[Suggestion] Tools to Organize our Miniatures

Hamfast.8719

At last count, there were something like seven thousand mini pets in the game. Okay, okay... it's the weekend and I don't count so well on my day off. I actually lost track after 8. But there are a LOT.

I personally have only 45 miniatures in my wardrobe (with several more sitting un-added in my storage, including at least 16 Queen Jennahs). I don't think this is a huge amount, yet my collection still scrolls off the bottom of my window. My favorites are scattered, making it hard to find them. And I have others that I don't remember having added to my wardrobe, that I would just as soon like to delete or hide.

We need TOOLS for organizing our mini-pets! This is something that should have happened long ago. Since there are so many miniatures, we'll need something more powerful than the short "Favorites" list available for dyes. Although a Favorites list would still be welcomed as long as it were per character.

At the VERY LEAST, I think we need to be able to right-click a mini in our wardrobe and get choices to "MOVE TO FRONT OF LIST" and "MOVE TO END OF LIST". That way we could effectively put our favorites at the top, and ones we want to hide at the bottom. "MOVE UP IN LIST" and "MOVE BACK IN LIST" would be much-welcomed companion commands to nudge a mini one space forward or backward.

(Dare I suggest DRAG 'N' DROP sorting? Be still, my heart!)

Maybe some folks would like to see "SORT A-Z" or "SORT Z-A". Maybe others would like to sort by some "type", like we do with dyes (Animal Minis / Monster Minis / NPCs / Other). Or "Sort by Date Acquired", etc.

If anyone else can think of other features they'd like to see, let's hear from you!

I'd love a way to categorise them. I often want to use, for example, a golem mini, but they're scattered all over the list and don't all have golem in the name so the search function doesn't help.

Even if it was just general categories like 'People', 'Monsters', 'Objects' (like the Pact Airship and Corsair Sloop) etc. it would help narrow it down and make it easier to find one I want without remembering the name. A way to manually organise them would be even better (I have literally hundreds so it would take ages to organise them, but once it's done it would be really useful.)

On a related note I'd also love a random mini function which changes the one you have out automatically each time you go through a loading screen or it's otherwise re-loaded.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Dyes have a favorites. They could do the same with miniatures.

That would be a slight improvement, but wouldn't really help me.

I collect minis, getting as many as I can. I haven't counted in a while and I'm not in-game now to check but last time I did it was over 300. And the reason for that is I genuinely enjoy using (almost) all of them. There are very, very few I don't want to use (mainly the spiders) so a favourites list wouldn't really achieve much. I could push the ones I definitely don't want to the bottom but the rest would be just as jumbled as they are now.

I dunno why we haven't the same system that allow any commander to arrange his squad applied to any slot inventory/listings... just like you can drag and drop any mini and put her at the bottom and the ones you like at the top! Just add to that, the system of favorites from dyes and it should be okay? Or more easier, copy-paste dye system, but dyes are minis.

@"Hamfast.8719" said:At last count, there were something like seven thousand mini pets in the game. Okay, okay... it's the weekend and I don't count so well on my day off. I actually lost track after 8. But there are a LOT.

I personally have only 45 miniatures in my wardrobe (with several more sitting un-added in my storage, including at least 16 Queen Jennahs). I don't think this is a huge amount, yet my collection still scrolls off the bottom of my window. My favorites are scattered, making it hard to find them. And I have others that I don't remember having added to my wardrobe, that I would just as soon like to delete or hide.

We need TOOLS for organizing our mini-pets! This is something that should have happened long ago. Since there are so many miniatures, we'll need something more powerful than the short "Favorites" list available for dyes. Although a Favorites list would still be welcomed as long as it were per character.

At the VERY LEAST, I think we need to be able to right-click a mini in our wardrobe and get choices to "MOVE TO FRONT OF LIST" and "MOVE TO END OF LIST". That way we could effectively put our favorites at the top, and ones we want to hide at the bottom. "MOVE UP IN LIST" and "MOVE BACK IN LIST" would be much-welcomed companion commands to nudge a mini one space forward or backward.

(Dare I suggest DRAG 'N' DROP sorting? Be still, my heart!)

Maybe some folks would like to see "SORT A-Z" or "SORT Z-A". Maybe others would like to sort by some "type", like we do with dyes (Animal Minis / Monster Minis / NPCs / Other). Or "Sort by Date Acquired", etc.

If anyone else can think of other features they'd like to see, let's hear from you!

Some tags would help, so the search function is more effective.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Dyes have a favorites. They could do the same with miniatures.

That doesn't solve the problem, but it would help alleviate it a bit.

This would definitely be helpful and an important first step to larger goals. Specifically:

1. Organize minis.

2. Allow simultaneous deployment of multiple minis.

3. Give minis combat ability with stats equal to their full-sized counterparts.

4. Conquer world.

You know it's just a matter of time...

I think it would make a whole lot of sense if the minis unlocked on the account could be used to populate the home instance(s). We can see that the technology to do this is there with the stray cats. Not only would this add a lot of customization options to make the home instance feel more personal, it would also add value to unlocking the minis which are currently so featureless as to be little more than ticking a box in the wardrobe for completionists.

It would also be reminiscent of the Devotion feature found in the GW1 HoM. If we could get things like weapon racks to show off our favorite skins and stuff like that, it would make these instances feel a lot more like a home. I guess we will see what kind of features will show up in the new Sunspear Sanctuary thing. But I hope this sort of customization is either already in or doable in the near future.

Apparently I massively under-estimated the number of minis I have. Current count: 484. And when I get around to it I could easily add another 30 to that, but I've been distracted with other things lately.

Seriously this would be really helpful, even if it was just grouping them by general types to narrow down searching when we can't remember the name or want a kind of mini rather than a specific one.

@Leablo.2651 said:I think it would make a whole lot of sense if the minis unlocked on the account could be used to populate the home instance(s). We can see that the technology to do this is there with the stray cats. Not only would this add a lot of customization options to make the home instance feel more personal, it would also add value to unlocking the minis which are currently so featureless as to be little more than ticking a box in the wardrobe for completionists.

That would be incredibly awesome. B)

@Leablo.2651 said:I think it would make a whole lot of sense if the minis unlocked on the account could be used to populate the home instance(s). We can see that the technology to do this is there with the stray cats. Not only would this add a lot of customization options to make the home instance feel more personal, it would also add value to unlocking the minis which are currently so featureless as to be little more than ticking a box in the wardrobe for completionists.

It would also be reminiscent of the Devotion feature found in the GW1 HoM. If we could get things like weapon racks to show off our favorite skins and stuff like that, it would make these instances feel a lot more like a home. I guess we will see what kind of features will show up in the new Sunspear Sanctuary thing. But I hope this sort of customization is either already in or doable in the near future.

I have over 600 minis so I wouldn't really want that many running around my home instance. If it were optional, sure.

Archived