Problem with team chat in WvW

Tibicia.8315

I can't see anything anyone types in WvW team chat.

After testing with my husband and friend, just a few minutes ago, we found: If I am on the same map as another player they can see what I type in team chat. However, instead of my text being preceded by [RBL] or [bBL] it is proceeded by [T]. If I am on a different map than the other player, they can't see what I type, at all.

I only realized this Wednesday, and thought it might be related to the weird disconnects from earlier in the week. However, it's now Sunday, the connection issues have resolved, but my team chat is still strangely silent. It IS possible the problem started earlier than Wed., but I just thought my server-mates were being quiet. (I should have known better.)

...and before anyone asks the obvious, YES the box is checked (everyone asks that). I even created a "Team" only channel, but that doesn't work either.

I’m experiencing the same issue, noticed it yesterday and still occurring today. Have closed the tab & set up a new one, no change. Others can see if I type in team chat & I can see what I say, but I can’t see any other team chat comments, even from those I’m in party with. It’s very useful that I can’t see the idiot comments of some on our server but also very inconvenient to not know what’s going on. All other forms of chat are visible, just team chat missing.

Archived