Add another choice other than "Offer Mercy" in Deadeye instance

@Palador.2170 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I personally wasn't feeling all that inclined towards mercy as I ran past the corpses of Pact troops in order to get to her.

I have to agree. That's a dozen or so innocent people dead just because she was having emotional issues. You don't get to just handwave that.

Yep, if she had just wounded them then, OK, I could write it off as extreme live fire training but those were our people. Those were Pact troops. Our Order's troops.

Sure, she's relevant because that's how the story is going to go but we spared her because of, what, a hunch? That didn't sit well with me.

@Palador.2170 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I personally wasn't feeling all that inclined towards mercy as I ran past the corpses of Pact troops in order to get to her.

I have to agree. That's a dozen or so innocent people dead just because she was having emotional issues. You don't get to just handwave that.

Well.. caithe never stood trial either, so i guess punk justice is dead

@"Pifil.5193" said:

Yep, if she had just wounded them then, OK, I could write it off as extreme live fire training but those were our people. Those were Pact troops. Our Order's troops.

Sure, she's relevant because that's how the story is going to go but we spared her because of, what, a hunch? That didn't sit well with me.

Agreed. If they were wounded, it would be bad but forgivable, but those are corpses.

She's clearly visible in Aurene's second vision, as being one of the people helping her attack Kralk. So it's possible she's important.

What we should have done is capture and detain her, and taken away her gun. There is nothing brave or noble about her, she was a coward to the core. Unwilling to face the truth about her "god", unwilling to face the fact that she needs to let go, and then she wanted an 'easy out' in combat. I'm fine with us sparing her because it may become important, but HOW we do it is terrible.

@Pifil.5193 said:Yep, if she had just wounded them then, OK, I could write it off as extreme live fire training but those were our people. Those were Pact troops. Our Order's troops.

They're not our people anymore. We left our Order when we became the Pact Commander since we could no longer be under one of them while commanding all of them. Then we left the Pact also when we turned down the role of Marshal. We kept the title but abandoned the authority. We have no people outside of our small Guild.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:Yep, if she had just wounded them then, OK, I could write it off as extreme live fire training but those were
our
people. Those were Pact troops. Our Order's troops.

They're not our people anymore. We left our Order when we became the Pact Commander since we could no longer be under one of them while commanding all of them. Then we left the Pact also when we turned down the role of Marshal. We kept the title but abandoned the authority. We have no people outside of our small Guild.

Trahearne was chosen to be the Marshall because the leader of the pact couldn't be from one of the Orders lest it be seen that one was above the others but we don't leave our Order when we become Commander. At least there's no dialogue to suggest that we do also my main is in the Order of Whispers and there's still Order of Whispers exclusive dialogue all over the place including the later maps.

Anyway, I still view them as "my people" as in "people who are important to us, the commander, comrades we've fought alongside". Not "my people" as in "my current subordinates". The same way I still think of my original krewe as "my people".

Archived