Selfless Potion as Novelty (WARNING: possibly for some?)

notebene.3190

In looking at the lack of changes to the novelty interface, and testing whether I can, say, ride a magic carpet 'and' fly a kite (which I can't, even though they are in two different categories), I'm assuming if I put my selfless potion in the novelty wardrobe, I'll lose the ability to use it while I'm using, say, a kite?

I guess I need to decide whether to add them or keep them out, lest we lose some functionality we currently enjoy?

I added my friendship potion to the wardrobe but luckily paused before adding the selfless. I have always used both at the same time with no issue, but I realize now that if I add the selfless potion to the wardrobe I likely won't be able to do that anymore. Seems like a serious oversight and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to add an option to hide the "add to wardrobe" option in dropdown menus, I would be heartbroken if I accidentally added the selfless potion and were unable to use it as I do currently. It's a pretty unique toy in that it stacks with almost everything as long as you use it first, I'd hate to lose that.

And yeah I'm pretty surprised that they threw it into the same category as other toys, why wouldn't I be able to use my potions separately from How To Dance, Vol. 1, for example?

I don't really understand why adding these things to the wardrobe automatically destroys the item. They should operate like, for example, black lion weapon skins. Then if you don't want to carry the item around you can destroy it if you want at your leisure.

For people who added the selfless potion to wardrobe: Have you tried making a ticket asking to restore the item to your inventory?

I added it/them and have not regretted it at all.

I honestly could not care less about an item I used maybe 2 times since getting it.

I get how some people might be disadvantaged but let's be serious, how many of you were using the item on a regular basis and for how many way it merely a wasted bank slot?

If you are in the second camp like me, add that thing to the wardrobe and be done with it.

@Ana.2415 said:I shouldn't have added my friendship potion :/ what do I do now :(

This system should get a rework tbh and let us use different items at the same time.

Indeed. It seems like a tonic or aura slot would work especially when they start adding endless tonics to the novelties. Hopefully now it's in it might get reorganised later.

@Cyninja.2954 said:I added it/them and have not regretted it at all.

I honestly could not care less about an item I used maybe 2 times since getting it.

I get how some people might be disadvantaged but let's be serious, how many of you were using the item on a regular basis and for how many way it merely a wasted bank slot?

If you are in the second camp like me, add that thing to the wardrobe and be done with it.

And how many were using it on a regular basis that it now seems like a step back? I may be in camp 2 but I can see how it would hamper those who DO use it regularly. Doesn't bode well for the tonics when they get added unless a new category is added later and they get reshuffled.

It works for you; great. Others don't feel the same.

@Tyger.1637 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:I added it/them and have not regretted it at all.

And how many were using it on a regular basis that it now seems like a step back? I may be in camp 2 but I can see how it would hamper those who DO use it regularly. Doesn't bode well for the tonics when they get added unless a new category is added later and they get reshuffled.

It works for you; great. Others don't feel the same.

Oh I agreed that it's a step back and inconvenient for some people. I just don't think that amount of the player base will be very big and I disagree with people suddenly being upset about an item which they likely forgot on their bank for 3 years. Would I love for Arenanet to redesign this with people who enjoy using these fluff items in mind? Absolutely!

Do I think that this is of any concern to a significant amount of people? No. I'd assume that 90% of the already small amount of people who actually bothered with getting these items most just keep them in the bank for completions sake. I rarely if ever see any one bother with one or any of the potions for example.

My main uses the halo all the time. It last an hour. I have to recast it if I zone or die/downed. It's become second nature, but I keep it up all the time, except when I'm in Mistlock Sanctuary, or when I pop into WvW to try to get a few dailies done there without getting caught.

I like that it works with other things, and would be upset if I had added it to the novelty wardrobe, knowing I couldn't use it and say, a kite, at the same time.

But, I guess I'm just one person, and that's fine. I threw it out there in case anyone was like me and didn't know what would happen and would rather keep it in their bag and 'not' in the wardrobe, in the event ANet never changes how they function. We still have an option to not put it in the wardrobe and keep it's functionality, so there's that. For the few people that care, this was for them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I added the potion without knowing the restrictions it had with other items like the ascender, and then realized I can't use both... sent a ticket asking to restore the halo as an item, and they said that novelties are supposed to work that way, so they won't restore it. Not what I expected, since you actually have to send it to the wardrobe and you could not do that and still get it working like before; but well, I guess I'll have to stick with their decision, I just wish they specify these kind of details on the patch notes...

Archived