QoL change for adrenaline

cryorion.9532

I was thinking, why is it that adrenaline immediately starts to decrease after activating skills that provide adrenaline outside of combat.Wouldn't it be nice, if adrenaline didn't start to decrease immediately when gained out of combat?What about 3 seconds before adrenaline starts to decrease when gaining it outside of combat?

To the Limit, Signet of Fury and Berserker's Stance. There are more skills that give smaller amounts of adrenaline, but those 3 mentioned are most notable.Right before you get in combat, you can precast these skills to get adrenaline and start with level 3 adrenaline burst damages and trait buffs instead of 2 as now adrenaline starts to decrease immediately. It is just small QoL change.

It used to be like that...

They changed adrenaline back in 2014 i think..

Before that you could hold on to your adrenaline even out of combat for a long time. Anet didnt liked that and they changed it so out laide of combat it would decrease like fast.

Many warriors have asked Anet for a small (like 5sec) window before it starts to decrease but we never ever get a proper response on that.

(Fun part: at the same time they gave necros a starting lifesteal bar.. they normally had to start with zero in pvp. Now they are like 50% at start.. (lifebar/steal? Sorry never play necro)

But yes i find it pretty lame that we have mutiple skills to fill up adrenaline (like in raids) just to start with a burst.. i mean you freaking spend a utility skill on it.Just to see it be gone right away.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:It used to be like that...

Before that you could hold on to your adrenaline even out of combat for a long time. Anet didnt liked that and they changed it so out laide of combat it would decrease like fast.

Many warriors have asked Anet for a small (like 5sec) window before it starts to decrease but we never ever get a proper response on that.

(Fun part: at the same time they gave necros a starting lifesteal bar.. they normally had to start with zero in pvp. Now they are like 50% at start.. (lifebar/steal? Sorry never play necro)

But yes i find it pretty lame that we have mutiple skills to fill up adrenaline (like in raids) just to start with a burst.. i mean you freaking spend a utility skill on it.Just to see it be gone right away.

Don't forget holosmiths can build their forge outside of combat too, and get to keep it. Oh, and druids with their astral force thingy they get to keep outside of combat. There are allot of mechanics like the necro's lifeforce that they get to keep outside of combat, meanwhile we warrior's have to build it each time.

@Obtena.7952 said:It might be nice to have a few seconds before the decay starts but I don't think the baseline accumulation should gain it outside of combat. With the exception of some skills/traits that give you adrenline available outside of combat, the baseline gain should still be linked to attacks.

nobody asked for getting adrenalin with basic stuff, that way yoy could keep it maxed out at max with 11111 spam.all trey asked for was s decay delqy after using stuff like to the limit

I'd love to have the delay back for adrenaline. You ever get in a car accident, or end up in a dangerous situation? Your adrenaline is still pumping even after the event has passed. Or have you ever pumped yourself up before something big and important, you've got your adrenaline pumping. It would make total sense if it were to get the decay timer back it would fit how adrenaline feels/works in real life.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"nicknamenick.2437" said:It used to be like that...

Don't forget holosmiths can build their forge outside of combat too, and get to keep it. Oh, and druids with their astral force thingy they get to keep outside of combat. There are allot of mechanics like the necro's lifeforce that they get to keep outside of combat, meanwhile we warrior's have to build it each time.

While, neither Holo, Druid, Necro, or even Thief get their consistently biggest hitting attack as a no cost opener. If your'e gonna pull the "what about them" card, at least TRY to make a logical argument with it.

On a side note, burst are not always our biggest hitting attack. Only a few are in fact and some have conditions like health below 50% which is less likely to happen.

My biggest complaint is loosing adrenaline while in combat, just because I was not hit for 3 seconds...That too frequent situation when I am full adrenaline running to my next target and for some reason I don't get hit. By the time I hit my target, I have already lost some or most adrenaline. This is unacceptable...My only way to prevent this is throwing axe or sword when I can.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"nicknamenick.2437" said:It used to be like that...

While, neither Holo, Druid, Necro, or even Thief get their consistently biggest hitting attack as a no cost opener. If your'e gonna pull the "what about them" card, at least TRY to make a logical argument with it.

Archived