Suggestion: Mount Skin Sets available by Type

fizzypetal.7936

Howdy ArenaNet...

Any chance the original and future mount Skins could be made available in sets according to mount type instead of as a random pick from all mount types? E.g. - I have the skins I want for Springer and Jackal. However, I'm yet to roll any skin for Raptor, Skimmer or Griffon. I keep getting Springers and Jackals.

I'd be willing to pay slightly more for the chance to roll a skin exclusively from one of the other groups. At the moment they are 400 gems a roll. I'd be willing to pay 500 gems a roll to at least guarantee I'll get a skin for say the Raptor, and wouldn't mind as much if it isn't the skin I really, really want - so long as it is a Raptor instead of another from a group I already have multiple skins for.

this would be the only way I would ever buy a licence. I play casually, don't make much gold/gems. the chance of getting for instance a skin for the griffin, i don't even own puts me off of the gamble all together. 400 gems is not small change for me. It might take me several months to save up enough gems for just one go.

@zeldara.4127 said:this would be the only way I would ever buy a licence. I play casually, don't make much gold/gems. the chance of getting for instance a skin for the griffin, i don't even own puts me off of the gamble all together. 400 gems is not small change for me. It might take me several months to save up enough gems for just one go.

I have all the mounts but like you, I'm pretty casual, only in game for a couple of hours a night most nights. I have other in game goals I'd like to achieve - not enough time for those let alone farming extra for gambling.

I've only bought one ticket for myself, on a bit of a whim, just to see what would happen. A friend has bought me three, bless him, sweet guy.

Excellent idea, and I think the more ways ANet could package/market mount skins, the more they'd sell. I love all the mounts except Beetle (nothing wrong with it, just that I don't like insects in general) and now that I have the Ladybug skin I don't want another Beetle one. Wish I had more Springer and Skimmer ones, though, and would spring -- no pun intended -- for those.

Archived