Idea for a new WvW skill

Eclipsiste.3251

Many of us have tons of unused WvW points... Once you've reached the Gold Invader level you've already maxed out all available skills...I for sure would be glad to see new WvW skills appear, but I guess it's not easy since keeping siege engines balanced is already a struggle.I was wondering if a new skill allowing siege engines to rotate a bit faster would be cool or too OP... I mean: wouldn't you like to see this damn treb or mortar turn a little bit faster? ^^

@Justine.6351 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:no, what most of us would like is for siege disappear altogether from the game. And this is coming from a 10k rank with 8.6k unused points

Yes give us all sharp sticks to chip away at gates and walls for 60 minutes lol...

Easy, there should be no gates or just paper gates that u can destroy with weapon atacks no siege needed at all

@Rampage.7145 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:no, what most of us would like is for siege disappear altogether from the game. And this is coming from a 10k rank with 8.6k unused points

Yes give us all sharp sticks to chip away at gates and walls for 60 minutes lol...

Easy, there should be no gates or just paper gates that u can destroy with weapon atacks no siege needed at all

Yeah, remove capturing and defending objectives as well because it makes no sense if you can just take down gates with normal weapons

@Blocki.4931 said:

Yeah, remove capturing and defending objectives as well because it makes no sense if you can just take down gates with normal weapons

I mean u just defend to increase your point income defend to protect your point income, only difference would be that in order to capture or defend something u would need to excel at your fighting skills, group organization etc, not only rely on siege like a poosay. Actually even siege, arrowcarts and some other forms of anti personal siege would be ok as long u are not behind the protection of a door to spam it on people tbh

Yes let us make it so easy for the players , way to go as if the game is not easy enough as it is , siege is fine as it is , it is just the thought process that needs fixing regarding siege .

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Somebody needs to revisit what WvW is and not what you think it should be. Trying to change it has not worked in 6 years...

so according to you WvW has worked? it has more players now than before? thrilling exciting game mode? If any of the answers to those questions is YES, u simply do not play WvW , if the answers are NO, that is exactly why a change is necessary.

Just for reference Fortnite used to be a p2play survival solo game where u built bases to prevent zombies to kill you, they copied the PUBG formula (changed what the game was) and it is now one of the most successful games in history, change isn't bad, change is how evolution shaped the human race into what it is right now.

@Rampage.7145 said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:Somebody needs to revisit what WvW is and not what you think it should be. Trying to change it has not worked in 6 years...

so according to you WvW has worked? it has more players now than before? thrilling exciting game mode? If any of the answers to those questions is YES, u simply do not play WvW , if the answers are NO, that is exactly why a change is necessary.

I'm sort of in the middle. But I avoid any groups that think it's all about the "BAGS".

I don't really care about the opinion of somebody who uses gay as a demeaning adjective, but siege is part of world vs world. Not because it's been so long in the game it can't be changed, but because this mode isn't supposed to be large scale pvp only. Points and objectives don't matter at all if everything is just a glorified camp, night capping will be even worse than ever before and control over objectives will feel extremely meaningless. No use tiering anything up anymore etc.

WvW offers things to everybody. Lazy people can afk flip camps and veterans, roamers get their small scale fights, guilds get their guild group vs whatever is on the map. Siege plays very little part in this outside of having siege and placing countersiege or placing siege to bring out the enemy from their objective to smoke you out.

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't really care about the opinion of somebody who uses gay as a demeaning adjective, but siege is part of world vs world. Not because it's been so long in the game it can't be changed, but because this mode isn't supposed to be large scale pvp only. Points and objectives don't matter at all if everything is just a glorified camp, night capping will be even worse than ever before and control over objectives will feel extremely meaningless. No use tiering anything up anymore etc.

WvW offers things to everybody. Lazy people can afk flip camps and veterans, roamers get their small scale fights, guilds get their guild group vs whatever is on the map. Siege plays very little part in this outside of having siege and placing countersiege or placing siege to bring out the enemy from their objective to smoke you out.

Agreed. Calling siege gay already determined the mental age of that post and invalidated any argument.

I never understood the hate against siege. If people want to fight without siege, isnt that what PvP is for?

Hours desieging, resupplying, redesieging, resupplying, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, finally get in for the fight you want... defending blob waypointed out. The siege v actually time spent fighting other players is completely out of whack. Turning siege faster would mean even less counterplay - don't try quickly moving position to get that counter bali or whatever up because the siege has already moved! No thankyou.

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't really care about the opinion of somebody who uses gay as a demeaning adjective, but siege is part of world vs world. Not because it's been so long in the game it can't be changed, but because this mode isn't supposed to be large scale pvp only. Points and objectives don't matter at all if everything is just a glorified camp, night capping will be even worse than ever before and control over objectives will feel extremely meaningless. No use tiering anything up anymore etc.

Agreed. Calling siege gay already determined the mental age of that post and invalidated any argument.

I never understood the hate against siege. If people want to fight without siege, isnt that what PvP is for?

Yeah give us 20v20 and 30v30 50v50 modes in PvP and watch WvW die forever pls

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:Catapult 6 Asuraplut launch a single teammate over forticications. Destroys catapult, infiltrator takes HP debuff (oww!- 5minutes)

This was already suggested and ignored. How dare they reject the idea of launching Asura!

D:

Once upon a time a young goblin shaman named Leto was forced by the big'uns to assualt a stunty fort with an Orcapult. Bruised but fascinated, that gobbo kept leveling and dreamed of all the Orcapult assualts he'd find in the RvR lakes.

But it was not to be

For the evil Jacobs had only teased him with the glory of Orcapult in PvE.. But that shaman, he still dreams. And one should never give up on their dreams.

@"Eclipsiste.3251" said:Many of us have tons of unused WvW points... Once you've reached the Gold Invader level you've already maxed out all available skills...I for sure would be glad to see new WvW skills appear, but I guess it's not easy since keeping siege engines balanced is already a struggle.I was wondering if a new skill allowing siege engines to rotate a bit faster would be cool or too OP... I mean: wouldn't you like to see this kitten treb or mortar turn a little bit faster? ^^

I don't know about all siege, but I always thought that a "turn faster" ability or skill on trebuchets would be far preferable to the skill 5 heal.

Archived