[Suggestions] Improved Commander Functionality

Hello all,There are a couple of improvements to the commander / squad leader role that I think could have a beneficial impact to the game. Here they are:

• Able set priority for all combo fields. So if fire field was first, any and all combo finishers would interact with that type of field before all others. This could be done with all of the combo field types in options. It would be awesome if we went a step further and had the ability to assign specific finishers to each field type.
  • Able to set party to party buffs within the squad. So if party 1 had the Heralds 10 target facet effect, the commander could set that buff and any others to be shared with party 2 if in range. If a person from party 1 was out of range then they could share their buffs with party 2.
  • A big marker (toggleable, color depends on tag color) showing which direction the commander is moving at any given time. The marker would be at the commanders feet and overwrite any combo field borders/ skill effects. This would be especially useful in WvW.
  • Another useful tool for WvW would be a number floater showing the approximate DPS of any and all combined pulsing enemy/ ally fields/ skills. Skills like meteor shower would be hard to calculate so maybe just leave them out (its easy to see anyway).

Well that's what I got, you guys got any ideas?

The first to seem to have impact on balancing/gameplay/whatskillsdo and will make squads with a commander superior to squads w/o one so I doubt this will fly. The second two mostly care about UI, markers and giving the squad or the commander more information to work with which should be ok.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:Hello all,There are a couple of improvements to the commander / squad leader role that I think could have a beneficial impact to the game. Here they are:

• Able set priority for all combo fields. So if fire field was first, any and all combo finishers would interact with that type of field before all others. This could be done with all of the combo field types in options. It would be awesome if we went a step further and had the ability to assign specific finishers to each field type.
  • Able to set party to party buffs within the squad. So if party 1 had the Heralds 10 target facet effect, the commander could set that buff and any others to be shared with party 2 if in range. If a person from party 1 was out of range then they could share their buffs with party 2.
  • The combo field might require some serious coding.
  • About the party share. So 1 Heralds could buff 50 players?

And if they add those options, why should they limit them only to commanders?

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:Hello all,There are a couple of improvements to the commander / squad leader role that I think could have a beneficial impact to the game. Here they are:
  • The combo field might require some serious coding.
  • About the party share. So 1 Heralds could buff 50 players?

And if they add those options, why should they limit them only to commanders?

No, 1 Herald can buff 10 people with traits. This new option allows the commander to assign which 5 man party gets that extra buff. I never said they should limit them to commanders, the first sentence states "commander / squad leader" but I would be open to it. It would take some work to implement and Anet should be payed for it.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:Dunno. Knowing when and what field to use is part of the game. The way buffs work are too part of the game and the strategy.So I'm against it.

Due to the nature of spam in this game, being able to have some control over 20 combo fields all going off at once seems like a good idea. Players shouldn't be punished for using combo fields when its very likely they will overwrite the desired one.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:Dunno. Knowing when and what field to use is part of the game. The way buffs work are too part of the game and the strategy.So I'm against it.

Due to the nature of spam in this game, being able to have some control over 20 combo fields all going off at once seems like a good idea. Players shouldn't be punished for using combo fields when its very likely they will overwrite the desired one.

Yeah the shouldn't be punished. They just need to learn how and when to use them.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

Yeah the shouldn't be punished. They just need to learn how and when to use them.

Such coordination isn't possible in zergs, or even in small groups.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Such coordination isn't possible in zergs, or even in small groups.

If they can't coordinate then they will be punished.

Archived