Storm Tracker: It thinks I am exiting the instance boundaries when I am not

When I am supposed to flee Kralk and leave Blish, the game says I am running out of the instance boundaries. I am nowhere near the shading. If I keep going, it kills me. If I go a little way and wait, it tells me I am crossing the edge of the instance and kills me. If I stand in place, it kills me. I asked in /say chat near the entrance to the story step and others were having the same issue. I tried re-entering the isntance and the green direction arrows were gone, but otherwise the game acted like it did before. The patch just around reset changed nothing. When I re-enter the instance.

2 ways to do this: Die and wait a couple of minutes, then you can simply progress normally.

Second way is to go right of the arch bulding, where the storms would be (that are invisible as well, but you can still get swirled around)

I also believe this will be fixed by tomorrow, so waiting might also work.

Exactly the same problem. Storybreaking Bug. Cannot progress.

I'm standing in the area that isn't shaded by the red 'out of bounds' markings and when I moved forward on the Raptor like it tells me to, I die. I tried it numerous times. I died.

I exited to the main zone, went back in. Same position, went to move forward on Raptor. I died.

Do Anet actually test these things on a Computer that doesnt have all the Dev Tools/Connected to their network - i.e just like the ones we have?

Same issue here. Also in general I'm not a fan at all of these dynamic instance areas, the warning messages appear way to close to the edges and I've lost count of the number of times I have been kicked from instances and had to restart them because I inadvertently mounted and went in the wrong direction.

@Daroon.1736 said:Same issue here. Also in general I'm not a fan at all of these dynamic instance areas, the warning messages appear way to close to the edges and I've lost count of the number of times I have been kicked from instances and had to restart them because I inadvertently mounted and went in the wrong direction.

Seems silly when the mechanic to push players back is used for invisible walls when swimming, just use that system.

@"Daroon.1736" said:Same issue here. Also in general I'm not a fan at all of these dynamic instance areas, the warning messages appear way to close to the edges and I've lost count of the number of times I have been kicked from instances and had to restart them because I inadvertently mounted and went in the wrong direction.

Agree, this "step over this line and you die"-mechanic is a real nuisance. When you can die just by flying a few fun downward spirals on your way down to the Jaka Itzel flax spot there is something wrong with the way these borders are handled. And as we can see in the case of this instance it's absolutely gamebreaking when something goes wrong with where these borders are supposed to be.

Same as everybody else. No matter what suggestion I try, I die. This is the most infuriating process I've ever encountered in GW2 and I've been playing since beta. I'll have to wait until they decide it really needs fixing. Having variable, unmarked, 'out of bounds' limits is a stupid decision of truly epic proportions. I've watched several Youtube videos and nothing in them applies.

Edit: I tried the 'stay dead for 2-3 minutes before restarting' tip and it did work - I was able to continue. This content could really do without that. (Note: I'm bad at jumping puzzles - at least there are a few checkpoints so you don't need to start at the beginning every time you die).

Archived