How to make a guild and recruit people?

Scar.1793

Hello guys !

For a while I’ve been searching for a guild with the particularity to have only Charr players within its rank. I saw old posts with such guilds but when I tried to contact each OP they were all AWOL (in EU at least). In NA I know we can find many similar guilds but nothing concrete in EU.

As a result, instead of waiting love to find me I believe it’s best to take matters into my own hands. Thing is, making a guild is no simple work. I tried it way back in gw1 when I was younger and it was difficult to keep players. Which can be understandable as myself left a lot of guilds after I saw there was barely to no group activity at all.

Does any of you have some tips and tricks on how I should proceed ?

Well you've solved the first problem, which is how to make your guild stand out from all the others out there. The next step is to find other players who only play charr. (Or if it's a role-playing guild would you accept people with multiple races if they always get on their charr for guild events?)

Write up an interesting advert - something that gets across the key points but is also eye-catching and memorable, so if someone just skims it in chat it will make them go back and re-read it. Maybe write it in-character as if it's a warband recruitment drive? Then get it out there - post it on this forum and put it in chat in LA and the Black Citadel. See if you can get in touch with the EU role-playing community and find people there who only play charr.

And of course once you find someone encourage them to recruit other people too.

I've lead a guild for 4 years in another MMO and I can say that I've been able to attract together a very nice group of people. I received several heartwarning mails/comments from my previous guild mates and I consider myself lucky for this.However here in GW is very hard for me to find this familiar atmosphere. It can happen to find some very nice player, but a whole guild of them it's very difficult. The game is too big and people have a lot of different things to do. The idea of posting a manifesto in warband style is a good one, but the ad is not everything, you shouldn't provide false expectations. Several guilds put a lot of things in their ads (we do that and this, chill runs, achievements, raids) and in the end they barely complete the guild missions.

First of all, I'd make clear why you want to create a new guild. Why your guild would be different from the others. Only because its members are Charr? (It could be nice at the beginning, but after a while they would probably stop writing in chat and just play their own game.) Or you're also planning to do something together with your warband? Maybe lead them on some weekly expedition against the flame legion or humans? Try first to think about possible things that you would like to do with your guild/why you want to create it, then post a catching advertisement. And good luck :)

That's a really cool idea. There's a lot of charr focused guilds on EU servers (mostly warbands, but few years ago there were many of them at least on Piken Square)You can take a look at "Charr Against Humanity" on PS. It's quite new, but it's filled with charr players (roleplayers, artists or generally charr enthusiasts :3 )

@"GreyCatfish.9356" said:That's a really cool idea. There's a lot of charr focused guilds on EU servers (mostly warbands, but few years ago there were many of them at least on Piken Square)You can take a look at "Charr Against Humanity" on PS. It's quite new, but it's filled with charr players (roleplayers, artists or generally charr enthusiasts :3 )

Thanks for the info, I’ll have a look :) do you have any contact with a member or officer?

Archived