Official Bug Report Thread: LWS4 Episode 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official Bug Report Thread: LWS4 Episode 4

Please use this thread to report any issues that you experience with Episode 4.

Feedback on the content may be provided in the feedback thread.

Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<134

Comments

• Since the last Patch I can't obtain any EXP on any POF map. I think this is related to not being able to enter the Story Instance "Forearmed is Forwarned" of the current LW Episode and thus not being able to unlock the Rollerbeetle mastery track, but the game thinking you are on one of the mastery tracks. (Screenshot below should be explaining enouth)

• Before you read, start a support ticket. The queues are super long, so get your ticket in first, then try work-arounds. You can update your ticket at any time with new details.

It looks to me as if the causative issue is that the game thinks you haven't unlocked the beetle. Try to speak to Gorrik again and when (as I expect) that doesn't work, then that is what I would report to ANet. You have the mastery points, you are at the point of the story where the beetle track should be unlocked, but for some reason, it is stuck.

The second work-around I'd try is starting LS4.3 on a different character. It "should" be the case that whatever is troubling your warrior won't be an issue for e.g. your thief. The third thing I'd try is partying your warrior up with someone else who has Forearmed ready and get them to start the story. There are several checkpoints, so you should know quickly if you're able to get credit or if you should drop and let them finish without you (it won't do any harm to remain, but it won't be useful to you). That is, you should get a message asking if you want to accept progress on your story.

A fifth work-around would be to stop the current story, then start a different one (even LS4.2). And then, reverse that. That is, try to get the game to forget what it thinks it knows about your progress in LS4.3.2. And yet another potential thing to try is to replay the first part of LS4.3 (not as big a waste as it sounds, since there are a couple of achievements that you can only get after finishing it once).

I well understand if you don't care to do any of this; it's more than a little effort to try to fix something that is ultimately ANet's responsibility to resolve. On the other hand, these are things you can try now, instead of just waiting to hear back from ANet.

Good luck and please keep this thread posted with your progress (or lack thereof), if you have time. Someone might have a creative solution or have figured out how to get past this bottleneck.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• SuicideReason.1598SuicideReason.1598 Member
    edited July 25, 2018

Thanks for your input @Illconceived Was Na.9781

I well understand if you don't care to do any of this; it's more than a little effort to try to fix something that is ultimately ANet's responsibility to resolve. On the other hand, these are things you can try now, instead of just waiting to hear back from ANet.

Sadly I already tried out most of the things on you list yesterday and today and nothing helped :/
    But since I did most of what you suggested already I thought It would be good to add this here too for clarification:

1. Speaking to Gorrik does nothing exept triggering some random dialoge
    2. Bug accurs on all charakters, and on the 2 charakters I tried non were able to progress further into the story than "Enter the Portal" on said mission which doesnt work
    3. Even people who did already finished it I Partyed up with couldn't reenter the instance
    4. Restarting the Story step does not fix the progression issue

[EDIT] Tried to post a Ticket but logging in on the (german) support site does nothing YAY [EDIT]

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

You need to unlock the Beetle to start earning exp again, otherwise it will go bai-bai and be wasted.
    Thank Anet for this smart design

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think you will have to wait until the Devs fix the issue with entering the Forearmed is Forewarned instance. There are several posts/threads about it being broken since the latest patch.

Good luck.

• Thanks for the updated info and I'm sorry nothing works. @Inculpatus cedo.9234 is probably right that you'll need for ANet to figure out the issue. Your extensive experience will probably help them troubleshoot.

If you're having trouble logging in, you can create a ticket without logging in here:
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new → click on submit your ticket anonymously

oder auf Deutsch...
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/de/requests/newhier, um euer Ticket anonym abzusenden

In the meantime, you can start stockpiling experience to shorten your beetle-mastering time:

• Do whatever dailies you have time for in any Desert Map and save the chests. Each one offers a 12.7k XP towards PoF masteries. I think 40 such dailies is enough to max each tier. (It takes anywhere from 40 to 55 such chests to max each mastery tier, 148 total for the Beetle.)
    • Food for the other mounts is obtainable at the heart vendor that first taught you about the mount. This can be used 1x/day to grant 31.8 kXP, so equivalent to about 11 of the desert daily chests if you feed each of the other five mounts.
    • Several achievements and collections end up granting you items that grant XP on demand, including some of the specialization weapon collections.

