Awake Scarlet — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Awake Scarlet

No one see Scarlet death. She can be live.

Awake Scarlet 158 votes

Return Scarlet
24%
Arzurag.7506Glider.5792Malediktus.9250Lonami.2987Lambent.6375Kiva.9012CalamityO.2890Stinger.4120eduardo.1436Mechanix.9315sokeenoppa.5384Blanche Neige.7241hugo.4705blackheartgary.8605VaaCrow.3076Irbis.4932Milan.9035Lumpy Forehead.2193CarolGam.2649Taygus.4571 39 votes
Explore her death
10%
Just a flesh wound.3589PlagueParade.7942Skyrum.5483Tanner Blackfeather.6509Kossage.9072FrizzFreston.5290sorudo.9054Seteruss.4058NICENIKESHOE.7128Teratus.2859zenleto.6179Phasendrache.1320Dami.5046Svennis.3852Lost Dimension.9014Ashikuro.1920Irexmac.4172 17 votes
Forgot about
38%
Ariurotl.3718Fig.8257Pifil.5193Menadena.7482Rauderi.8706derd.6413starhunter.6015runeblade.7514Karmapolice.4193Dante.1763BunjiKugashira.9754Fundor.2098Konig Des Todes.2086Kalendraf.9521Zaraki.5784Ashen.2907Ameepa.6793Etienne.3049Warscythes.9307Westenev.5289 61 votes
Don't care
25%
Solori.6025Endless Soul.5178Loosmaster.8263Musaroxy.2874notebene.3190ShiningSquirrel.3751Witch of Doom.5739Warobaz.9543Shaogin.2679crepuscular.9047linamaria.1830Eros.6801killermanjaro.5670Kumouta.4985Zeivu.3615Zaklex.6308Balthazzarr.1349Tycko Larsson.7829rdfaye.4368AstralDusk.1670 41 votes
<1

Comments

• Return Scarlet

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    Please no, she's a blight on the story.

She is as crazy tech. doc. - its cool.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Don't care

She can stay forever in the Mists or wherever she is...

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• Return Scarlet

@Batel.9206 said:
    I thought we did see her die.

Nope. It is was fake.

• Return Scarlet

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    We did see her die, though. We killed her, and then her dead body is shown in the following cut scene.

No ^^. You think as.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018

I for sure saw it.

• Return Scarlet

@Linken.6345 said:
    I for sure saw it.

No, you saw what you should to saw.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    We did see her die, though. We killed her, and then her dead body is shown in the following cut scene.

Indeed. Strange poll..

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Return Scarlet

@Randulf.7614 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Indeed. Strange poll..

Where her body? Can you check it? I think she is alive.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Return Scarlet

Yup she was dead by the hand of the pact commander, then the breachmaker gone crazy, awakening mordremoth and exploding, guess she have been incinerated by the explosion? But dunno... no proofs... no gravestone or memorial...

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Explore her death

what if her death is the beginning of something worse, that her essence is transferred inside the ley lines and now a new creature emerges from the very depths of tyria using her knowledge.
    what if that enemy can multiply faster then we can kill them, an enemy powerful enough to infest tyria (planet) in a matter of months if left unchecked.

• Return Scarlet

@Batel.9206 said:

@Stinger.4120 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Indeed. Strange poll..

It's kind of difficult to recover a body when it's been completely vaporized. She was on the Breachmaker when it exploded so thoroughly that only the drill is left...at the bottom of the ocean... Could Scarlet have avoided the massive explosion, then escaped from the drill while it hit the ocean floor, and then swam to the surface and avoided the falling debris of the bits of Breachmaker still raining from the sky...all while Scarlet's still impaled by metal spikes the size of baseball bats?

Scarlet's a mad genius, but I think that would've been a bit beyond her abilities.

hugo.4705 text >> But dunno... no proofs... no gravestone or memorial....

And I don't know but she is alive.

• @Stinger.4120 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Indeed. Strange poll..

1. The ship she was on exploded. Huge explosion.
    2. The remains of that ship have been in an ocean for several years now, so any remains would be gone by now (and since she was Sylvari, I don't think she had any bones to leave behind).

The lack of a body doesn't mean anything. Now, Anet could totally pull a comic book move and bring her back with some flimsy "Oh, she didn't actually die" reason like you're wanting here, but I like to think that they wouldn't do that and would instead opt for other villains.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Explore her death

I'm going with explore her death :P

But only because i'm a big supporter of revamping LW1 into replayable content ^^
    Not because i'm a big fan of it or anything but simply because it's story content that I don't like missing from my game.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I pressed F and finished her.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Return Scarlet

@lokh.2695 said:

And she "Hahahahaha" ^^

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭
    Forgot about

@Stinger.4120 said:

@lokh.2695 said:

And she "Hahahahaha" ^^

She said "You fools. You think my death saves you? Too late...[dying gasp]" She didn't laugh...for once in her life. XD

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• Return Scarlet

@Batel.9206 said:

@Stinger.4120 said:

@lokh.2695 said:

And she "Hahahahaha" ^^

She said "You fools. You think my death saves you? Too late...[dying gasp]" She didn't laugh...for once in her life. XD

Did it, but scenario hide it from us - she is alive =)

• Return Scarlet

@Rhyse.8179 said:
    kitten. NO.

Scarlet is a bad fanfic character that accidentally became canon. For all that is holy, keep her dead. In fact, let's all just pretend she never happened.

