[BUG] "The Sacrifice" Reproducible Mission Stall

Bandlero.6312

During the mission "The Sacrifice" on the final step where you confront Balthazar and he will instant-down your entire party after a very, very brief fight; this mission can/will stall and fail to progress under the following conditions:

• Classes that have access to barrier abilities, especially barriers that automatically trigger upon damage, can prevent or negate the damage received from Balthazar needed to reduce lifepoints to the specific level that triggers continuation of scripting, to progress the story, that happens before the forced down state of the character.
    • Scourge fails to lose access to the F1 through F5 skills during the skill-prohibited moment, allowing Scourges, especially those specced with Abrasive Grit or Desert Empowerment, to create enough barriers to bypass and endure through all damage dealt by Balthazar, preventing lifepoints from dropping below 50-75%, preventing the scripting from triggering when a character's health reaches about 25%. Scourges still receive the instant-downed state after Balthazar deals his damage; however, the story mission will fail to progress at this point because the Scourge's health never dropped to the correct point before being downed.
    • Scourges speccing Death Magic trait Unholy Sanctuary will automatically get a barrier during Balthazar's damage, possibly preventing lifepoints from reaching 25%, and thus may prevent the continuation of the story progression from triggering before the character is placed into instant downed state.

It appears that during the skill-prohibited moment (when Balthazar has placed everyone into chains), and begins to damage everyone, that a player's health must drop below 25% for the next segment of the story/script to trigger. Being placed into downed-state by Balthazar does not seem to be the trigger that progresses in the story/script, but rather the player's health dropping below 25% before being downed is the trigger.. If a player is able to prevent their health from dropping below 25%, the story/script will not trigger, and Balthazar will place them into downed-state regardless; thus causing the mission to stall and fail to progress.

A player, and their build and automatic abilities, must allow Balthazar to reduce their lifepoints below 25% before he places them into downed-state.

While playing through with a friend just now, I believe we had the same thing happen to us that happened to you, except we're on a Soulbeast and a Firebrand.

I believe that an NPC (Kasmeer?) is giving us barrier, perhaps? At any rate, I was at full health when we were instantly downed with The Judgment of War. I lead the instance and was shackled (but not immobilized) just prior to taking max damage, when Balthazar left. I was able to recover and resurrected the rest of my party and now we're stuck in the instance with no Balthazar.

@Convallaria.8469 said:While playing through with a friend just now, I believe we had the same thing happen to us that happened to you, except we're on a Soulbeast and a Firebrand.

I believe that an NPC (Kasmeer?) is giving us barrier, perhaps? At any rate, I was at full health when we were instantly downed with The Judgment of War. I lead the instance and was shackled (but not immobilized) just prior to taking max damage, when Balthazar left. I was able to recover and resurrected the rest of my party and now we're stuck in the instance with no Balthazar.

What is supposed to happen is that you get shackled, Balthazar does instant down you (will actually kill any party members with you), but the instance owner will not get killed. If the trigger happens correctly, the NPCs should help revive you and rezz your party members, and then a dialog continues. Balthazar does leave after he downs you. I believe it is the failure of the instance owner to have their health drop below 25% before the downing/killing that stalls the instance. Also, I believe when you get downed/killed, it is actually via script and not actual combat damage. So the damage you receive before you get downed and being downed come from different sources.; such that there is a script that says shackle players, make Balthazar speak, damage players, at 25% health trigger next script, and finally down/kill players. However it is the triggering of the next script that can fail and stall the instance.

@Convallaria.8469 said:While playing through with a friend just now, I believe we had the same thing happen to us that happened to you, except we're on a Soulbeast and a Firebrand.

Exact same issue here except my friend and I both play Druid.

Archived