iMac 2017: worth buying for the game?

Hello guys! I hope this is the right section to ask this question.My loyal PC died this morning, and I am in need of a new one. I was oriented towards an used iMac from 2017, but looking at the minimum requisites for the game I've noticed that the recommended versions are the ones from 2010 and 2011. Now, I'm no expert in this field, so I would really appreciate if any of you could tell me if it's worth buying it and if the game will run smoothly on it. Also, if you hav any other suggestion for other computers, I'm all ears!Have a wonderful day and enjoy the new chapter! :D

As far as I know the mac-client is in an eternal beta-state and sometimes doesn't run well. I'd go for a Windows-PC for playing GW2.The important specs you want to look for:

• SSD with enough space for both operating system and GW2. An SSD really improves your loading times.
  • 64 bit Windows version. The 64 bit version can't really run out of memory, which was a problem in the 32 bit client that caused lots of client crashes back when HoT launched.
  • At least 8 GB RAM. Better go for 16 GB.
  • A fast CPU. GW2 is really dependent on CPU to the point where even the best graphics card can't improve your fps. I don't know your budget, so I can only recommend to look at some benchmarks. What you want from a CPU for playing GW2 is 4 cores (more than that won't improve your performance) and a high score on single thread performance.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:As far as I know the mac-client is in an eternal beta-state and sometimes doesn't run well. I'd go for a Windows-PC for playing GW2.The important specs you want to look for:

• SSD with enough space for both operating system and GW2. An SSD really improves your loading times.
  • 64 bit Windows version. The 64 bit version can't really run out of memory, which was a problem in the 32 bit client that caused lots of client crashes back when HoT launched.
  • A fast CPU. GW2 is really dependent on CPU to the point where even the best graphics card can't improve your fps. I don't know your budget, so I can only recommend to look at some benchmarks. What you want from a CPU for playing GW2 is 4 cores (more than that won't improve your performance) and a high score on single thread performance.

Unfortunately, I know; I downloaded the game on the MacBook Air I use for university just so I wouldn't miss the release of the episodes, and the client is not the best around.I had found a bunch of good options with a Windows 10 operative system, like my old pc, but they got sold out or are way out of my budget. This used one I've found luckily has a reasonable price, that's why I've been checking it out. But again, being no tech expert, I really do rely on what more experienced members of the community have to say about it.Still, thank you for the answer! ^^

Do you need the apple OS? or are you just buying it for GW2 and general things? > @NatsumeAsako.6025 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:As far as I know the mac-client is in an eternal beta-state and sometimes doesn't run well. I'd go for a Windows-PC for playing GW2.The important specs you want to look for:

Unfortunately, I know; I downloaded the game on the MacBook Air I use for university just so I wouldn't miss the release of the episodes, and the client is not the best around.I had found a bunch of good options with a Windows 10 operative system, like my old pc, but they got sold out or are way out of my budget. This used one I've found luckily has a reasonable price, that's why I've been checking it out. But again, being no tech expert, I really do rely on what more experienced members of the community have to say about it.Still, thank you for the answer! ^^

What would your budget be?

Archived