This won't do anything to help you now, but it is really nice to just "insta-learn" the masteries, without having to spend time once ANet fixes the issue.

Good luck & let us know when all is well again.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• There's been at least a couple of threads on the topic. I haven't seen any official response about whether this is intended or not.

One thing I didn't check: does the portal work during the assault on the fortress? During the boss phase? I know it doesn't work while the necrotic field is up. I thought maybe it was only supposed to transport folks when the event was live, and this was somehow a fix to something we didn't know was broken.

• reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, the portal isn't working back to the main waypoint either. The meta event has been completed. 1 min left remaining on the timer.

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Again, buggy first instance. Please fix asap.

Network errors, disconnects, long load times ...

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2018

Seems to be the same issue as last 2 episodes with disconnects, rollbacks and stuck in loading after a dc

Can't load in now on any toon and all I get is the Kourna loading screen despite being in Vabbi...

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

The new episode is unplayable, and then the character you used is also unplayable. Correction, none of the characters on your account will be playable. Further correction, I can load in characters on PoF maps anf Tyria, but not the Lion's Arch Aerodrome.

Are there hackers or are there stability problems that should have been foreseen?

Teapots raid stream seems to be fine though.

• PSX.9250PSX.9250 Member ✭✭

Got disconnected when i entered the first instance and now i am unable to log into my character due to network error.

Edit: Managed to log in but it's now repeating the issue again.

• Same as last time, network error of death :|

• Murtos.5342Murtos.5342 Member ✭✭

same problem as last living story release and this time it doesnt even let me connect with any char on any map at all..... nice how they want us to enjoy their new "content" if most of us cant play it... did they mess up again and make only 1 version per map available? only getting network error message on whatever map i try to connect on with any of my chars... and all these waypoint costs we gonna get for trying to see if it was a 1 time bug/was fixed without them posting something about it^^ feels fun to be an unpaid stress tester right?^^

• First instance : disconnect and error network when you enter the instance and character unplayable ....

• Same sad Story as last 2 LS... Maybe even worse, can't play any of my character

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭

Same thing, seems to be a regular thing every LS patch day now.

I can log in alts that are in Lion's Arch and Crystal Oasis, but nothing that is in Lion's Arch Aerodrome, or the character I used to start the story in Vabbi/Jahai Bluffs..

Aerodrome seems to be working now, perhaps temporarily.

Maybe the whole issue is a timed thing. I cycled through all 10 of my characters.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any release ever. As if that isn't to be expected for any mmo dropping new instances content.

Bite me.

• hi anet thx for the patch, see u after u repair the game bb

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same. It cuts out at the same place too. You get into the new area. Talk for a bit while riding and as soon as you get to the building and the quests updates it cuts out with a network error. Happened twice at the same exact moment.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• In the guild we had bet that it was happening.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Any release ever. As if that isn't to be expected for any mmo dropping new instances content.

When it's the same problem again and again, you do kind of expect them to learn how to work around it somehow.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Kong.3280Kong.3280 Member ✭✭✭

One of these days, maybe... just maybe, we'll be able to play and enjoy new content on the day it's released to us.

I'm a patient person, and didn't mind waiting for the last Living World episode to be released, but right now i'm starting to wish they had done the same thing with this update.

FREE ports within Not So Secret jumping puzzle! Chest, Dive Completion, Legendary Weapon Collections. Contact me anytime.

