Portal Near Allied Encampment Broken [Resolved]

System

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There's been at least a couple of threads on the topic. I haven't seen any official response about whether this is intended or not.

One thing I didn't check: does the portal work during the assault on the fortress? During the boss phase? I know it doesn't work while the necrotic field is up. I thought maybe it was only supposed to transport folks when the event was live, and this was somehow a fix to something we didn't know was broken.

It doesn't appear to work at any time, whether the event is up or not. Every day since it stopped working on 7/24 I've been checking the release notes hoping to see that a fix has been issued. Fingers crossed this will be fixed soon.

Another reason I'm missing this portal is because there always seems to be a group of folks that don't participate in the cannon events, but will just camp out down by the Bokoss Prison Ruins POI waiting for others to complete the cannon events. When those that do participate in the cannon events make their way down to the moon fortress, often the first capture event will have already been completed and we miss that participation. If the portal was working, or if there was a WP in the south east corner of the map that would allow those that participate in the cannon events to get down there quickly and participate in that first capture event along with those that were camped outside the necrotic field waiting for it to go down.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:Another reason I'm missing this portal is because there always seems to be a group of folks that don't participate in the cannon events, but will just camp out down by the Bokoss Prison Ruins POI waiting for others to complete the cannon events. When those that do participate in the cannon events make their way down to the moon fortress, often the first capture event will have already been completed and we miss that participation. If the portal was working, or if there was a WP in the south east corner of the map that would allow those that participate in the cannon events to get down there quickly and participate in that first capture event along with those that were camped outside the necrotic field waiting for it to go down.

Imho instead of the town-stronghold shortcut there should be three entrance portals appearing at the cannons and three exit-portals at the stronghold (if the one doesn't work for 3 entrances) to minimize the time-loss for those who did the cannon event and have to travel there; and to encourage those who wait in front of the stronghold to also participate at the cannon event.

@Lanhelin.3480 said:

@Orion Templar.4589 said:Another reason I'm missing this portal is because there always seems to be a group of folks that don't participate in the cannon events, but will just camp out down by the Bokoss Prison Ruins POI waiting for others to complete the cannon events. When those that do participate in the cannon events make their way down to the moon fortress, often the first capture event will have already been completed and we miss that participation. If the portal was working, or if there was a WP in the south east corner of the map that would allow those that participate in the cannon events to get down there quickly and participate in that first capture event along with those that were camped outside the necrotic field waiting for it to go down.

Imho instead of the town-stronghold shortcut there should be three entrance portals appearing at the cannons and three exit-portals at the stronghold (if the one doesn't work for 3 entrances) to minimize the time-loss for those who did the cannon event and have to travel there; and to encourage those who wait in front of the stronghold to also participate at the cannon event.

That's a really good idea. To expand on that, I'd propose that the normal portal in the town likely doesn't need to be there all the time. When the three cannons go down, portals should appear at each cannon site, and one at the town where it is now. They should remain active until the necrotic field goes back up.

Just went through a meta in Domain of Kourna that underscores what we've been discussing. When the cannon events started, I went to the west cannon. I was alone there, but was able to fend off the Inquest. In map chat I asked how the other cannons were doing. Someone replied that East was okay. When I finished at the west cannon, I saw that only North was left so I headed that way. When I arrived, there was still over 2:30 left on the timer, and one other player was there. I think he probably had just arrived too and rezzed the researcher. The cannon had taken too much damage though and even though the two of us fought off the undead, the north cannon event failed. By the time we could run over to the moon fortress from there, the zerg that had been waiting outside the fort had completed the first point capture event.

My point is if people don't want to participate in the cannons, that is their choice - I'm not trying to imply otherwise. I just don't like feeling penalized for choosing to participate in the cannons. If a portal to the fort appeared at each cannon site as discussed above, that would really help, and might encourage more to participate in the cannons rather than waiting down by the fort.

Should make it so that all three Cannon have to be successfully reprogrammed - if one fails meta doesnt start. Secondly when all three Cannon have been reprogrammed, there is a 2 minute countdown before they fire on the Fortress. That way players can get down there and the non-participant leeches can wait till those that did the Cannon events get there.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived