Bring WvW dominance back to Tarnished Coast

Mackdose.6504

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss the old TC, straight from the Coast TCERP in a tower TC, walk out their dolyaks TCI hate the new TC, the real PC TCThe always polite TC, stick in Bdew's ass TCI miss call to action TC, chop up bodies TCI gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet TCSee, I invented TC, it wasn't any TCsAnd now I look and look around and there's so many ranger TCsI used to love TC, I used to love TCI even had the TC MILITIA shirt, I thought I was TCWhat if TC made a song about TCCalled "I Miss The Old TC"? Man, that'd be so TCThat's all it was TC, we still love TCAnd I love you like TC loves TCI miss the old TC, afk at spawn TC,one push TC, care about their dolyaks TCI hate the new TC, afk in pve TC,log out after one fight TC, on GoM's ts TCI miss mumble TC, militia matter TCI gotta say, at that time I'd like to fight TCSee, I shittalk TC, it wasn't any TCsAnd now I look and look around and there's so many ranger TCsI used to be on TC, I used to fight for TCI even hated hellhammer, I thought I cared about TCWhat if TC made a song about TCCalled "I Miss The Old TC"? Man, that'd be so TCThat's all it was TC, we still don't care TCAnd I love you like TC loves berserker gear

@Seasniffer.1763 said:I miss the old TC, straight from the Coast TCERP in a tower TC, walk out their dolyaks TCI hate the new TC, the real PC TCThe always polite TC, stick in Bdew's kitten TCI miss call to action TC, chop up bodies TCI gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet TCSee, I invented TC, it wasn't any TCsAnd now I look and look around and there's so many ranger TCsI used to love TC, I used to love TCI even had the TC MILITIA shirt, I thought I was TCWhat if TC made a song about TCCalled "I Miss The Old TC"? Man, that'd be so TCThat's all it was TC, we still love TCAnd I love you like TC loves TCI miss the old TC, afk at spawn TC,one push TC, care about their dolyaks TCI hate the new TC, afk in pve TC,log out after one fight TC, on GoM's ts TCI miss mumble TC, militia matter TCI gotta say, at that time I'd like to fight TCSee, I shittalk TC, it wasn't any TCsAnd now I look and look around and there's so many ranger TCsI used to be on TC, I used to fight for TCI even hated hellhammer, I thought I cared about TCWhat if TC made a song about TCCalled "I Miss The Old TC"? Man, that'd be so TCThat's all it was TC, we still don't care TCAnd I love you like TC loves berserker gear

iconic

All of the organized fighting guilds left TC after months of having 5% of militia actually use the voice comms while the other 95% ran around on base rangers and got angry when you called them out for being useless wastes of space in the queue. There was practically 0 valid recruitment pool because not a single self-respecting fighting guild is going to pick up stupid pugs that blatantly refuse to get with the future of gaming and get on a VOIP.

See

There are people like myself that aren't opposed to the idea

but

TC's internal issues need to be sorted out first (of which there are clearly many, even as evidenced in this thread).

@MokoToko.6890 said:All of the organized fighting guilds left TC after months of having 5% of militia actually use the voice comms while the other 95% ran around on base rangers and got angry when you called them out for being useless wastes of space in the queue. There was practically 0 valid recruitment pool because not a single self-respecting fighting guild is going to pick up stupid pugs that blatantly refuse to get with the future of gaming and get on a VOIP.

The sad thing is, many of those people can be converted if only they were shown how much they could benefit from VOIP with a guild. Most people are hesitant to enter any sort of voice comms for a game due, let's be fair, a big population of underage kids screaming and yelling on voice comms like they're tough shit. Most older people just stay out of voice comms altogether to avoid that skritt. WvW on average has a higher average age playing compared to PvE (anecdotally), but they need to be shown that, not be told by people yelling at them in chat.

@Reverence.6915 said:WvW on average has a higher average age playing compared to PvE (anecdotally), but they need to be shown that, not be told by people yelling at them in chat.

"Hey guys, if you want an invitation to squad please join us in the TC Teamspeak, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com - xxxx channel" is literally all we would ask for hours on end, only to have 5 people join the VOIP. It's not a matter of asking nicely, it's the fact that they still wouldn't do it after being asked to do so 3 hours straight, every single day for months.

I left a very long time ago and am about to return to the game after exhausting many games out there.

I was in WvW Season 1 and Season 2 and I remember helping Tarnished Coast as a Commander back then prior to HoT to help the server go from Tier 2 into Tier 1. Things were far from perfect, but I always liked that Tarnished Coast had its identity. I do not know how good I will be in this iteration. In fact, I will have two whole expansions to go through.

What I remember the most from Tarnished Coast's WvW Subculture was always the Dolyak Parades along with the whole "Church of Charr Jesus" jokes over the Mumble Room a lot of players resided in. The way that it was almost like a celebration at WvW Reset and throughout the week. All those times I would observe players fighting their 1v1s at the South Camp Windmill in WvW.

Does Tarnish Coast still have an interest in WvW? Or has the server imploded while I have been gone? Since 2 years is a pretty long time.

@Setsunayaki.4907 said:I left a very long time ago and am about to return to the game after exhausting many games out there.

I was in WvW Season 1 and Season 2 and I remember helping Tarnished Coast as a Commander back then prior to HoT to help the server go from Tier 2 into Tier 1. Things were far from perfect, but I always liked that Tarnished Coast had its identity. I do not know how good I will be in this iteration. In fact, I will have two whole expansions to go through.

What I remember the most from Tarnished Coast's WvW Subculture was always the Dolyak Parades along with the whole "Church of Charr Jesus" jokes over the Mumble Room a lot of players resided in. The way that it was almost like a celebration at WvW Reset and throughout the week. All those times I would observe players fighting their 1v1s at the South Camp Windmill in WvW.

Does Tarnish Coast still have an interest in WvW? Or has the server imploded while I have been gone? Since 2 years is a pretty long time.

It has changed dramatically since you were last around. Though I would only say a mass exodus happened once and that was earlier this year. We still have map queues on two maps in the evening during the week. That should tell you how many people the other servers have online. There are some of us (ahem) bringing back the fun nights and parades over time.

Ah thanks FatherBliss.

Does TC have the ability to fight well in its current tier? I checked Millenium Matchups and it was ranked as the Bottom Server. However, if you say that Queue times still exists, is it safe to say that the people exist, not the organization or combined skill and leadership to function? Or am I totally wrong? Afterall, Its been a long time.

As with any server, it comes down to the community. If TC has fallen it's because the community let it happen. It's hard work to rebuild a community. But after 5 years there are a number of servers who have risen and fell. It's the nature of the game. Just try and enjoy WvW and have fun with friends TC will likely have another chance at the top when the server hoppers decided it's TC's turn again.

Archived