New Power/Condition Weaver PvP : Gameplay/Build/Guide

Lasiurus.4067

Been playing a bit off condi sw/d myself and having much more success with...wait for it....unravel! Prim stance>Gale earth>unravel>rusty earth and then if your tailored victory is up chain it with churning earth, as you know that's alot off bleeds. I like to play destroyers with berzerker runes myself.

Also strongly recommend sigil of doom over courage. 4-5 might vs. not only another damaging condition and healing reduction but also a cover condition - something the build clearly lacks.

Anyway, situational build, nothing new, solid and viable. Nowhere close to meta. Good to see videos though!

@Alatar.7364 said:That's a nice video.To be honest, I've always preferred Rune of the Traveler in my Sage Sword.

That does not sound like a good idea. You usually have perma swiftness for 40% running speed. :wink:

@Megametzler.5729 said:Also strongly recommend sigil of doom over courage. 4-5 might vs. not only another damaging condition and healing reduction but also a cover condition - something the build clearly lacks.

Anyway, situational build, nothing new, solid and viable. Nowhere close to meta. Good to see videos though!

@Alatar.7364 said:That's a nice video.To be honest, I've always preferred Rune of the Traveler in my Sage Sword.

That does not sound like a good idea. You usually have perma swiftness for 40% running speed. :wink:

I thought that too, but apparently everybody in this game runs faster. I keep checking every time and people seriously run faster than me with swiftness.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Also strongly recommend sigil of doom over courage. 4-5 might vs. not only another damaging condition and healing reduction but also a cover condition - something the build clearly lacks.

Thats a good idea for Sigil of Doom. Might be very strong for 1V1 & to add more Condition/Reduce Heal. Will test it over courage.But its only 1 stack of 5s, each 9s. On a single target. Can be easily cleansed. Versus 150 extra (nearly) perma free power & condition damage.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:5 responses and none of them are the usual "ele is trash and people who play it are trash bronzies" comments that the whole PvP subforum usually throws around...I'm impressed

Because no amount of response will stop you lot from posting these sad videos......at this point it'd be a waste of time in even trying, go on with your delusions

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:5 responses and none of them are the usual "ele is trash and people who play it are trash bronzies" comments that the whole PvP subforum usually throws around...I'm impressed

Because no amount of response will stop you lot from posting these sad videos......at this point it'd be a waste of time in even trying, go on with your delusions

hehehehe, Oh sweetheart, if only you knew....

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:5 responses and none of them are the usual "ele is trash and people who play it are trash bronzies" comments that the whole PvP subforum usually throws around...I'm impressed

No...I don't know any better indeed...I can't imagine what you or others can do on ele more than the dozen I met before who used the exact same build/traits ....unless you lot can manage to aoe range primordial stance or access to quadruple twist of fate...I don't know what you can do better.

I am sure that Luis Hamilton in a Fiat 1980 model would win a race against a F1 car when driven by a fresh driving license teen....that won't make the Fiat 1980 model competitive against F1 cars...but as I have said..do keep living in your own delusions

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:5 responses and none of them are the usual "ele is trash and people who play it are trash bronzies" comments that the whole PvP subforum usually throws around...I'm impressed

No...I don't know any better indeed...I can't imagine what you or others can do on ele more than the dozen I met before who used the exact same build/traits ....unless you lot can manage to aoe range primordial stance or access to quadruple twist of fate...I don't know what you can do better.

I am sure that Luis Hamilton in a Fiat 1980 model would win a race against a F1 car when driven by a fresh driving license teen....that won't make the Fiat 1980 model competitive against F1 cars...but as I have said..do keep living in your own delusions

Hehehe

Also I got a vid up too on the PvP horror story thread, some drunk game play... check it out if you actually believe your own bs. Its a D/D tempest build...

As for me giggling... Cello is a top tier player, just thought you should know ?

I find comments like yours just a reflection of personal skill followed up with sterotyping. Just your typical "if I cant then no one can" comment.

ele is trash and sage's is worse than previous patch's menders because it dies easily to any 1v2 where the other 2 people are power burst damage, especially deadeyes and revs that are everywhere these days

@LazySummer.2568 said:

ele is trash and sage's is worse than previous patch's menders because it dies easily to any 1v2 where the other 2 people are power burst damage, especially deadeyes and revs that are everywhere these days

Reminds me of the time when I 1v3ed Rifle DE, S/S Rev and Scourge with it...Anyway, disregarding the fact that those 3 obviously had no idea I still didn't meet any 2 who made that easy 1v2 happen unless I decided to facetank on Node.Only time when it's a problem is when one of them is a skilled Holo, but then again who doesn't have a problem with skilled Holo.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Reminds me of the time when I 1v3ed Rifle DE, S/S Rev and Scourge with it...Anyway, disregarding the fact that those 3 obviously had no idea I still didn't meet any 2 who made that easy 1v2 happen unless I decided to facetank on Node.Only time when it's a problem is when one of them is a skilled Holo, but then again who doesn't have a problem with skilled Holo.

I have problems with unskilled holo lmao ?

@Alatar.7364 said:

I'm sure everything becomes the reverse when you're playing against bads -- somehow a 1v3 is easier than a 1v1 and there's literally nothing in a sage build where it counters DE or Rev, especially not both of them at once, whereas the extra condi damage can be good against holo. It's k keep throwing around epic 1v3, 1v4 perma-evade sword weaver meme so balance team can nerf us some more until the whole class is on the same tier as renegade.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

I'm sure everything becomes the reverse when you're playing against bads -- somehow a 1v3 is easier than a 1v1 and there's literally nothing in a sage build where it counters DE or Rev, especially not both of them at once, whereas the extra condi damage can be good against holo. It's k keep throwing around epic 1v3, 1v4 perma-evade sword weaver meme so balance team can nerf us some more until the whole class is on the same tier as renegade.

Some people are better than others on the class as it takes quite a bit to learn it and not many have the frame of mind to practice until they get good...

It IS much easier to pick up a half baked meta class and build and be just as successful but not everyone has that golden spoon mentality...

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

Thats a good idea for Sigil of Doom. Might be very strong for 1V1 & to add more Condition/Reduce Heal. Will test it over courage.But its only 1 stack of 5s, each 9s. On a single target. Can be easily cleansed. Versus 150 extra (nearly) perma free power & condition damage.

Yepp, definitely situational. But it is great against spellbreakers and mirages, because they don't have that much cleanses. Thieves too, sometimes they waste their signet cleanse this way without getting rid of burning or bleeding. Useless against guards, weavers and most ranger builds though, yeah.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

Not saying sage's ele is good - but some 1on2s are definitely winnable. Power burst is tough for mender's too. +1ing thieves get really careful when they get some conditions on them. Ranger/mirage/spellbreaker + thief is definitely easier on sage's than on mender's because you can counterpressure. I played this build up into plat3 the other season - but yes, I still had to put in so - much - effort to be able to win against faceroll spellbreakers...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Some people are better than others on the class as it takes quite a bit to learn it and not many have the frame of mind to practice until they get good...

It IS much easier to pick up a half baked meta class and build and be just as successful but not everyone has that golden spoon mentality...

Some people know the limits of a particular class and prefers having options that allows for a more even fighting ground when it can be changed instead of being forced to play handicapped all the time and then proceed to cherry pick moments/experiences of winning against obviously lesser skilled players thinking it's some sort of grand achievement that should be bragged to others about while telling others to get good.

Archived