support rev in wvw

messiah.1908

some moments in pugs squad in wvw late in night. fighting outnumbered (as squad was too scatters)had fun, had nice numbers, had good healing output during fights 5k-8k hps in average usually i get

you can play with the melee train (jallis recommended), in the backline , you can heal while not being there... big advantage ... and more

scrapper optionscrapper has more easy sustain healing with 1k healing hps for 1 player so 5k hps just with #1 skill spamming. but he must more with the melee train and most of his higher sustain healing comes from regen proc from cleansing off conditions. which buff his hps from 1k to 1.6k so with 5 players its 8k hps. and with all the swiftnessboth are good choices

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

another great moments in wvw with ventari rev.strong heals burst and sustain healing.

i am happy more groups trying this concept in their raids.

yesterday we had 2 mini squads (like 5 on one (with me) and 15 on the other) fighting versus 40 and we won.ppl shout how the hell we manage to do that... i scream i heal you all the way constantly

enjoy the video.

Nice video, Messiah! :)

Do you find Elevated Compassion to be better than Draconic Echo? I'd think that having your boons in Glint affect 10 targets would be a better choice, but maybe that's just a preference thing for me. Elevated Compassion was coming up as high numbers in the fight, but Regen would be much higher with DE slotted, not to mention the other boons Glint provides. I also find it helpful because you can use the consume skills and still have them apply the boons (for the ones that aren't bugged), which helps a lot with energy management and Facet of Chaos uptime. But I guess I haven't given EC enough of a chance because I like DE so much and I suppose group comp would affect that a lot.

Also, do you ever play with Invocation over Retribution?

Only thing I'd advise is to remember to use your True Nature-Ventari. I didn't see you use it once in the video and it's an almost free 10 total condition cleanse (assuming you have Elder's Respite for Major Adept) every 20 seconds.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Nice video, Messiah! :)

Do you find Elevated Compassion to be better than Draconic Echo? I'd think that having your boons in Glint affect 10 targets would be a better choice, but maybe that's just a preference thing for me. Elevated Compassion was coming up as high numbers in the fight, but Regen would be much higher with DE slotted, not to mention the other boons Glint provides. I also find it helpful because you can use the consume skills and still have them apply the boons (for the ones that aren't bugged), which helps a lot with energy management and Facet of Chaos uptime. But I guess I haven't given EC enough of a chance because I like DE so much and I suppose group comp would affect that a lot.

Also, do you ever play with Invocation over Retribution?

Only thing I'd advise is to remember to use your True Nature-Ventari. I didn't see you use it once in the video and it's an almost free 10 total condition cleanse (assuming you have Elder's Respite for Major Adept) every 20 seconds.

thanks,

EV is more for sustain healing as both regeneration and EV give easy 1.5k hps per ally (so total of 7.5k hps)DE is nice when your squad miss some boons from FB or mesmer and have trouble to maintain 25 might stacks. but you lose bit the sustain healing.the boons you want to stack are protection and regen mainly . might fury are nice but other can cover them same to swiftness.so as you state its depends on group comp. the larger the group maybe DE is much preferable. but just for hps total but not on one ally.

i play invocation from time to time but retribution give 25% endurance and dmg reduction and more self sustain healing. while invocation gives more boons which already cover easily , 1 cleanse. 1 breakstun (sometime a must) and 25 nrg or more heal which already easy to cover. thus i choose more retribution for self sustain over more healing output which can be outheal in some situation

so if your group lack dmg and have more sustain take invocation as the fight gonna be longer and more healing will be needed (as FB will have cd's)if your group has good dmg you will need to protect you more with self sustain so take retribution.

true nature - indeed. i tend to use it when i am bomb with conditions. as for now i try to find the best way to cleanse more and not just spam.most of the time i have many conditions on me but with low stacks so just regen can cover them so my hp wont effected.

Kewl stuff :)

Jalis and ventari duno wich atm is more underrated...