But she is mad genius - we're need she.

• Forgot about

Let her stay dead.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

• Return Scarlet

@Rhyse.8179 said:

@Stinger.4120 said:

@Rhyse.8179 said:
    kitten. NO.

Scarlet is a bad fanfic character that accidentally became canon. For all that is holy, keep her dead. In fact, let's all just pretend she never happened.

Not "Mad Genius", but rather "Bad Plot Driven Mary Sue."

Oh, if so... I like Scarlet's machines, some magic and change of the world. And now we're have some fun from Aurene. Its cool but not enough to fit some crazy world.
    No need any dragon in this case. Pls, back us to mad scintists. Pls.

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭
    Forgot about

Recycle Cantha. Recycle Scarlet. Let's fight Zhaitan and Balthazar again as well.

All is vain.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about

Ok with bringing back season 1 for those who didn't enjoyed it, but nothing more than that with Scarlet. I mean not in CURRENT story.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• zenleto.6179zenleto.6179 Member ✭✭✭
    Explore her death

As much as I liked Scarlet I think she’s probably happier talking to strawberries in the Mists.

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭

I don't think she needs to be returned to, I'd be able to have my fill if I was ever allowed to play season 1 really.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

• Oh no, Scarlet is definitely sleeping the big sleep. I made sure of that. Desecrated her corpse and everything to make sure she wouldn't get back up. Dip, dip, potato chip. Dip, dip, potato chip...

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭
    Forgot about

She is dead, brining her back would be bad writing/retconing. So for future story leave her dead and move on (which they have done so far, thank goodness).

I would however love Season 1 being made playable again somehow... although it could never be made the same as it once was, being mostly open world... and with many of the parts that was instanced back then, now being part of fractals, I wouldn't count on S1 ever making a return... unfortunately.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

OP, you forgot to include in your poll the "Forget the past and move on to new things" option, so I didn't vote.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• I finished her off.

What we need isn't Scarlet returning, it is Season 1 returning.

• Don't care

@Rhyse.8179 said:

@Stinger.4120 said:

@Rhyse.8179 said:
    kitten. NO.

Not "Mad Genius", but rather "Bad Plot Driven Mary Sue."

Honestly, she's among the worst cases of Mary Sueism I've ever heard of. Glad she's dead.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Don't care

@Stinger.4120 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

No ^^. You think as.

She's deader than a door nail, not only was she shown in the cut scene, but her dead body was shown in other places afterwards as well...and, the topper, those that talk to the Magister to get the story of Season are TOLD she is dead, that she died but still completed her mission...so someone checked her body afterwards(most likely the Order or Whispers).

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Lucius.2140Lucius.2140 Member ✭✭✭
    Forgot about

She destroyed LA, was an enemy of all the main races of Tyria, the pact commander and awakened a dragon, she will never have a tombstone, plaque or whatever: she didnt win and nobody wants to remember her (except Taimi that its already in other subjects, so gg).

That been said, LS1 should be replayable.

For the Blood Legion! - 11 charr

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    Explore her death

I wasn’t around for a lot of S1. I’d like to see that come back, and maybe explore more stuff about Scarlet in the living world installments.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about

@Stinger.4120 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    Please no, she's a blight on the story.

She is as crazy tech. doc. - its cool.

She's a cringey villain sue, we have Taimi, Blish and Gorrik for actually good characters who fit that. The inquest is also a thing if you want villain scientists. Scarlet was a mistake.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Next revenant elite specialization. Go.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Return Scarlet

she needs to return as joko's right hand.

• Don't care

As far as we know, dragon minions and Sylvari cannot be reanimated.

PvP? What's that? Never heard of it.

• 'We didn't see Zhaitan's dead body. He can be live.' is understandable. But Scarlet? Commander ended her. with stomp. And if She comes back from the mists like commander did, everyone could be the same. Please leave her in our memory as a good villain.

• Torzini.1523Torzini.1523 Member ✭✭✭
    Forgot about

I mean, I wasn't around for any of S1 and I would love it they'd put that in the game sometime. But I hate it when writers in TV shows and the like go ''Hey, surprise! This major character's not dead after all.'' It feels cheap. The same applies here. I'd rather they move on to new pastures to explore.

• Forgot about

While I would ADORE it if they returned LS1 somehow (I joined when HoT was already out - I never got the chance to play it and watching videos about are just not the same as experiencing it yourself.) Scarlet's story is done and over with. She is beyond dead and we explored her motives and stuff during LS2.

We already had some light shined on both sylvari and humans, I want to see more things with Asura, Norn, or Charr next!

• Return Scarlet

[CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!] also spoilers if you haven't played LW4E3 yet..........

At the end of the story, Blish says something to the affect of..."Taimi told me that it's not good to make portals in the space-time continuum" or something like that....I think we haven't seen the end of fair Scarlet Briar.[/CONSPIRACY THEORY]

Bring back Ceara

• Forgot about

@arielwind.8921 said:
    'We didn't see Zhaitan's dead body. He can be live.' is understandable. But Scarlet? Commander ended her. with stomp. And if She comes back from the mists like commander did, everyone could be the same. Please leave her in our memory as a good villain.

Zhaitan is dead, you actually can see the body though exploring the other dungeon paths and it is mentioned in the priory about having recovered parts of his corpse.
    I agree about Scarlet leave her dead, she served her purpose and got her freedom from what was tormenting her mind.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.