a few questions about damage reduction mods — Guild Wars 2 Forums

a few questions about damage reduction mods

Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 18, 2018 in Professions

are these calculated multiplicatively like damage done? is there a max cap?

Te lazla otstra.
nerf list

Comments

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is no maximum cap but it is multiplicatively-stacked as decimal values.

So stacking 50% and 33% = [damage] * .5 * .66... = .33...

This makes it exponentially more difficult to reduce damage to 0, though it's easy to still maintain large amounts of DR that can be out-sustained on a number of builds.

That said, negative condition duration effects are additive, so doing something like reaper's Relentless Pursuit in shroud (-66%) + Hoelbrak Runes (-20%) + Lemongrass Poultry Soup (-20%) makes the reaper be immune to chill, cripple, and immobilize with 40% condition duration reduction for everything else.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• yes it works multiplicatively, and i have no idea as to why the guy above is explaining negative modifiers.

Dancer - Elite Spec Concept for Mesmer

• alright thanks guys.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just remember its multiplicative on the previous damage value at each step. So 10% + 10% = +21% total damage; or (1000) * 0.1) * 0.1))) = 1210 dmg

This compounding effect translates to insanely high damage values when applied for output, but only "seems" less effective when applied to incoming damage as the numbers have the inverse version of this property.

• edited OP. sry for the confusion guys.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.