Patiently awaiting for my Aurene Mounts. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Patiently awaiting for my Aurene Mounts.

Waiting for Aurene mount skins like:

Or a Horse / Pegasus / Unicorn/ Dragon mount would be fine too. HINT HINT ;)

Comments

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm still suspecting Aurene is gonna learn crystal cloning, and we'll get that as a mount skin.

• yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

I don’t like Aurene and I don’t want to ride on her. Would be cool she sacrifices herself to defeat Kralkatorrik.

• @Danikat.8537 said:
    I dyed the branded mounts to be Aurene themed. (My story is she accidentally branded them when saving Amnoon and they were going to be put down, but because Aurene did it they obey her and she likes me so vicariously they like me.)

On the topic of Aurene as a mount: I think it's highly unlikely we'll ever just get an Aurene skin for the griffon (or any other mount) because it would be really weird and immersion breaking to have dozens of her around. Plus it just doesn't seem like something Anet would do. Most of the cosmetics we get, especially mount skins, are originals, not copies of existing NPCs.

But I'll also be very surprised if we never get to ride her during a story instance, and I hope it's a large, open area so it's worth going back to repeat it/explore.

I LOVE THE ROLE PLAY! :D thats awesome :+1:

• Patience? HA!!! STOP TEASING US ANET!!! WE KNOW IT'S COMING!!!! I saw that motion Aurene was doing at the end of the trailer, using the griffon idle animation!!!!! Now, what colors should I use for my FUTURE Aurene mount skin....

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    I dyed the branded mounts to be Aurene themed. (My story is she accidentally branded them when saving Amnoon and they were going to be put down, but because Aurene did it they obey her and she likes me so vicariously they like me.)

On the topic of Aurene as a mount: I think it's highly unlikely we'll ever just get an Aurene skin for the griffon (or any other mount) because it would be really weird and immersion breaking to have dozens of her around. Plus it just doesn't seem like something Anet would do. Most of the cosmetics we get, especially mount skins, are originals, not copies of existing NPCs.

But I'll also be very surprised if we never get to ride her during a story instance, and I hope it's a large, open area so it's worth going back to repeat it/explore.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing .... I really doubt she will be a skin. If she is actually done as a mount she would not be a reskin of a griffon but a new mount and the skins would be variations of how she could look.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• @KronosBaelfire.6289 said:
    Patience? HA!!! STOP TEASING US ANET!!! WE KNOW IT'S COMING!!!! I saw that motion Aurene was doing at the end of the trailer, using the griffon idle animation!!!!! Now, what colors should I use for my FUTURE Aurene mount skin....

Yea Aurene uses same animation as Griffon when in idle mode, it was first seen in Sandswept Isles. I know its coming EVEN IF ITS A COLLECTION IM READY FOR IT. Just like a Crack in the Ice when you had to do collection for Gift of Aurene. That was actually fun.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    1. She'll eventually get to big
    2. There's only one Aurene, meaning every time someone mounts up, the other gets dismounted (midair).
    3. It woulda break the game if we could fly

That's the other reason I hope it will happen in a story instance - that way they could give us true flight without it breaking the game. And that way in terms of lore and the plot it would be a one-off, with appropriate circumstances to explain why she allowed us to ride her, but those of us who want to could go back and replay it whenever we want. It wouldn't be as fun as being able to fly her anywhere in the game, but it also wouldn't be as lore-breaking or game-breaking.

(Alternatively someone could make a decent Pern game and then I can stop looking for other games to let me have a dragon...but that seems less likely at this point.)

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Majic.4801Majic.4801 Member ✭✭✭

I'm on board with this, but only if we can also have a Kasmeer Raptor, a Taimi/Scruffy Skimmer, a Garm Jackal and a Rytlock Springer.

