Any good PVE specs without Daredevil?

alexparris.3754

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of making thief my main through POF and need help with a spec that doesn't use daredevil. The reason for this is that I don't get much time to play and so won't have the time to go through HOT unlocking the spec for a long, long time.

I like using P/P so want that as a basis but I know the AOE on them is non existent for groups. What would be the best 2nd weapon set? Sw/P perhaps or SB? I find SB a little awkward to use at times outside of the teleport but will have to make do if it's the better option.

Cheers!

GMgYUCE.pngCopy this build and never look back.Enjoy your perma quickness, swiftness, vigor, fury & 25 stack strength till the end of time.Protip: take this build + destroyer food/steal life on crit food along with air sigil and frenzy sigil (bit overkill but you can opt for force instead) to ember bay with capped karmic infusion for the quickest karma farm ever.

@zell.3051 said:GMgYUCE.pngCopy this build and never look back.Enjoy your perma quickness, swiftness, vigor, fury & 25 stack strength till the end of time.Protip: take this build + destroyer food/steal life on crit food along with air sigil and frenzy sigil (bit overkill but you can opt for force instead) to ember bay with capped karmic infusion for the quickest karma farm ever.

Thanks for that. What 2nd weapon set do you use? I've not stepped foot into POF yet - does the new elite spec unlock quite quickly then?

@zell.3051 said:

@alexparris.3754 said:Cheers guys. I assume you are just taking zerker/assassins gear? Best armor runes?

Personally I run full zerkers with this build and use scholar runes 24/7. No point in investing into sustain if everything dies at 900 range.

Tried it last night. Bought full zerker armor with strength runes, air and force sigil in pistols and bloodlust and force in shortbow. Had almost full ascended zerker accessories and 1 valkyrie. It's absolutely insane! :dizzy:

I'm using deadly arts until I unlock deadeye, so I'm getting 10% damage extra over 50% health and 30% extra under 50%. The health on crit food is really helping - only had to swap to the trait that gives health on crit damage for one fight.

Cheers for this!

@alexparris.3754 said:

@zell.3051 said:

@alexparris.3754 said:Cheers guys. I assume you are just taking zerker/assassins gear? Best armor runes?

Personally I run full zerkers with this build and use scholar runes 24/7. No point in investing into sustain if everything dies at 900 range.

Tried it last night. Bought full zerker armor with strength runes, air and force sigil in pistols and bloodlust and force in shortbow. Had almost full ascended zerker accessories and 1 valkyrie. It's absolutely insane! :dizzy:

I'm using deadly arts until I unlock deadeye, so I'm getting 10% damage extra over 50% health and 30% extra under 50%. The health on crit food is really helping - only had to swap to the trait that gives health on crit damage for one fight.

Cheers for this!

You're welcome!

Trickery , Critical Strike, Deadeye. P/P.

With malice signet and 15% crit dm from damage, you can hardly ever die while pew pew enemies from afar.Best range class I've ever played.

Refreshed Deadeye mark triggers 2 initiative gain on steal, as well as swapping weapon gain 3 initiative.You'd hardly ever run outta of it, while most veterans can't do anything to you and quickly get pew pew down.

Edit: If you wanna hit 5 targets, staff seems to be the only choice..Rifle pierces but it's really a bad weapon, so maybe just shortbow then?

In terms of AoE I'm recently having a go with s/d swap+mercy and shadow flare. Several 4-s, a flare and a couple of cleanup autoattacks destroy pretty much every trash group that I've encountered in PoF. I wouldn't try to farm one mob train after another with this setup, but since it doesn't interfere with my core buid and offers me a solid 30s cd AoE instruments for these situations, I'm happy. Also, Its pretty fun and relatively safe due to cripple.

@Swag.5483 said:Hey Zell,

Could a guy run this build in low to mid tier fractals? Or would it lack cleave? Thoughts?

