Any reason why the Revenant cannot see/sense the ones hiding in stealth?

Rico.6873

I like the idea it will be a nice counter to the invis mechanic haveing a class that can hard counter it...making the thf players be aware of the surounding alittle better instead of invis a teleporting all over the map freely. But it is a far fetch idea that will never happen. To much to code. This game is like a rock anything other then gemstore items is difficult to code into this game.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Rico.6873" said:Would make a nice counter and it would fit a theme(Starts smiling evilly)

Because they already can?

Scary enough, this is probably the best reveal skill in the game.

Even scarier if you take in consideration the fact that Herald has everything it needs to kill a thief. Like teleport and absurd burst.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@"Rico.6873" said:Would make a nice counter and it would fit a theme(Starts smiling evilly)

Even scarier if you take in consideration the fact that Herald has everything it needs to kill a thief. Like teleport and absurd burst.

I’m sorry but what a load of brahmin crap.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spear_of_Justice

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sight_beyond_Sight

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tainted_Shackles

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em!%22

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detection_Pulse

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22On_My_Mark!%22

Look at the range and sometimes ammo on those skills. Compare to Gaze of Darkness which is way more prone to fail due to short range.

To teleport to a thief with only sword 5 means you don’t even make use of your stealth abilities and rifle. To properly catch a thief if you have some luck and time it right you need to be in Shiro’s stance and use Phase Traversal which uses 30 energy (a lot, if you’re not aware) and has a 5 sec cd plus combo with Deathstrike. You can fail because the thief got back to stealth again or because shortbow 5 to infinity (immobility doesn’t even matter). To pull off this « absurd » and easily avoidable combo on foes with minimal common sense you need a big opportunity and luck.

Also switching to Shiro while in combat just to catch a thief is generally a bad idea. What if you get assaulted ? Can’t reswitch to glint and use Infuse Light. It’s a risky move. Meanwhile thief stays in the low risk/high reward tier and favours spammy gameplay with its class mechanics.

@Scar.1793 said:

Look at the range and sometimes ammo on those skills. Compare to Gaze of Darkness which is way more prone to fail due to short range.

To teleport to a thief with only sword 5 means you don’t even make use of your stealth abilities and rifle. To properly catch a thief if you have some luck and time it right you need to be in Shiro’s stance and use Phase Traversal which uses 30 energy (a lot, if you’re not aware) and has a 5 sec cd plus combo with Deathstrike. You can fail because the thief got back to stealth again or because shortbow 5 to infinity (immobility doesn’t even matter). To pull off this « absurd » and easily avoidable combo on foes with minimal common sense you need a big opportunity and luck.

Also switching to Shiro while in combat just to catch a thief is generally a bad idea. What if you get assaulted ? Can’t reswitch to glint and use Infuse Light. It’s a risky move. Meanwhile thief stays in the low risk/high reward tier and favours spammy gameplay with its class mechanics.

Ok, your comparison to make Gaze of Darkness look bad has kinda failed. Gaze of Darkness is an instant, compulsory skill that is in your stunbreak slot.

Some things that can be a drag:

• Dragonhunter & spear of Justice cast time
  • Spellbreakers slotting Sight Beyond Sight over combat utilities
  • Core Necro period
  • Scrapper & cast time on Detection Pulse
  • Warriors slotting On My Mark over combat utilities

One thing in common, all the aforementioned things are not great choices to use.

Sic' Em on Soulbeast is actually really worth the slot for the reason that it's a strong combat utility too.

Generally speaking here, making build choices purely for Reveal is pointless. Shadowmeld and the fact that you're gimping yourself is why. If you want to fight stealth users, you'll still benefit from taking a combat focused utility, but a reveal dedicated ability will often sit worthless

@Chaith.8256 said:

Ok, your comparison to make Gaze of Darkness look bad has kinda failed. Gaze of Darkness is an instant, compulsory skill that is in your stunbreak slot.

Some things that can be a drag:
  • Dragonhunter & spear of Justice cast time
  • Spellbreakers slotting Sight Beyond Sight over combat utilities
  • Core Necro period
  • Scrapper & cast time on Detection Pulse
  • Warriors slotting On My Mark over combat utilities

One thing in common, all the aforementioned things are not great choices to use.

Sic' Em on Soulbeast is actually really worth the slot for the reason that it's a strong combat utility too.

Generally speaking here, making build choices purely for Reveal is pointless. Shadowmeld and the fact that you're gimping yourself is why. If you want to fight stealth users, you'll still benefit from taking a combat focused utility, but a reveal dedicated ability will often sit worthless

As a whole, Gaze of Darkness is definitely not a bad skill - it pulses fury and is a 15s stunbreak + AoE blind.

But when you consider it as a reveal skill it is subpar. I'd much rather take most of those other reveal skills if I actually wanted to reveal someone.

I'd much rather turn down stealth access for some specs like Deadeye than rework any reveal skills though.

Archived