Having some jalis and deamons while the ventari due high healing power keeps swaping to herald heals is a nice set up, shield 4 heals between 4-5k and clears a condi.Funny how rev atm has lot of roles ~:)

@Aeolus.3615 said:Kewl stuff :)

Having some jalis and deamons while the ventari due high healing power keeps swaping to herald heals is a nice set up, shield 4 heals between 4-5k and clears a condi.Funny how rev atm has lot of roles ~:)

demon havent tried much yet mainly due to immobilize when resistance get corrupted . but the 20% dmg reduction when you have resistance combine with retribution 15% while you have stability and protection from shield or your group and you got yourself hard to kill healer.

shield cleanse when you trait it. but its only 1 condition.

nevertheless jallis and herald combine with ventari is the way to go and can completes or accomplish the FB

@messiah.1908 said:

demon havent tried much yet mainly due to immobilize when resistance get corrupted . but the 20% dmg reduction when you have resistance combine with retribution 15% while you have stability and protection from shield or your group and you got yourself hard to kill healer.

nevertheless jallis and herald combine with ventari is the way to go and can completes or accomplish the FB

4 its one condi, shield 5 its 1 condi per pulse (4 pulses).That's what my guild have been doing when we have decent numbers, ill use ventari we we are lacking Fb's, but we have some jalis per party.Sometimes 1 ventari to catch spilkes on bombs and a deamon for condi sustain or help throw conditions back since F2 deamon with herald trait will make it affect 10 players as well.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

4 its one condi, shield 5 its 1 condi per pulse (4 pulses).

5 while you fight versus zerg - dont think you wanna use it ....

@messiah.1908 said:

Yeah i know :) ill jst clean one condi .. some one uses a one hit unblocable.. and i start raging ahahah.Duno why Anet is so lost on revenant shield 5.... it should not even exist.... it does not fit the game, its s elf kill, in a game of spammers.x5LwkM2.jpg

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Yeah i know :) ill jst clean one condi .. some one uses a one hit unblocable.. and i start raging ahahah.Duno why Anet is so lost on revenant shield 5.... it should not even exist.... it does not fit the game, its s elf kill, in a game of spammers.

probably cause if you could move while blocking it would be more like warrior .instead of blocking i would give the shield #5 the ability to move (like mesmer, warrior and engi) and blind the area around him each 0.5 sec for 3 sec and reflect projectiles

the new update reduce the energy of nature to -2 which mean we can use tablet with trait which proc regenwith top states and 100% healing output you will getregen 950 hpselevated compassion 1500 every 3 secfacet of nature 950 (havent verify that yet) every 3 secproject tranquility 850 every 3 sec

so in total every 3 sec you will heal ally around you and tablet 6,150 so hps is 2,050 with no skill use just moving the tabletand moving the tablet will heal 3,200 (every 3 sec) so in theory total of above 3k hps on 1 allyand using the heal skill with water rune will heal 3,200 every 10 sec which mean 320 hps more

so in theory total of above 3.3k hps on 1 ally (more than 15k total hps)

omfg

@messiah.1908 pretty kewl change.

Im actually very very extreme surprised Anet listened some of the players request in this one.

Im actually healing less cause im not runing dedicated healing power stats, im using Zealots, stil lthe diff is minimal.. arround 1k more or less.

Atm trying to practice "save players that got caught by enemy spellbroken bubble".

while i am running and watching some gvg i hear a lot after the first or second push the allies shouting for heal as they are low on health and the FB scream i have nothing left ...

this is where the rev is needed.

some commanders havent got it yet as their tactics is be the first who push and kill...

same goes for squads big or small...

@Wahlao.1069 said:Have you tried a support renegade in WVW?With the Oct2 change to righteous rebel, we can give alacrity with >75% uptime to 10 allies within a 360 radius via F4Might generation though is limited to 5 allies for renegade via F2.

alacrity is nice but its only good in longer fights . the shorter the clash is, alacrity loose its edge as the teams have time for recharge anyway.also only alacrity wont cut it. and renegade utilities are useless in team fights. thus you lose 10% health, regen 20% buff and might sharing which cost no nrg, and soem boons sharing on 10 or more hp to allies. renegade only gives self fury and vigor and less condi dmg.... so no group support at all.

