") plus
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Call_of_War again or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bonus_Weekend_Event
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_War_Summons could also come back, but it is "weaker" than the Call of War.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just hope that it won't overlap the new LS release, I wouldn't like to choose which content doing first.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@anonymous.7812 said:

What could go wrong?

(/s)

gawd, open field siege everywhere

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@anonymous.7812 said:

What could go wrong?

(/s)

gawd, open field siege everywhere

How many AC's and Ballista can we build????

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018

Can we just have a rerun of No Downstate Please?

750k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• The WvW icon on the interface takes you to OS exclusively

• @Celsith.2753 said:

Well... after all is said and done some people need a break from the sometimes boring grind that is wvw. Don't get me wrong, I love wvw but mostly because of running with people I know. After about an hour of battling it's not much more than a chat fest in TS or Discord and killing/dying and not really caring much... especially about scores.

The new story injection will be a nice break (for me at least) for a couple days while I get the story line portion done then head back into WvW... zzzzz....

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

@Celsith.2753 said:

This event should be at the very least one week per "linking."

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭

As much as i want Anet to change WvW up, and admire that they are trying new things, giving a 30% bonus to some already powerful servers is insane, ive seen servers that can put 50 man groups on 2 maps, imagine that with 30% extra power, i can sadly see alot of people taking a week off for this event.

What we need are ways to use the ability points we get that cant be used to upgrade anything, why do we not have the ability to invest into more WxP or reward track gain, karma, MF( WvW only ) etc some players have 1000's of these ability points just being wasted, this is just untapped potential.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Enhanced bloodlust? The feature we already had that was nerfed because it was considered way to unfair when it changed stats too much?

I guess its something. The claim buffs already took over for that anyway.

• Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia

• @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Celsith.2753 said:

We are likely to run it again someday. The plan is that we build up a bunch of events and we run one every 2-3 months. At times where we don't have a new event to try out, we'll run an older one.

I +1 the no downstate event

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

The thing with the bloodlust week is, anyone remember how it went when it was powerful? Most small guilds I knew were excited at it's introduction, imagining fun small fights all round the area. Turns out when its powerful tho, commanders bring their entire map blob to flip it D: Anything a small group can do, a zerg can do faster....

Maybe there will be some fun blob fights over it.

750k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

Why jump from 5% to 15%? Seems like it would be a huge disadvantage for an outnumbered server with no bonus to fight an enemy server that has just major bloodlust and is actively defending the ruins.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

30 percent a little over the top don't you think?

• coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭

@Celsith.2753 said:
    The thing with the bloodlust week is, anyone remember how it went when it was powerful? Most small guilds I knew were excited at it's introduction, imagining fun small fights all round the area. Turns out when its powerful tho, commanders bring their entire map blob to flip it D: Anything a small group can do, a zerg can do faster....

It's true, but a dedicated small group can have a huge impact. It's not worth a zerg's time to have 50 people flipping bloodlust. It is much more efficient for 3-5 people to hang around and flip it back, then defend it from any other small groups.

Huh, that's a weird way of saying "No downstate." Well, I look forward to the no downstate! It's going to be no downstate, right? RIGHT? Haha ok. No downstate it is!

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• DeWolfe.2174DeWolfe.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Umm... Ben, I don't know if you realize the constant nag of having to flip/defend nodes had commanders raging during S2.
    Please don't focus the mode around defending nodes, this isn't sPvP.

Appreciate the effort and extra bonuses though!

editing to add, please bring back No Downstate! Monthly!!!

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

that bonus is pretty nuts.
    we have 4k power, 4k armor, 40k hp, 2.6k condi dmg type builds to look forward to. hmmm....

@coro.3176 said:

@Celsith.2753 said:

It's true, but a dedicated small group can have a huge impact. It's not worth a zerg's time to have 50 people flipping bloodlust. It is much more efficient for 3-5 people to hang around and flip it back, then defend it from any other small groups.

Yes, that is true that it is much more efficient for small groups to do it, but what happens in practice is that the ruins get zerged because the small groups that are losing call for more people to help (which isn't necessarily a bad thing to generate zerg open field fights in the ruins). We've seen this zerging before both when bloodlust provided a larger stat bonus and when the desert bl had the exalted hammer oasis event. And just think for all you siege fans, you get a cannon to build at each ruin too!

I am slightly disappointed that gates will still be up.

• @Celsith.2753 said:

Never again

• Exactly what I said on Reddit:
    "Okay so, I pride myself in being an optimist and I don't complain very much...

I've enjoyed all of these WvW events, even the chaotic golem weekend and all it's broken buffs. If anything, I enjoyed that one the most because it was fun to be a demi-god doing Legendary mob tier damage.

But... This one just sounds like it's going to be the broken buffs from Golem weekend except only the servers with the most coverage will have it. I realize a +30% damage boost isn't enormous but, there's so much damage out there already, like... I dunno, I'm having a hard time being positive about this one. I don't think it's going to help roamers and I definitely don't think it's going to be as fun as outright killing people like no downed state week. It just sounds like small scale ganking is gonna be even more stupid.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is doing even more damage with Reaper. Gonna need an undie dispenser I'll be splooshing them so much from all the meaty crits. If I have one goal for this event it's to park some poor fool with a 40k+ hit."

Reading through comments both there and here, looks like I'm not alone. It's only for the week or what ever so it's not the end of the world but, I definitely don't have a good feeling about it. The kind of damage some builds can already achieve, with those buffs, just you wait. Should be pretty common place to see 30k crits flying around.

[xo] [TTD] [Engi] | Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer | Fort Aspenwood | Diamond Legend
    Champion; Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
    You taste so sweet it hurts a little ... ♫

• How does this event promote more open field fights?

<13
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.