First ascended gear help.

smoker.6731

Hello,I have been playing this game for quite some time now and I have done level 80 on necro (my first character) and reached 23 Mastery Points. And I was planning to make atleast 1 ascended gear. So yesterday, I did 500 level on Tailoring and looking forward to craft Yassith's Doublet my first item. But while I was asking other people in Lion Arch, they suggest not to go for directly Yassith's, rather make something cheaper and convert it into Mystic Forge.Well, I am stuck there, I am not sure what cheapest stuff I should go for and how to convert it. Also took help of gw2efficiency, which showed me Nerashi's Doublet is the cheapest (54G) and Yassith's Doublet is around 59G, and I am only considering chest piece as of now.

Anyone who can guide me would very much appreciated.Thank you.

Yassir(Viper) is easy and cheaper to make if you spend some time on HoT maps. But given you are new to game cheapest would be making shaman https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zintl_armor

How to change starts https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing Note you need exotic insignia to change stats, not ascended.

But wait to get the viper exotic insignia you must have Exalted mastery to trade with vendor. Make sure u have ithttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exalted_Mastery_Vendor

First off, good job on checking GW2eff first.

Now on to the subject at hand: the cost of crafting ascended gear has evened out a lot over the last years. The actual gold cost between items is not as different as it used to be. That's something to remember unless this changes again. If you factor in the approximately 10 gold of materials per item for converting stats, most stats come out similar cost wise.

That is only looking at gold though, not any other materials or recepies you might have to acquire. In case of Yassith gear, you are looking at 75 Fulgurite (1 Fulgurite = 1 Obsidian Shard, 1 Bottle of Airship Oil, 1 Pile of Auric Dust and 1 Ley Line Spark) per item , that's 450 Fulgurite for an entire set.

Now add in the recepie for the exotic Insignia with another 250 Lump of Aurilium (required anyway since you need the exotic insignia to change stats) and the recepie for the ascended insignia for another 600 Lump of Aurilium, and you notice that crafting Yassith gear directly can be very annoying.

The rest was explained nicely by phs.6089 and figured out yourself. Pick the cheapest easy to craft ascended gear, get the Viper exotic Insignia recepie, convert the item at the mystic forge.

If you're planning on swapping stats with the Mystic Forge, start crafting Rabid gear. It's one of the cheapest stats to craft and it can save you a lot of gold. If you've been saving leather, wood, silk, ore, empyreal fragment, pile of bloodstone dust and dragonite ore then you should be fine for the most part. The last three are the most important because it will require you to farm in the Silverwastes to farm those items.

Also if you reach the final daily login reward, the one that allows you to select mystic clovers, legendary items etc, select the one for ascended crafting. It will save you a lot of leather and other materials. When it comes to buying items on the trading post, search both materials, that is if you need to craft cured thin leather section, check the price on the total amount of thin leather section needed for crafting and check the price on the cured section itself. Sometimes the cured sections cost less than the non cured sections.

Summarizing the points above:

• There are no meaningful gold cost savings found by crafting one stat and reforging to another.
  • There remain two other types of savings
    • Local mats are required for ascended HoT stats (notably Viper's, Minstrel's, Commander's, Marauder's, Trailblazer's); this can be avoided by reforging from something basic.
    • Some recipes are costly, especially since crafting requires knowing both the recipe for the specific item and the insignia/inscription.

Turning this into specific advice:

• If you already know the recipes and own the mats, craft directly.
  • If you don't know the recipes, you can save by reforging what you can craft to new stats (unless you plan on making more than two of the same item)
  • For HoT-specific stats, if you don't own fulgurite (or have other uses for it), you can avoid farming its constituent mats by reforging.

Popular choices for cheaper alternatives are:

• Core stats of Hronk's (Magi's) & Mathilde/Morbach (Dire)
  • PoF stats of The Twin's (Grieving) (since it uses Intact Mosaics, which are currently cheap).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Summarizing the points above:

• There are no meaningful gold cost savings found by crafting one stat and reforging to another.
  • There remain two other types of savings
    • Local mats are required for ascended HoT stats (notably Viper's, Minstrel's, Commander's, Marauder's, Trailblazer's); this can be avoided by reforging from something basic.
    • Some recipes are costly, especially since crafting requires knowing both the recipe for the specific item and the insignia/inscription.

Turning this into specific advice:

• If you already know the recipes and own the mats, craft directly.
  • If you don't know the recipes, you can save by reforging what you can craft to new stats (unless you plan on making more than two of the same item)
  • For HoT-specific stats, if you don't own fulgurite (or have other uses for it), you can avoid farming its constituent mats by reforging.

Popular choices for cheaper alternatives are:

• Core stats of Hronk's (Magi's) & Mathilde/Morbach (Dire)
  • PoF stats of The Twin's (Grieving) (since it uses Intact Mosaics, which are currently cheap).

Thank you. With your help and others, I finally able to craft zintl doublet and was able to convert it to viper. Getting viper insignia was a very hard task. Many stuff i could able to craft once per day, so I went ahead and bought few items which cost like hell, something 22g for insignia. Now I know how to use mytic forge. Well, now I understand, why everyone keep saying it will take quite a long time to gear full ascended.

@"smoker.6731" Glad you got it all sorted out (and figured out the forge, too :) ).Now that you've done it once, future items will be easier to sort out.

You can recoup some of your costs from spending on the TP by continuing to do your daily crafts even after you're done and becoming one of the sellers (depending on how aggressive you are at pricing and how good at timing, you can recoup anywhere from 65% to earning a small profit). For example, make your own ascended dowels to sell. A good resource for figuring out what's profitable is GW2 BLTC (e.g. type in "spiritwood plank" or "glob of elder spirit residue")

Welcome to ascended gear. :)

Archived