Holosmith World vs World Gameplay

Lacko.6572

• Dodging cools you down, heals you and damages enemies around you, it is 100% necessary to time your dodges with heat.
  • You are a Boon Beast which always has many of them
  • very good Immunity against CC
  • OK against Condi
    • A huge part of your Sustain comes from smart positioning and kiting, knowing when to burst and when to disengage and hitting Corona burst, which gives you Stability

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFAUlcThyrY1VwALQ+FLTGW/GcEeCFbGFgAw4659EBA-jlSBQBZR5AAuAAYRJlGeAAUSFnzoEEP6A23+DJU9AyoEZdwAgZmZmGZmZmZmpUACKZD-w

I'm still surprised I never see anyone running the build that I use with my Holo. By no means am I suggesting it's the best but, it's so absurdly tanky and capable of doing a lot of damage I would figure others would have come to the same build conclusion by now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQJAsenEIDFJjlID2IDcJjFDDr/G2DHihBgxRfRMd8BGQA-jFCEQBA4EAkI1fc5DAAe7PwElYtRPQGVCyQlHBAQAuZbGA38m38m38mddbmNzm38mJFgqbtA-w

Coolant Blast is no joke and imo, underrated. Not only does it reduce incoming damage and heal for a lot over time, it's a blast finisher that can be used to grant Light Aura with Hard Light Arena. It's Toolbelt skill can also remove up to SIX conditions.With Anticorrosion Plating and Energy Amplifier, Hard Light Arena repeatedly cleanses conditions, increases your Healing Power, offers access to Light Field for Light Aura and grants Fury. The Toolbelt skill, as many already know, is also extremely strong.Photon Wall is great for going offensive while blocking and can also do heaps of damage if you prefer to release it on top of someone. If you're full glass, this skill is actually pretty disgusting.Also, with Enhanced Capacity Storage unit, your sword damage gets buffed a ton and you stack Might like crazy. Auto attacks from sword can go as high as 8k if you've got enough Might and Heat built up.Then you have even more damage reduction from Spectrum Shield and Iron Blooded on top of near perma-Protection uptime, high condition cleanse, heal over time from Coolant Blast... Like, lol. I'm a pretty bad Holosmith in all honesty. It doesn't really click with me, but I do enjoy it. And with this build I've been able to easily 1vX and just facetank stuff and mash buttons and win.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I'm still surprised I never see anyone running the build that I use with my Holo. By no means am I suggesting it's the best but, it's so absurdly tanky and capable of doing a lot of damage I would figure others would have come to the same build conclusion by now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQJAsenEIDFJjlID2IDcJjFDDr/G2DHihBgxRfRMd8BGQA-jFCEQBA4EAkI1fc5DAAe7PwElYtRPQGVCyQlHBAQAuZbGA38m38m38mddbmNzm38mJFgqbtA-w

Coolant Blast is no joke and imo, underrated. Not only does it reduce incoming damage and heal for a lot over time, it's a blast finisher that can be used to grant Light Aura with Hard Light Arena. It's Toolbelt skill can also remove up to SIX conditions.With Anticorrosion Plating and Energy Amplifier, Hard Light Arena repeatedly cleanses conditions, increases your Healing Power, offers access to Light Field for Light Aura and grants Fury. The Toolbelt skill, as many already know, is also extremely strong.Photon Wall is great for going offensive while blocking and can also do heaps of damage if you prefer to release it on top of someone. If you're full glass, this skill is actually pretty disgusting.Also, with Enhanced Capacity Storage unit, your sword damage gets buffed a ton and you stack Might like crazy. Auto attacks from sword can go as high as 8k if you've got enough Might and Heat built up.Then you have even more damage reduction from Spectrum Shield and Iron Blooded on top of near perma-Protection uptime, high condition cleanse, heal over time from Coolant Blast... Like, lol. I'm a pretty bad Holosmith in all honesty. It doesn't really click with me, but I do enjoy it. And with this build I've been able to easily 1vX and just facetank stuff and mash buttons and win.

do you have videos with that build? seems interesting

@Zawn.9647 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I'm still surprised I never see anyone running the build that I use with my Holo. By no means am I suggesting it's the best but, it's
so
absurdly tanky and capable of doing a
lot
of damage I would figure others would have come to the same build conclusion by now.

Coolant Blast is no joke and imo, underrated. Not only does it reduce incoming damage and heal for
a lot
over time, it's a blast finisher that can be used to grant Light Aura with Hard Light Arena. It's Toolbelt skill can also remove up to
SIX
conditions.With Anticorrosion Plating and Energy Amplifier, Hard Light Arena repeatedly cleanses conditions, increases your Healing Power, offers access to Light Field for Light Aura and grants Fury. The Toolbelt skill, as many already know, is also extremely strong.Photon Wall is great for going offensive while blocking and can also do heaps of damage if you prefer to release it on top of someone. If you're full glass, this skill is actually pretty disgusting.Also, with Enhanced Capacity Storage unit, your sword damage gets buffed a ton and you stack Might like crazy. Auto attacks from sword can go as high as 8k if you've got enough Might and Heat built up.Then you have even more damage reduction from Spectrum Shield and Iron Blooded on top of near perma-Protection uptime, high condition cleanse, heal over time from Coolant Blast... Like, lol. I'm a pretty bad Holosmith in all honesty. It doesn't really click with me, but I do enjoy it. And with this build I've been able to
easily
1vX and just facetank stuff and mash buttons and win.

do you have videos with that build? seems interesting

Unfortunately I don't. I use it mostly for zerging since it doesn't have much mobility for roaming, which is it's major weak point. It's extremely resilient to both condition and power damage as well as being able to do a lot of damage thanks to modifiers and easy Might stacking. But because it's a little sluggish, I don't often use it when I'm solo.

Still, I think a better player could make it work very well. I'm not a very great Holo unfortunately but because this build carries me pretty hard, I could imagine how strong it would be in more capable hands.

EDIT: There is a video I watched a long time ago that was the inspiration for this build. It isn't the same as the one I shared, but it's very similar if you want to check it out (P.S. This is not my video).

Decent build for groupfights, but other "roamers" will outrun/kite it.Kinda lacks the CC provided from rifle, but obviously its an intentional choice to go for defense with s/shield instead.Id prefer Marauder armor for the additional health, and maybe get a few trinkets in with armor and rest zerker. atleast thats my "sweetspot" gearwise, i kinda want the additional health.Also i prefer 40%dodge food over dmg reduction to be able to vent a bit more and dodge cc/burst

Archived