Game crashed once, then graphics are weird

Carphil.8520

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can come up with a solution to this problem, I apreciate in advance. I 'm not very good with computers, so I could not fix this by myself.Basically the game crashed once, then after I logged in again, its acting all weird. the screen its flickering and the colors are fading. For instance one of my characters wears balthazar outfit, the one with flames, and the flames doesn't appear anymore.

I've looked around in the internet and I tried some fixes, like the -repair command, and changing the screen resolution, neither worked.

Anyone had similar problems or knows the solution? Thanks in advance

if it's your gpu, you should be having issues all around, not just gw2. maybe on other games? specially graphical intensive ones? same issue maybe? something similar maybe? mind you, flickering, fading can be symptoms encountered on loose video cables, bent pins, wires, broken video ports, etc. gw2 also has an issue with low memory/bad memory computers that it'll just stop rendering some graphical effects which might explain the balthazar outfit. but sadly yes, gpu hardware breakdown is a potential. probably worst scenario.

Flickering screen suggests something outside the game. Among the things you can try that are free:

• With the computer off, unplug all your video cable and replug.
  • Try any other monitor.
  • Try replacing the video cables.
  • If you are comfortable opening the computer (after you have turned it off and unplugged its power cable), you can "reseat" the graphics card. (Remove it, put it back.) If you aren't comfortable with it, maybe you have a 12-year-old niece who is good with tech that can manage it for you.

If any of the above works, awesome. If not, then you have to start trying fancier options to rule out this or that.Start by running the game's diagnostic utility. (If you did a repair, then replace the -repair in the shortcut with -diagor make a new shorcut). That might or might not provide some indication.

Similarly, Windows itself has various troubleshooting tools. If you're running Win10, you can get Cortana to help you find them. (Notably, the DirectX diagnostic is a good place to start). Most GPU manufacturers have their own, more robust utilities, so start there if you know what they are called (or check your documentation, online, on disk, or manual).

Archived