Firebrand weapons

OlsenSan.2987

Sup guys,

Any better weapons for condi build than axe or scepter? ive been using scepter/torch, axe/torch, in a viper build, but I still dont like it. I think it is too slow to use the skills and dmg on 1,2,3 skills I find it too low on both weapons. There's any other weapons you guys use to use?

I am new to guardian, I use the same build recommended on snowcrows for condi firebrand.

Guardian, by design, tends to get most of its condition through Justice passive procs.

Because of this, if you want alternatives, look to weapons that can inflict a lot of strikes rapidly. My understanding is that sword is popular for this, since its autoattack routine is apparently faster than axe and thus results in more strikes (and Justice procs) overall. Zealot's Defence is usually good for a proc or two. Greatsword might also be worth considering for the number of procs you can get out of Whirling Wrath, but it probably still loses to sword or axe.

Against groups, you might consider weapons with significant area damage. Hammer (with its near-constant symbol) and the new staff could fit well here, especially if you can combine them with Permeating Wrath so that each Justice passive proc is burning the entire enemy group.

Note, though, that if you're not using axe, you're pretty much moving into Burning being your only damaging condition territory, which is one of the situations where it's worth considering Grieving stats and boosting burn duration through runes rather than Expertise.

All other weapons will give a DPS loss, but can be viable for other reasons. Sword has multiple fast attacks (and also 3 at once on the 3rd AA strike) so it works pretty well with Permeating Wrath, so it's an option if you want the mobility. Staff is half decent at ranged AOE situations with PW and Quickness but garbage for single target. GS can burst lots of PW procs but is very weak when 2/4 are on CD.

Basically you are giving up raw DPS over time in order for that weapon's other niche functions. If you want long term single target condi DPS though (eg, for bosses) there's no substitute for axe. Thus, none of them are viable as raid DPS but they are strong enough to use just situationally anywhere else.

Archived