I'm patient. I can wait. ;)

"Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside. Always follow what is true." -- Sentry-skritt Bordekka
    "I am so much more important than whatever it is you're doing!" -- Explorer Hiffa
    "Harpy love hurts!" -- Shaman Shoba

• @Danikat.8537 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    1. She'll eventually get to big
    2. There's only one Aurene, meaning every time someone mounts up, the other gets dismounted (midair).
    3. It woulda break the game if we could fly

That's the other reason I hope it will happen in a story instance - that way they could give us true flight without it breaking the game. And that way in terms of lore and the plot it would be a one-off, with appropriate circumstances to explain why she allowed us to ride her, but those of us who want to could go back and replay it whenever we want. It wouldn't be as fun as being able to fly her anywhere in the game, but it also wouldn't be as lore-breaking or game-breaking.

(Alternatively someone could make a decent Pern game and then I can stop looking for other games to let me have a dragon...but that seems less likely at this point.)

Oh, I read and loved that series as a teen! I would totally play a Pern game!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:
    Talk about immersion breaking, Shes not a pet, or a minion.

You are right, she is a Mini and a Backpack.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

We will ride Aurene in the story
    But as a mount?
    We''ll see ;)

• Adult dragons have minions. So maybe minion mounts in her style?

• got 1,000g laying around? Griffon was pennies compared to what's coming.

I'm The DEVIL.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting for my Watchwork mounts....

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Story instance -> Yes, it will happen 100%. It doesn't hurt her pride or anything to carry the person she is bonded to, it's a privilege for her

Outside of that.. nah.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• @Tzarakiel.7490 said:
    As the commander you are the closest thing Aurene has to a living parent/guardian and you want to ride her like a mount? That's just wrong.

GIDDY UP AURENE YAAA YAA !! SMITE PREEMORDUSS AND JERRMAGG!

• Theres so much immersion breaking going on in the game already. Anet doesn't care about your immersion breaking, they are a business that cares about their player base and their MONEY. And if mounts are a means of them making MONEY they will definitely consider an Aurene MOUNT if it makes them MONEY. and i have MONEY that i want to spend on MOUNTS outside of MOUNT GATE

• If they do make Aurene Mount / Collection. They have to go all out. Have Aurene have different idle animations from Griffon mount; and often times Aurene will grunt or growl and your player will respond (kinda like Revenant players responding to their stances; I.E Glint or Jalis). I'd buy that for 3000 gems.

• ALSO Aurene Engage skill from ground will do a fire blast/ fire breath attack. Yea that'd be dope.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

Outside of maybe a small step in the story, I don't want Aurene as a mount. What I want is for her to take over from Kralk, and then give me the Shatterer to use.

I can't wait to park him in LA. And I'll let him eat anyone I see carrying Bifrost, and maybe he'll turn all rainbow colored.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:
    Outside of maybe a small step in the story, I don't want Aurene as a mount. What I want is for her to take over from Kralk, and then give me the Shatterer to use.

I can't wait to park him in LA. And I'll let him eat anyone I see carrying Bifrost, and maybe he'll turn all rainbow colored.

At least you wouldn't forget where you parked.

"I think that's our enormous dragon next to the bank."

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

@brenda.9723 said:
    I hope we will not get a skin that is usable in open-world PVE. Because that would totally break her character. She is a dragon, not a random pet.

I don't really care either way but being a dragon isn't really a reason to me. I think of the Pern books, or GoT where dragons are ridden and wonder why it's considered taboo. I expect us to ride her at some point in the story but I do agree it would be odd to see everyone riding around on her in LA.

885k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

gonna get me some salt chips for maximum salt tommorrow

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• This pic made my day :)

When life knocks you down ... Rollover and look at the Stars

• @Purgatori.3645 said:
    This pic made my day :)

<3 :)

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pifil.5193 said:
    At least you wouldn't forget where you parked.

"I think that's our enormous dragon next to the bank."

Yeah, except which dragon as there would be several of them parked there.

If ever there is a dragon skin for a griffon mount (which I totally disagree with as they are two different body structures), then everyone will complain that the dragon doesn't properly fly.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• I just don't want too many mounts in game. I really like that they all have a very specific roll. The beetle was kind of pushing it but it's fun, so I'll give it a pass. I think we've got room for maybe one or two more. Should not be a named character from the story though, imo.

• I'm firmly in the not-Aurene camp.

BUT

If you could do it like the Aviator's Memory Box, so that you could be riding Aurene but everybody else with an Aurene mount just looked like a standard griffon rider...that might be acceptable.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.