And again, everything ends in farming gold

you want the fifth mount? Go get some items only from a vendor for 250g.you want your ascending profession weapons? Well have luck to get the right one ... or guess what? Spend 50g on Marketplace each.why changing the system from HoT? Why again everything has to end in farming gold?Let us play the maps to achieve something to buy/get stuff from a vendor with map currencies to finish the collections.i know the answers. gems, gold, creditcard.

and yeah. you want some bigger bags, because we throw thousand items in your inventory? ... guess what ...

Sad to reduce everything in this game to gold farming.

It's pretty easy after getting use to it to make gold. However right now selling mats are lower than usual so hold off before selling for gold. Hit silverwastes. And go for battle in tyria. And tequitl. Or hit off to do fractals to get gold or dungeons. Getting gold is fairly easy if u find ways to make gold.

@TexZero.7910 said:Gold is easy to come by and needs more things to spend it on.PoF understood this and is doing just fine. It's not hard to make money, play the game you'll have tons of gold to waste or not as both of those collections are entirely optional and players choice.

@blambidy.3216 same

read again. Thats not the point of my post. i have the griphon. No Problem. To get Items vom PoF you have not to play PoF and can play Silverwaste. Because you need gold. Thats my point.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:Gold is easy to come by and needs more things to spend it on.PoF understood this and is doing just fine. It's not hard to make money, play the game you'll have tons of gold to waste or not as both of those collections are entirely optional and players choice.

@blambidy.3216 same

read again. Thats not the point of my post. i have the griphon. No Problem. To get Items vom PoF you have not to play PoF and can play Silverwaste. Because you need gold. Thats my point.

You mean all those events you did for your griffon exist in SW now ?Seems like a fair bit of selective on how the items are obtained if you ask me.

Better than hots where you had to make a mystic weapon skin that required tons of mystic coins for all the collections. You get a free exotic weapon of your choice for the collection by doing the rare elonian weapon collection. These weapons are ver ycommon and cost like 25s on tp. After that just play thegame and they will come. I already got 3 of them

The game is out not even a month.Of course the market is scarce if these items.It will die down after most have the stuff unlocked out more people poured the new items in.

The gryphon it's supposed to be a gold sink to a degree. It's more or less an end game goal for the more casual out normal players. Not for the ones who have thousands of gold laying around.

The point -> .You -----------------------------------------------------------------------> \o/

HoT for example, had an armor set for each map that could be bought only with that map's currency, forcing players to stay on the maps and do events there if they wanted that specific set. Why do you think people still go back to do the HoT events even now?The same with dungeons, why do you think people still do them nowadays? For armor skins and runes that can be bought just with the respective dungeon tokens.

Everything starts with gold.

This is an mmorpg, what are you expecting? Gold is one of the main aspect of all mmorpg. I honestly haven't seen any mmorpg without any sort of currencies. Removing gold will just take away your freedom to play the game. So you want legendary items? you have to farm thousands of materials just to make them, i have no idea how long and tedious would that take tho, but i honestly do not want that.

You should be glad that everything is about gold farming because getting gold is fairly easy and has a lot of means, unlike when you have to farm for materials, your only means to do that is to kill mobs, strike nodes and they will all eventually become a chore.

If you're complaining that it's hard to farm gold or every end game contents are expensive. Well, those are meant to be long term goals, just enjoy the game by playing however you like instead of rushing it like a chore, unless if that's what you want of course.

Heck it's not just this game, even the real life is about gold farming.

@VaLee.5102 said:The point -> .You -----------------------------------------------------------------------> \o/

HoT for example, had an armor set for each map that could be bought only with that map's currency, forcing players to stay on the maps and do events there if they wanted that specific set. Why do you think people still go back to do the HoT events even now?The same with dungeons, why do you think people still do them nowadays? For armor skins and runes that can be bought just with the respective dungeon tokens.

Two armor sets on four maps.However you could convert currencies, so that was more manageable.Weapon sets are a bit annoying

@blambidy.3216 said:It's pretty easy after getting use to it to make gold. However right now selling mats are lower than usual so hold off before selling for gold. Hit silverwastes. And go for battle in tyria. And tequitl. Or hit off to do fractals to get gold or dungeons. Getting gold is fairly easy if u find ways to make gold.