• they failed to solve the problem of dc's, what a great company. But dont worry u can play the game tommorrow, cause theres gonna be any patch for this. I think its a server issue when too much player want to play the ls, but it was with the last 2 ls too or they just bad at programming

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Not surprising at all. I almost feared that there will be no problems. Well, it happens but it's no big deal anyways.
    Just let them do their job and soon they'll fix it.
    Wishing the best of luck with working on it to all at Arenanet <3

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

When it's the same problem again and again, you do kind of expect them to learn how to work around it somehow.

Well, it's simply having tens of thousands of people trying to get into the same instance simultaneously that blows up their servers or whatever. Can't really work around that

Bite me.

Something seems to have changed and it is working now, for me at least.

• @Gehenna.3625 said:
    Same. It cuts out at the same place too. You get into the new area. Talk for a bit while riding and as soon as you get to the building and the quests updates it cuts out with a network error. Happened twice at the same exact moment.

You got a lot further than I did.

At least a timely response this time

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Exactly the same that happened with previous LS chapter. Exactly the same.
    This is not very professional.

• im just lagging (avg ping 500, EU) in bitterfrost, so see you on saturday :)

• see you everyone on monday next week when it will work ^^ lets hope this time we get our silver and coppers we payed for waypoints during this episode of "stress testing" back^^

• eldrin.6471eldrin.6471 Member ✭✭✭

little by little i loose interest in this game .every release comes with the same dc kitten.sick of testing there broken products.

• Izzykins.8624Izzykins.8624 Member ✭✭

Isn't this just expected results on any content release date at this point in history? Everyone (okay, some. Not all. ) called in sick, stayed up, or skipped class to be the first into content, massive wave of logins, network crashes, subsequent feels, etc?

• Kong.3280Kong.3280 Member ✭✭✭

After 30 mins of trying, connection errors and crashes, I finally got into the first story instance and am waiting praying i can continue to enjoy playing.

FREE ports within Not So Secret jumping puzzle! Chest, Dive Completion, Legendary Weapon Collections. Contact me anytime.

• I can only get to the character selection screen now. It won't load any character no matter where they were.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'M UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED!
    You didn't learned anything from previous episode mistakes!!!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• I should have come here to see this BIG BUG report before I entered the new story instance.
    I was kicked out while I followed the NPC to the mid way of the beginning.
    And it pop-up Network Error.... and disconnected.....
    And now I cant login in any toons of mine.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I can't even login my character I used to try to enter the instance with.

I was able to complete the first instance. Any similar reports from others?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Very disappointing, another kourna map so I expect nothing great but in addition these crashes... That's enough! It happened for each episode of the living season, those crashes shouldn't happens anymore! 3 months!!! Mhppffff.... will wait one-day or two I guess... was not hyped but I'm more than not hyped now.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Disconnects...network errors have not been able to stay in the game for 5 min sadly :( hope a fix will be there soon

• Disconnected after few minutes in the first instance, now getting network error every time i try to log in :( Can't access my other characters as well :(

• So, after two releases in a row happening the very same DC and connectivity issues and problems, what can we expect for the rest of LS4 and LS5?
    Sad.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
  • Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭

EDIT- Never mind, just noticed the special command button.

• Synstematic.1230Synstematic.1230 Member

After a good 40 minutes of waiting on loading screens and connection errors, I managed to log in. However, I'm not receiving access to the new episode at all, and the character that I use for living story has had his progress on the other LS4 episodes removed entirely as if I had not played through them. I can be patient with network issues, but I will not be happy if i have to replay all of LS4 just to get to the new content.

I am also unable to use my portal tome to enter Kourna because it is "locked content".

I would post screencaps, but the character in question is now unplayable as he is stuck in a loading screen on login.

-- Edit: Looking at other reports, I'm going to wager that the reason I can't get into Kourna is because of the scroll/tome bug linking it to Bluffs instead. I would still like an answer concerning the rollback on story progress, though.

• Darlgon.9273Darlgon.9273 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for letting us know. Too bad they didn't update their "official" forums at the same time.

@Darlgon.9273 said:

Thanks for letting us know. Too bad they didn't update their "official" forums at the same time.

They did, but only mentioned the gem store...which is weird given many of us can't even access the game. to get to it...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.