Hands up if you use action camera

Fipmip.7219

@Makai.3429 said:Action cam completely changed the way I play the game, and for the better.

Exactly this. With the freedom of movement we have for most combat skills, I can't imagine playing without it. It's so much better and relieves hand stress when I don't have to hold a mouse button to move the camera around.

Yep, I do use it. When I first started using it, it was before I started doing melee classes. Loved it with engi rifle and ranger bows. I got so used to it I even melee with it now. or have been for awhile I suppose. I couldn't imagine not using it, despite the fact I have played the game longer without it than i have with it. At first it took a bit to adapt, I started in 2012 on gw2 played for 2 years without it. When i quit for 2 1/2 years that camera was implemented. So when i returned I started using it, guess been using for about 10 months now.

To be honest i had to re-adapt to alot of things, when i first started gw2 I used half of a controller and mouse to play the game lmao. Reason for this was because I had junk keyboard that wouldn't register multiple key presses. So strafing while moving forward or backward was impossible, (yea even jumping while moving was impossible so one can see the problem here, jumping puzzles anyone? Nope wont happen lol). So I rigged my Logitech controller to deal with movement, jumping and weapon 1 while i'd steer cam with the mouse and click the rest of my skills. I actually got pretty good with this, played for 2 years like that lmao. Been nice if I had the action cam back then I coulda used full controller I'd been happy.

Since my return last nov. I've adapted to keyboard and mouse, but took me awhile to adjust because of the way i learnt how to play. I'm good now though, I doubt I could handle controller/mouse like i did then. Even with action cam option. Though the ability to do so will be there now for an emergency right?

@Malthurius.6870 said:My Razer Naga has the issue where it double or triple clicks sometimes, so being able to turn the camera without having to click is great.

Classic Razer

Personally I don't use the action camera, I think it's incredibly awkward and a substantial step backwards in terms of usability, especially on a class with a lot of ground targeted AoEs

@Fermi.2409 said:Personally I don't use the action camera, I think it's incredibly awkward and a substantial step backwards in terms of usability, especially on a class with a lot of ground targeted AoEs

You can turn it on and off on the go set it to mouse 3 so if I need to aoe a specific spot just turn it off. But each to their own right?Takes time to learn it. Once you do a half controller and mouse deal nothing is awkward after that lmao.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I started using it when they added it to the game. This game broke keys on my mouse before then from having to hold them down to move.

@notebene.3190 said:Where do you look to see if you have 'action camera' on?

It's in
. You'll need to assign a key to toggle it on and off.

Oh, that. Okay thank you, I remember what that is now.

I do, but weirdly I only use it out of combat.

I use it most often when I'm exploring or doing a jumping puzzle - situations where I'd previously spend a lot of time holding down the right mouse button. Before Action Camera was added I changed one of the buttons on my mouse to be a right button toggle - basically if I pushed it the mouse acted as if I was holding down the right button until I pushed it again. Before that I was getting into trouble with RSI in my index finger (not entirely from GW2 but it definitely didn't help.)

In combat I prefer the default controls, and being able to move the camera independent of my character.

I bound the camera toggle to the X key so that I may switch between it quickly. It is pretty much necessary for any ease of movement underwater, it helps for certain ranged combat situations, and it helps in mounted situations where high-speed finesse is needed. I don't use it for general movement, gliding, close combat, and more ordinary mounted movement.

Yup. Like a poster above me, I quit the game due to the awkwardness of maneuvering in combat. I came back every so often, but not finding combat fun due to the control scheme always pushed me away. The only reason I'm still playing GW2 now is because I accidentally discovered that they, at some point, added the Action Camera.

Archived