Official Feedback Thread: LWS4 Episode 4: A Star to Guide Us

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

Please share your high-level feedback about Episode 4 of Living World Season 4: A Star to Guide Us. If you can provide a synopsis here, that would be appreciated, maybe around 50 words or so?

Bug reports can go into a Bug Report Thread specifically intended for the reports of any issues or bugs. It is posted in the Bugs Subforum and linked in the previous sentence.

As a solo-only player, I find it pretty irritating that there's a raid announcement in the upper-right corner of the HUD that I can't get rid of. I will never play raids unless you make a separate difficulty level intended for solo players. Until then, that announcement is only a nuisance to me.

@Adul.1520 said:As a solo-only player, I find it pretty irritating that there's a raid announcement in the upper-right corner of the HUD that I can't get rid of. I will never play raids unless you make a separate difficulty level intended for solo players. Until then, that announcement is only a nuisance to me.

Raids were never designed to be solo content but a team effort. I hope you have a lot of popcorn...

OK, I'm not sure who is writing or pacing some of this stuff, but here is something that is REALLY, and I mean REEEEEAAALLY getting under my skin:Hero gets called in to handle a thing.Hero arrives and begins handling said thing.Bad guy starts some stuff and hero fights bad guy (and sometimes needs to learn a new tactic just to fight them)Just as hero is about to finish bad guy, the bad guy stands up and goes nope.Bad guy suddenly becomes biggest badkitten in the world with some unstoppable something that locks everyone downBad guy gives pithy speechRandom other NPC comes in from stage right or left and one shots bad guy and saves the day (Or enter in any number of other deus Ex nonsense)

It got old ages ago and now its just upsetting and feels like lazy writing.

At this point i'm fully expecting the major climax to all of this being that we will go through absolute hell just to face down Kralk, fight in some hour long keyboard smashing cluster that will require the twitchiest of reflexes to even do, only for his health bar to return to full and just before he eats us after telling us how futile our attempts are to beat him, Bubbles will come from the depths of the ocean with a Largos and Zomoros on its back and bite Kralk's head off before going back into the ocean and Aurene will absorb his power, become an elder dragon then go to sleep after warning us that they will rise again.

And don't tell me none of that is plausible because if you do then you obviously haven't been playing this game lately.

I get it, you really wanted to have Koss show back up.That wasn't the way to do it.That one part (after having just dealt with the Aurene saving the day and eating joko bit) has literally soured me to this story step before even finishing it.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Adul.1520 said:As a solo-only player, I find it pretty irritating that there's a raid announcement in the upper-right corner of the HUD that I can't get rid of. I will never play raids unless you make a separate difficulty level intended for solo players. Until then, that announcement is only a nuisance to me.

Raids were never designed to be solo content but a team effort. I hope you have a lot of popcorn...

So put in additional effort to make it more accessible to a larger portion of the playerbase. Or at least remove the announcement from my screen.

Only explored about 40% of the new map, but so far seems to be pretty interesting.

The GW1 areas look EXACTLY as they were in GW1, which is a wonderful feeling. There's plenty of hidden corners to search for, several creative stuff (like the tornado), and we get to explore that town that you could only watch from afar in GW1 OMG.

Domain of Kourna was very bland and forgottable in comparison. Jahai Bluffs may potentially be my favourite LS4 map so far (alongside the Hunting Grounds half of Sandswept Isles).

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Yea..kinda have to agree, the announcement that theres a new raid is annoying, i wont be able to take part for a long time in it, and it being advertised clutters my screen unnecessarily

Thanks a lot for this part of the story!

i was one of the people who rushed through PoF and the former part of this Season without caring about the story very much, but this Episode was actually fun to play and i didnt skip any of the movies in between. This part i will replay with several characters of mine (long ago ;) ). Especially i did like the spider boss, the character and story development after the first meeting and the various sourrounding. some minor bugs, but i think you know about itTHX

This is not high-level feedback but I also want to say that it's really cool to see some areas from GW1 again. Thanks. On the negative side, the loot drops and rewards are terrible. A bunch of "unidentified gear" (yawn) and literal junk like broken claws. It's not worth fighting for by any means. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough but so far any rewards are super-disappointing.

Archived