You could get away with it, but during fractals (if you aim isn't to do optimal damage) shortbow will do just fine against small groups of enemies and switching to p/p for the single fights/bosses.

Edit: keep in mind, you can still mark and remark after your target dies, even on shortbow. You'll near enough always have those buffs up.

@Aomine.5012 said:Trickery , Critical Strike, Deadeye. P/P.

With malice signet and 15% crit dm from damage, you can hardly ever die while pew pew enemies from afar.Best range class I've ever played.

Refreshed Deadeye mark triggers 2 initiative gain on steal, as well as swapping weapon gain 3 initiative.You'd hardly ever run outta of it, while most veterans can't do anything to you and quickly get pew pew down.

Edit: If you wanna hit 5 targets, staff seems to be the only choice..Rifle pierces but it's really a bad weapon, so maybe just shortbow then?

Taking invigorating precision (assuming that's what you meant with the 15%) over No Quarter will increase your survival but will drastically lower your might buildup from Assassin's Fury. Taking malice signet and lifesteal on crit food will be more than sufficient to sustain at 900 range.For AOE my pick will always be shortbow simply due to it's utility doubling as a get out of jail free card with infiltrator's arrow. It is also a great weapon to pull larger groups of enemies together and stacking bloodlust for when you switch back to p/p.

@zell.3051 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Trickery , Critical Strike, Deadeye. P/P.

Taking invigorating precision (assuming that's what you meant with the 15%) over No Quarter will increase your survival but will drastically lower your might buildup from Assassin's Fury. Taking malice signet and lifesteal on crit food will be more than sufficient to sustain at 900 range.For AOE my pick will always be shortbow simply due to it's utility doubling as a get out of jail free card with infiltrator's arrow. It is also a great weapon to pull larger groups of enemies together and stacking bloodlust for when you switch back to p/p.

Not really, with PP, you can keep on 25 might most of the time even with scholar.Ofc you if you're confident you'd never get hit or killed, change to the more dm option.

Excelsior.

Zell, I hope you have no phobia against floppy-eared midgets, because I have to give you a manly, friendly hug. With no backstabbing, I promise hug

Okay. That's enough.

I think I never critted that much before. I had more of a sustain build going on before so I could jump into the masses and survive, which worked so far in HoT and PP/DD, but of course, a sniper is like 100% of the other side of the spectrum. And you really pulled me out of a hole there. I feel so blind that I never considered that. Why would I not want to get might and rage (or whatever it is in English)? When critted 6 times in a row I opened the "H" menu and I have 90,58% crit now.

Now of course I can also fight with standing rifle 1 and kite with 4 due to the initiave pool and swiftness going on, and due to the crits I deal more than twice the damage. It's like a huge puzzle that finally makes sense. And I post that because it's EMBARRASSING that I did not realize it myself that I am running such a bullkitten stuff, so everybody can read this and facepalm, I deserve it, that was very, very Bookah!

@Zedek.8932 said:Excelsior.

Zell, I hope you have no phobia against floppy-eared midgets, because I have to give you a manly, friendly hug. With no backstabbing, I promise hug

Okay. That's enough.

I think I never critted that much before. I had more of a sustain build going on before so I could jump into the masses and survive, which worked so far in HoT and PP/DD, but of course, a sniper is like 100% of the other side of the spectrum. And you really pulled me out of a hole there. I feel so blind that I never considered that. Why would I not want to get might and rage (or whatever it is in English)? When critted 6 times in a row I opened the "H" menu and I have 90,58% crit now.

Now of course I can also fight with standing rifle 1 and kite with 4 due to the initiave pool and swiftness going on, and due to the crits I deal more than twice the damage. It's like a huge puzzle that finally makes sense. And I post that because it's EMBARRASSING that I did not realize it myself that I am running such a bullkitten stuff, so everybody can read this and facepalm, I deserve it, that was very, very Bookah!

Wow... I-I don't know what to say. You're welcome!Happy to help out.

Archived