How can you say "it's easy to make golds" then suggest to farm sw or events like teq when you need 15/20 mins + waiting into the specific map to save your spot for... 20 mins?I mean, we do have different ideas of "easy" or "fast".

A fast hypothetical everyday recap:

1. 20/40 min/day for teq ( 2g )
  2. 10/15 min day for 3 dailies ( 2g )
  3. silverwaste runs (10/15g / hour? but due to tp price drops could be way lower. and you'll have to befind enough ppl prepared with shovels ).

in order to achieve 250g you'll need to grind ( not play ), from 13 to 17 days, an average 2 hours per day.

Easy, yes. Everybody is able to make up golds.Fast, hell no.

Okay, after reading everyone's comment.

You know what? You have a very good point but you are not expressing it right. I suggest rereading your own post and see what's wrong and edit it for better clarity for the yet to come people.

On Topic:

I haven't fully explored PoF yet and i will not comment about things like it just started and there might be updates. So based with your post, POF doesn't have exclusive map currency that will require the players to play the map to get something. That is actually fine by me, as I do not wanted to be restricted by these, I actually don't like how i need to play HOT maps to make 2nd gen legendaries, however this is just my opinion.

@Shirlias.8104 said:in order to achieve 250g you'll need to grind ( not play ), from 13 to 17 days, an average 2 hours per day.Easy, yes. Everybody is able to make up golds.Fast, kitten no.

Fractals is an easy 20g a day for 40 minute maximum investment. That's before you take into account that this is done in steps meaning you dont dump 250g at once but 10 steps of 25g. 10 days of playing fractals and doing the PoF related content isn't long or grindy considering a pretty substantial portion of the playerbase does fractals on a regular basis as part of their daily interaction.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:in order to achieve 250g you'll need to grind ( not play ), from 13 to 17 days, an average 2 hours per day.Easy, yes. Everybody is able to make up golds.Fast, kitten no.

Fractals is an easy 20g a day for 40 minute maximum investment. That's before you take into account that this is done in steps meaning you dont dump 250g at once but 10 steps of 25g. 10 days of playing fractals and doing the PoF related content isn't long or grindy considering a pretty substantial portion of the playerbase does fractals on a regular basis as part of their daily interaction.

Due to the fact the opener criticize the cost, do you think that he is a fractal runner?I don't.

And remember that here we re talking about a standard mount, with specific movement skills.Something which should be a "must" for everybody.

Not a specific a nice skin you want to put on your weapon.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

Due to the fact the opener criticize the cost, do you think that he is a fractal runner?I don't.

And remember that here we re talking about a standard mount, with specific movement skills.Something which should be a "must" for everybody.

Except it is a niche mount that is 100% optional and done via a side story. It adds very little to gameplay aside from about 2 adventures per map.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

Except it is a niche mount that is 100% optional and done via a side story. It adds very little to gameplay aside from about 2 adventures per map.

Don't be silly, the mount ( and i am talking about game mechanics and time saved cause low WP ) is a must.If you can move better, or different somehow, then it's a must.

On wow you wouldn't need the + 30% extra movement speed.300% extra speed is not that different than 330%.Or is it?

That's the point.Also as somebody already wrote on the forum, it's only a gold sink with no difficult at all. Spend golds and you achieve, lawl.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

Don't be silly, the mount ( and i am talking about game mechanics and time saved cause low WP ) is a must.If you can move better, or different somehow, then it's a must.

On wow you wouldn't need the + 30% extra movement speed.300% extra speed is not that different than 330%.Or is it?

That's the point.Also as somebody already wrote on the forum, it's only a gold sink with no difficult at all. Spend golds and you achieve, lawl.

You don't move better on a griffin unless under very specific situations. That being, you're already at the highest point on the map & you have rank 3, otherwise you move at roughly the same speed as the Springer (The 2nd slowest mount). That means that a player who uses the jackal or raptor can move faster than you even with obstructions.

All of this makes it NICHE. It's only attraction is that it can fly. If you think flight is worth 250g congratulations!

@Shirlias.8104 said:I'd say this ends everything since you yourself said "under very specific situations provides a better choise of transportation".

Still doesn't make it a "must".

Just because it gives you better transportation doesn't make it a must buy. Infinite gathering tools offers better convenience over normal gathering tools, are they a must buy? nope they aren't.

It is only considered as a must if anything significant requires this item to be able to access. Raptor and Springer are must.

Archived