Patiently awaiting for my Aurene Mounts.

Hadi.3167

I dyed the branded mounts to be Aurene themed. (My story is she accidentally branded them when saving Amnoon and they were going to be put down, but because Aurene did it they obey her and she likes me so vicariously they like me.)

EaQsvwPh.jpg

On the topic of Aurene as a mount: I think it's highly unlikely we'll ever just get an Aurene skin for the griffon (or any other mount) because it would be really weird and immersion breaking to have dozens of her around. Plus it just doesn't seem like something Anet would do. Most of the cosmetics we get, especially mount skins, are originals, not copies of existing NPCs.

But I'll also be very surprised if we never get to ride her during a story instance, and I hope it's a large, open area so it's worth going back to repeat it/explore.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I dyed the branded mounts to be Aurene themed. (My story is she accidentally branded them when saving Amnoon and they were going to be put down, but because Aurene did it they obey her and she likes me so vicariously they like me.)

EaQsvwPh.jpg

On the topic of Aurene as a mount: I think it's highly unlikely we'll ever just get an Aurene skin for the griffon (or any other mount) because it would be really weird and immersion breaking to have dozens of her around. Plus it just doesn't seem like something Anet would do. Most of the cosmetics we get, especially mount skins, are originals, not copies of existing NPCs.

But I'll also be very surprised if we never get to ride her during a story instance, and I hope it's a large, open area so it's worth going back to repeat it/explore.

I LOVE THE ROLE PLAY! :D thats awesome :+1:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I dyed the branded mounts to be Aurene themed. (My story is she accidentally branded them when saving Amnoon and they were going to be put down, but because Aurene did it they obey her and she likes me so vicariously they like me.)

EaQsvwPh.jpg

Yes, I was thinking the same thing .... I really doubt she will be a skin. If she is actually done as a mount she would not be a reskin of a griffon but a new mount and the skins would be variations of how she could look.

@"KronosBaelfire.6289" said:Patience? HA!!! STOP TEASING US ANET!!! WE KNOW IT'S COMING!!!! I saw that motion Aurene was doing at the end of the trailer, using the griffon idle animation!!!!! Now, what colors should I use for my FUTURE Aurene mount skin....

Yea Aurene uses same animation as Griffon when in idle mode, it was first seen in Sandswept Isles. I know its coming EVEN IF ITS A COLLECTION IM READY FOR IT. Just like a Crack in the Ice when you had to do collection for Gift of Aurene. That was actually fun. 8xAWVsK.jpg

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

1. She'll eventually get to big
  2. There's only one Aurene, meaning every time someone mounts up, the other gets dismounted (midair).
  3. It woulda break the game if we could fly

That's the other reason I hope it will happen in a story instance - that way they could give us true flight without it breaking the game. And that way in terms of lore and the plot it would be a one-off, with appropriate circumstances to explain why she allowed us to ride her, but those of us who want to could go back and replay it whenever we want. It wouldn't be as fun as being able to fly her anywhere in the game, but it also wouldn't be as lore-breaking or game-breaking.

(Alternatively someone could make a decent Pern game and then I can stop looking for other games to let me have a dragon...but that seems less likely at this point.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

1. She'll eventually get to big
  2. There's only one Aurene, meaning every time someone mounts up, the other gets dismounted (midair).
  3. It woulda break the game if we could fly

That's the other reason I hope it will happen in a story instance - that way they could give us true flight without it breaking the game. And that way in terms of lore and the plot it would be a one-off, with appropriate circumstances to explain why she allowed us to ride her, but those of us who want to could go back and replay it whenever we want. It wouldn't be as fun as being able to fly her anywhere in the game, but it also wouldn't be as lore-breaking or game-breaking.

(Alternatively someone could make a decent Pern game and then I can stop looking for other games to let me have a dragon...but that seems less likely at this point.)

Oh, I read and loved that series as a teen! I would totally play a Pern game!

@"Danikat.8537" said:(Alternatively someone could make a decent Pern game and then I can stop looking for other games to let me have a dragon...but that seems less likely at this point.)

I believe Horizons (now renamed to something something Istaria) still exists. In that game you can play a dragon as one of the zillion PC races, you start as a hatchling and go through some long epic quests to do a couple of stages of growth to full Ancient Dragon. Your size goes up and you get flight. Now, do I recommend the game otherwise? Not so much, it's pre-WoW and I doubt they've redone the engine or graphics. But hey, dragon.

I'm somewhat in the no-Aurene-mount camp myself. A different dragony skin maybe, could be explained by Aurene having the power to make a construct for you or something. But it just won't look right for a bunch of Aurenes to be soaring around, not to me, and I'm generally fine with all sorts of odd skins in this game (I didn't even have a problem with the flamekissed T3 human cultural armor for everyone). I think it's rubbing me the wrong way because it feels similar to RP'ing that a major canon character is your lover or you are one of the setting's top government officials and demanding that all the random RPers around you accept your version. There's only one Aurene, her lore is established, so seeing duplicates with each one going "I have the unique Aurene here" would be jarring.

Archived