Upgrading AR without breaking the bank

cesmode.4257

Hi,Curious whats the cheapest and easiest way to upgrade my AR without breaking the bank? I only have 5 infusion slots available to me at the moment. (2 rings x 2 infusions, 1 weapon infusion). Working on getting more ascended weapons, and I guess eventually ascended gear.

So with the dozens of +1 AR infusions I get from completing fractals, I hit my storage limit in my bank, so Ive been selling them and making a nice profit nightly. At one point I was looking into crafting AR upgrades, but since AR costs Thermocatalytic Reagents, I calculated what the cost is per upgrade (relatively), and it was almost a wash. Buying the upgrades on the TP is quicker and pretty much the same cost.

What to do? Was I wrong about crafting, and should I look into it more? I looked into trading up from my +5 infusions to , say 7...and that is expensive too. I think it was 4 +5 infusions and well over a gold for one + 7 infusion. Thats not economically sound. Even if I took off all of my current +5 infusions, traded them all in for the +7, I now need to re-fill my empty infusion slots, spending more $$.

How do you guys do it?

@"zealex.9410" said:I would suggest u use gw2 efficiency to check prices of +1s and +9s as well as watching deroir's guide on infusion setup (granded it might be abit outdated in some areas but overall it gives u a good idea).

I watched the video but it doesn't explain the best method to go about obtaining those +7 and +9 infusions, etc...is it via crafting, purchasing off TP, upgrading in the mists?

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:You can make your rings to 6 infusion slotsDon't forget asc backpiece you get one or two (after upgrade)Do u need help to make your ring to 6 infusion slots?

I'm curious about this. I thought ascended rings could only have three at most, if you attuned/infused them?

Yes sorry I mean 6 for both rings

Archived