I think the Ranger is up for a bigger rework. What are your thoughts? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I think the Ranger is up for a bigger rework. What are your thoughts?

xXxOrcaxXx.9328xXxOrcaxXx.9328 Member
edited September 18, 2018 in September 18, 2018

While the Ranger enjoys a fairly consistent play rate and is in no way in an unplayable state, playing since launch has left me with no doubt that the Pet as mechanic is lackluster at best and falls behind any and all other profession mechanics in terms of effectiveness, responsiveness and engagement value (read: fun). It feels like a mechanic that was never improved upon past its most basic functioning state.

As such, I am of the opinion that the pet needs a good stern look and some sweat and dev tears to get it into an actual engaging and rewarding mechanic, hence, a bigger rework is needed.
But that is just my opinion, what is yours?

Follow the link below to read what comes to my mind when thinking about reworking the pet:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1910/rangers-crux-pets-need-to-be-improved

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.