@"messiah.1908" said:here is the tutorial of support rev

hope you like iti use a very similiar traitline build when on ventari setup, but use herald traited to efffect 10 players when on large team, and choose the heal trait when going on a havovk with 3-5 players, that constant 10 players protection aplyance when the other rev is with the jalis f2 up affecting 10 players and poping up great dward for its team :).

I prefer to use jalis on my power hammer build :P, rev atm in terms of builds build for team support is really amazing.Since veng hammer tiggers sigild blasts, i prefer to phaze with them activated to do damage and blast+veng hammer crits.

For a more anti condi and condi pressure unit, renegade with deamon and jalis (mace/axe, boiw), and that mace will pup up gazilions of torment left and right, while providing resistance and dwarf armor as well

Ventari+jalis feels like playing old gw1 monk with damage reducing and healings :).

@messiah.1908 said:

@Wahlao.1069 said:Have you tried a support renegade in WVW?With the Oct2 change to righteous rebel, we can give alacrity with >75% uptime to 10 allies within a 360 radius via F4Might generation though is limited to 5 allies for renegade via F2.

alacrity is nice but its only good in longer fights . the shorter the clash is, alacrity loose its edge as the teams have time for recharge anyway.also only alacrity wont cut it. and renegade utilities are useless in team fights. thus you lose 10% health, regen 20% buff and might sharing which cost no nrg, and soem boons sharing on 10 or more hp to allies. renegade only gives self fury and vigor and less condi dmg.... so no group support at all.

I have a full set of legendary armor and I've been playing around with lots of builds. I believe support renegade has a place. When the squad is huge, 1 support renegade giving alacrity to siege, you can uptime 99-100% alacrity with leadership runes/concentration infusions/food which is amazing to ninja taking towers. This can make the difference between an EWP/structural invul being pulled and you taking the tower. I played with the build before but since the change to righteous rebel supporting 10 players, I don't have to tell pugs to get away from siege as often. The heal, like all of renegade's utilities, are susceptible to CC and I've found using it during retreats helps prevent stragglers from being picked off. The elite is useless for trains but is good for dropping on the backline and maybe the edge of your midline.

If your driver likes to spread out siege, you can even toggle ventari to give alacrity where your tablet is located, and also give alacrity in your location. Is it a better healer than support Herald? No, but if your squad already have plenty of firebrands or even medical dispersion engis, then I can see support renegade being a better choice as your job is to make the squad more efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

@"messiah.1908" said:here is the tutorial of support rev

hope you like it

Tried something very similiar and can feel the power and great potential of healing rev.I was able to provide ~8k HPS (yes no kidding, 8000 HP every second) to everyone in the team for at least 20 second (enough for a hot engagement). I would rank healing rev #1 healer of WvW (Both burst healing and sustain healing). As long as I am not down, I am able to maintain my team HP bar at full all the time.However, it has a HUGE problem (sometime it's lethal) --- no stun breaker (during healing mode) and reliable source of stability, and no gap closer to disengage the over-hot spot.The stability and stun breaker have to completely rely on teammates, If there is sometime teammate's stability runs out or get ripped, Stun = death sentence, protection+drawf = 83% damage reduction plus 3.5k armor + 22k HP sounds awesome but it's still a joke in reality, you will still be melt in 1 second once stunned.I am thinking to switch the retribution trait line to invocation. In my exp, with such crazy healing power, the only time my HP drop below 1/2 is becoz of stunned, and if stunned, damage reduction can never save my life but stun breaker can. Invocation at least provide 1 stun breaker every 10 sec which may save my ass.Any thought or exp ?

Honestly, I found retribution works great to keep me alive from hammer revs and deadeyes hitting at range. If someone gets close and it's not a group, then retri is better.

But I run into the same problem. Lack of stability (since they changed retribution dodge trait to only be on successful evade instead of actual dodge), I need stunbreaks more. I have better survival in group fights as invoc than retribution.

That said, once you start getting used to it and know the signs, jalis provides enoguh stab options. It's just not enough for you to be the sole healer.

I run with a scrapper and firebrand combo and the 3 of us are a fairly unstoppable healing group, but I am definitely the easiest to lock down when the group comes through.

Archived