Asuras go cross-eyed during the talk animation and it is adorable.

Mewcifer.5198

Do they go cross-eyed? I wonder why I never noticed that...

OkRewZe.jpg

Quint: And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'.

@"Hamfast.8719" said:Do they go cross-eyed? I wonder why I never noticed that...

OkRewZe.jpg

Quint: And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'.

Looks like a version of 2-d from gorillaz.And how do you get that cap, I thought it was only available to those that preorder and played the first week of the release?

Edit: Did not know that asuras go crossed eyed. Thanks, now I am going to have to pay attention to my character.

On average Asuras tend to be cute. They used to have an awkward teeter-tottery rifle animation when they side stepped but someone, within the space of the last few patches decided to take that away for a bland, action-man style side strafe animation instead. Dorky is their idiom, there was nothing wrong with it the way it was.

But aside from that, other than /talk possibly the best animation they have is for /surprised. Try it out.

@Iozeph.5617 said:On average Asuras tend to be cute. They used to have an awkward teeter-tottery rifle animation when they side stepped but someone, within the space of the last few patches decided to take that away for a bland, action-man style side strafe animation instead. Dorky is their idiom, there was nothing wrong with it the way it was.

I miss that animation so much! My asura is an engineer, so of course he uses a rifle all the time...I never noticed how much I loved that animation until it was gone and replaced by something so much more boring and stiff. Why did they take that away? D:

@Iozeph.5617 said:On average Asuras tend to be cute. They used to have an awkward teeter-tottery rifle animation when they side stepped but someone, within the space of the last few patches decided to take that away for a bland, action-man style side strafe animation instead. Dorky is their idiom, there was nothing wrong with it the way it was.

But aside from that, other than /talk possibly the best animation they have is for /surprised. Try it out.

I say we protest the change. hashtag Riflegate

actually.... need a better hashtag

@starlinvf.1358 said:

I wonder if we can just ask a dev about it. I'd want to know why they replaced it, or if the replacement was a random bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

@Batel.9206 said:

I wonder if we can just ask a dev about it. I'd want to know why they replaced it, or if the replacement was a random bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

I'll never unserstand the animation removals. Literally taking the personality right out of the game

Female Human and Norn STILL don't have their stretch idle animation back.

And Sylvari lost their staff idle animation iirc

@Magek.4718 said:Female Human and Norn STILL don't have their stretch idle animation back.Don’t mix them up, please!Norn women only had the hair brushing animation.Human women had the stretch and the dust/foot kicking animations, which got removed (not completely, though, since many NPC do the stretch animation) and got the hair brush animation instead.

@"Dewsitine.3645" said:

And how do you get that cap, I thought it was only available to those that preorder and played the first week of the release?

I preordered and played the first week of the release. (I participated in the beta weekends on both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2). I'm what they call an "old timer".

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@Magek.4718 said:Female Human and Norn STILL don't have their stretch idle animation back.Don’t mix them up, please!Norn women only had the hair brushing animation.Human women had the stretch and the dust/foot kicking animations, which got removed
(not completely, though, since many NPC do the stretch animation)
and got the hair brush animation instead.

No, I remember Norn had the stretch animation also

@Magek.4718 said:No, I remember Norn had the stretch animation alsoNo, they didn’t.Anyway. Rather than the idle animations, I would love the see the human female running animation been fixed. They had a nice and realistic jogging animation, but now, they brandish their arms and the hammerhead almost falls over her shoulder.

I remember very vividly that they did.

Like, it's still very fresh in my memory. Maybe you're not remembering correctly.

@Magek.4718 said:I remember very vividly that they did.Like, it's still very fresh in my memory. Maybe you're not remembering correctly.Show me one old video, where Norn women did the strech and/or foot kicking animation, and I’ll believe you. :wink:

With how difficult it is to find old videos the way the youtube algorithm is now, especially one with a very specific animation in it (And no one made idle animation videos, trust me, I just looked)

I'll just let you be wrong on this one. You don't have to believe me but I know I'm right on this because I distinctly remember Norn stretching by the repair anvil when I played EOTM in 2014.

@Magek.4718 said:

@Magek.4718 said:I remember very vividly that they did.Like, it's still very fresh in my memory. Maybe you're not remembering correctly.Show me one old video, where Norn women did the strech and/or foot kicking animation, and I’ll believe you. :wink:

With how difficult it is to find old videos the way the youtube algorithm is now, especially one with a very specific animation in it (And no one made idle animation videos, trust me, I just looked)

I'll just let you be wrong on this one. You don't have to believe me but I know I'm right on this because I distinctly remember Norn stretching by the repair anvil when I played EOTM in 2014.

I can prove @AllNightPlayer.1286 right.Here's an old video. Well, technically, it's a new video, but the content it covers was only available back in 2013/2014. It's the three-hour recap of Living World Season One.

!

Skip to 13:34. As the camera pans over the participants in the cutscene, look at Eir. She uses the current norn female idle animation - looking from side to side, then brushing her hair back. This was in 2013. Throughout the entire three-hour video, I can't find a single instance of a female norn using the stretch/foot-kicking animation, unless I'm missing something. [Edit: There is another part, at around the 2:14:00 mark, where the focus is on a female norn player character. She never does any idle animation except the "look from side to side, brush hair back" one. This took place in early 2014...actually, it'd be during the EOTM release.]I would have asked if the "norn" you saw was a human using the Embiggening tonic, but...that was only introduced in Living World Season Three. So I have no idea what you saw there. o_o

@"Batel.9206" said:Here's an old video. Well, technically, it's a new video, but the content it covers was only available back in 2013/2014. It's the three-hour recap of Living World Season One.

It’s lovely to see Queen Jennah doing the foot-kicking animation during a cutscene at 54:55. :heart:

But I also have to rectify one of my statements: In the same scene, Countess Anise does the hair brush animation. So, human females were using the current idle animation before—meaning they had three idle animations in total.

Norn women on the other hand only had one idle animation.

Archived