Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

Just read on Black Lion Daily Herald about this promotion!It is only going to benafit a select few players !One thing I loved about this game is the fact that everyone was treated the same .I had the same chance as anyone in game to get anything in game .if I worked hard enough .Now you take that away with this promotion .Closest place to me is 4 hours away !Not Cool Anet Not Cool at all !!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook

"ArenaNet (...) is partnering with national bubble tea retailer, Kung Fu Tea, on a month-long in-store and online promotion during September. Throughout the month, customers will have the chance to try the Elder Dragon Dreamy Delight (a delicious Guild Wars twist on Kung Fu Tea’s Cocoa Cream Wow) as well as unlock Guild Wars 2 in-game content and claim amazing daily prizes via the Kung Fu Tea app."

GW2 #GW2PoF #GuildWars2

From the link above:

"Yes, there’s a branded bubble tea app, and if you link your social media accounts to it, you’ll get codes to download a cosmetic outfit for the Guild Wars 2, plus the game’s “heroic edition,” which turns out to be a bundle with a “unique set of armor, an 18-slot inventory box, and 10 experience boosters.” So it’s free stuff, in exchange for your deets.

Do note that the promotion runs in September, so it doesn’t actually start until September 1st – that’s when you’ll want to pick up the app."

So it sounds like the free outfit only requires you to link Facebook to app, if I'm reading that correctly. And note the last sentence, starts Sept. 1.

What Dean said. To further back it up, I also saw this:

"Kung Fu Tea customers who link their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts through the Kung Fu Tea mobile app can claim unique in-game codes to download a dragon-themed character outfit, in addition to the Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition. The Heroic Edition is not available at retail and expands upon the Guild Wars 2 game, offering a unique set of armor, an 18-slot inventory box, and 10 experience boosters to jump-start players’ adventures in the world of Tyria.”

I also wonder if it's a new outfit or if it's the dragon-hip-drape plate armor outfit I already have, or maybe the Ancestral outfit. There's a KFT within 20 minutes of me, and it's near a place that makes real NY style bagels, so I could make my way there. However, I don't drink tea, I have no idea what "bubble tea" is, and I don't have nor will I have Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. The "unique set of armor" in the Heroic Edition, btw, is the Krytan, Profane, and, um, whatever the heavy one is. Not anything new.

edit: Danikat remembered! Heavy is Primeval.

Hopefully it's something which is already in the game, like the Champion of Tyria outfit, and is just being given away free to people who participate in the promotion. Otherwise it's pretty unfair to all the GW2 players who live outside the USA (which is a lot of people - remember there are 27 EU servers, and that's not counting people from elsewhere in the world who choose to play on NA servers).

The Heroic Edition definitely falls into that category (assuming it is just the upgrades and not a second account) - that just gets you a choice of the Primeval (heavy), Krytan (medium) or Profane (light) armour from the gem store, a normal 18 slot bag and 10 XP boosters.

It's just this dragon themed outfit I'm not sure about.

@"Donari.5237" said:I also wonder if it's a new outfit or if it's the dragon-hip-drape plate armor outfit I already have, or maybe the Ancestral outfit. There's a KFT within 20 minutes of me, and it's near a place that makes real NY style bagels, so I could make my way there. However, I don't drink tea, I have no idea what "bubble tea" is, and I don't have nor will I have Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. The "unique set of armor" in the Heroic Edition, btw, is the Krytan, Profane, and, um, whatever the heavy one is. Not anything new.

edit: Danikat remembered! Heavy is Primeval.

There's a lot of variations but bubble tea is typically milky tea (of various kinds - usually black or green tea) with tapioca balls in it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

I've had a few which were ok, but I'm not a big fan of milky tea. (My preference, depending on the variety of tea is no milk or what's known in the UK as builders brew - strong black tea with a little bit of milk, so it's kind of coffee coloured.) Not a big fan of tapioca either, but it's better in tea than tapioca pudding in school.

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:What Dean said. To further back it up, I also saw this:

"Kung Fu Tea customers who link their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts through the Kung Fu Tea mobile app can claim unique in-game codes to download a dragon-themed character outfit, in addition to the Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition. The Heroic Edition is not available at retail and expands upon the Guild Wars 2 game, offering a unique set of armor, an 18-slot inventory box, and 10 experience boosters to jump-start players’ adventures in the world of Tyria.”

So someone could make a throw away Twitter, link it to Kung Fu app and get a free Heroic Edition account code and outfit code then delete the app? If that is the case I can see a lot of people using it for another alt account for daily login rewards. ;)

@Danikat.8537 said:The Heroic Edition definitely falls into that category (assuming it is just the upgrades and not a second account) - that just gets you a choice of the Primeval (heavy), Krytan (medium) or Profane (light) armour from the gem store, a normal 18 slot bag and 10 XP boosters.

It's just this dragon themed outfit I'm not sure about.

Huh. I have all three of those armour sets. If the outfit is one of the existing outfits, then my money would be on Ceremonial Plated, Champion of Tyria, or Harbinger of Mordremoth.

But it might just be something new that would be worth faffing with. I wonder if a member of Anet staff is prepared to pass comment... @Gaile Gray.6029 ? Anything?

@"Rauderi.8706" said:...Oh please don't jinx it. I'm not giving up my throwaway Facebook accounts for the Baby Face Shoulder Outfit. :|

It's the most likely choice. The "dragon themed outfit" they originally gave out during promotions was the dragon t-shirt, but it would look rather boring if they're trying to advertise to new players. Keeping with the logo theme, the champion outfit would certainly make a bigger impact.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Rauderi.8706" said:...Oh please don't jinx it. I'm not giving up my throwaway Facebook accounts for the Baby Face Shoulder Outfit. :|

It's the most likely choice. The "dragon themed outfit" they originally gave out during promotions was the
, but it would look rather boring if they're trying to advertise to new players. Keeping with the logo theme, the champion outfit would certainly make a bigger impact.

For sure it would be boring, in a way, but I'd do the faffing-about handle-turning for that one. I have the hat from launch time, but I couldn't get a code for the T-shirt.

Archived