New WvW Event Week

anonymous.7812

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@anonymous.7812 said:From the Dev Stream: Announcement tomorrow.Teaser: Open-field fights will be more common place.

Perhaps reduced/no defense siege or no Keep walls or something like this?

Maybe no keeps, no towers. People joked about it, (while some were serious)

Just terrain and capture points. No upgrading etc.

What could go wrong?

(/s)

@Chaba.5410 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Will be interesting to see how they drive players out of objectives and into open-field since it is objectives (big and small) that primarily drives ongoing activity in wvw.

All camps only.

which depends on the dev's definition of "open-field". I seriously doubt they are removing structures for the week. Its more likely they will put in place a simple buff/debuff to encourage "open-field" fighting. I just don't know what it could really be though.

Open field is great and honestly if they just did some terrain changes on the current maps we'd have more open field to deal with. Lots of areas of cliffs and stuff that could be removed and made able to be traversed would be nice. like 20% of the alpine map's sections are also currently useless, both NE and NW corners where the skritt/centaurs are, that very large area of the northern citadel that is just useless open land could be open to everyone and made into something. SE/W spawns tunnel areas could be flattened or at least have a way up and flattened on top. lots of area around SMC in EBG could be removed and opened up, etc.

Looking forward to whatever this thing is though, sounds like it will at least be interesting.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@anonymous.7812 said:From the Dev Stream: Announcement tomorrow.Teaser: Open-field fights will be more common place.

What could go wrong?

(/s)

gawd, open field siege everywhere

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

What could go wrong?

(/s)

gawd, open field siege everywhere

How many AC's and Ballista can we build????

@Celsith.2753 said:Can we just have a rerun of No Downstate Please?

Well... after all is said and done some people need a break from the sometimes boring grind that is wvw. Don't get me wrong, I love wvw but mostly because of running with people I know. After about an hour of battling it's not much more than a chat fest in TS or Discord and killing/dying and not really caring much... especially about scores.

The new story injection will be a nice break (for me at least) for a couple days while I get the story line portion done then head back into WvW... zzzzz....

Archived