I want to love Weaver but.

sokeenoppa.5384

After tankiness/stability/protection/healing and stunbreakers that temp traitline gave me its so hard to take weaver line. Ofc ill take it in raids but open world pve, Dungeons etc i need My temp. My 2 cents is that the dmg increase in pve isnt worth it to take weaver.I know weaver SHOULD Be dps line but would it be too much to add some sustain in there? iMO weaver line should drop its switness/condi clean traits and add some other sustain there or atleast condi cleans that work without water.Sorry for My english.

Weaver is a massive dps increase though so makes things die in PvE a lot faster if you can get your rotation right and the stupidly long cast times on some skills. Keep trying it and you’ll find its better for organised content (especially with chrono) than tempest but the thing that’s making me log out and not bother playing the expansion is how the sword is terrible because the devs didn’t listen to the feedback and much of the new content has interrupt spam which is annoying when everything you do has a 1-3.5s cast time on it. In some ways I regret buying the expansion because the 2 classes I play mostly barely use their new elite spec or weapons so there’s very little that’s new for me to enjoy unless I break out the completely broken firebrand.

For soloing in the open world I've just been using Stone Stance... With 2 charges you can instacast pulse barrier for 6500 shield units(?) over ten seconds, more than enough time to protect yourself while channeling your meteor shower or icebow4 (the times when you're most vulnerable).

But really, if you just start a fight on your Jackal, everything will be dead before that barrier wears off anyways.

@narcx.3570 said:For soloing in the open world I've just been using Stone Stance... With 2 charges you can instacast pulse barrier for 6500 shield units(?) over ten seconds, more than enough time to protect yourself while channeling your meteor shower or icebow4 (the times when you're most vulnerable).

But really, if you just start a fight on your Jackal, everything will be dead before that barrier wears off anyways.

Yeah, that's my favorite utility skill for open world right now. And for even more survivability, you can take Master's Fortitude to convert a portion of your damage stats (which are going to be pretty high on Weaver) to Vitality--it's almost like you get to wear Berserker and Marauder gear at the same time. If you run sword, using Lava Skin and Stone Resonance at the same time is a huge amount of barrier very quickly, too.

Not saying here that everything with weaver is fine but for sure is more balanced than tempest (and for me also more fun)With weaver you have to choose if to pick defensive traits or offensive ones... while with tempest you have both passive stab on overload and damage buffs+ Buffed protection + passive breack stun + heal on auras without sacrifice damage.Weaver traits can give you a lot of sustain OR give you some strong damage mod.

So for me is the right way to balance traits and I think they are well done.If you are having problem to survive in open world pve you can just take weaver 3+3+3 and be very tanky.I mean arcane + water + weaver combined can provide you a lot of damage mod while provide you also a lot of susistain.

Honestly the only thing I would love to see is some raw damage buff to sword that for me is crazy fun but just slow at killing things.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Yeah you are right about pve there :)But still im missing those traits for pvp, hot open world etc. I know its l2p issue no need to tell me that. Maybe ill just secretly want se allaround bruiser spec :D

Water/Arcane....

I Love Weaver, it delivers on the battle mage perspective. Very good bruiser spec. Hit me up in game if you're NA and maybe we can have some weaver show downs to help us both improve.

@Jski.6180 said:Weaver needs more play with barrier that some how ties it into dmg out put. I am not sure how many times i am going to need to say this or different ways but barrier fits the dmg melee mages so well that it is nearly a class type on its own.

I like the idea of Barrier working offensively for the Weaver - would be an interesting and unique thing for the class.

However I would hate if they did it the boring way (+X% damage while under the effects of barrier) - the only thing I can think off is making barrier a strong retaliation type meaning that when enemies attack you dealing damage to your barrier they take the damage as well or a nice portion of it, or hitting you while you have barrier gives the enemy some sort of debutff.

Not sure though.

@Azel.4786 said:I like the idea of Barrier working offensively for the Weaver - would be an interesting and unique thing for the class.If barrier were going to be offensive, I'd like it to be related to the depletion of the barrier. "Deal x damage for every y points of barrier that decays naturally." (Or inflict a condition, or both.) The reason for this is that the enemy has some counterplay in the ability to deplete your barrier (or most of it) before it ends to negate that damage while at the same time you're not required to stand there and facetank attacks to increase dps. If it were a static value instead of a % of the barrier, that would also put some offensive emphasis on Healing power by increasing the numerical value of the barrier, though I can't imagine the damage would be significant enough to be build defining. Especially because there would be a lot of unintended side effects with others giving you barrier (and with Jackal's large barrier for burst damage in open world).

I guess a simple way might be to emulate Evasive Arcana, but instead of dodging have it activate when gaining or depleting a barrier on an icd, effect depending on attunement.

Archived